Shares of Research In Motion Limited are 6% higher in after-hours trading following better than expected Q4 results and strong Q1 guidance.

The BlackBerry maker reported Q4 EPS of $0.72, 2 cents better than the analyst estimate of $0.70. Revenues for the quarter were $1.88 billion, versus the consensus of $1.86 billion. RIM sees Q1 EPS of $0.82-$0.86, versus the consensus of $0.76, and revenues are expected to be $2.23-$2.3 billion, versus the consensus of $2.02 billion.

Commenting on their conference call, RIM co-CEO James Balsillie said Q1 results will be "strong". The company sees 5.3 million BlackBerry's shipped in Q1, versus the 4.4 million shipped in Q4. The company sees a Q1 average selling price of $345. RIM sees return to 'normalized growth' in Q1 and sees Q1 gross margins unchanged versus Q4. [LJ]

SteetInsider April 2, 2008
    StreetInsider.com - Research In Motion (RIMM) Jumps As BlackBerry Maker Tops Q4 Results and Paints Rosy Picture for Q1
    Last edited by Berryman; 04-02-08 at 05:39 PM.
    04-02-08 05:33 PM
    ... and there are 14+ million subscribers/addicts.

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Research In Motion won over holiday shoppers in the fourth quarter with models such as the video-playing Curve, fending off competition from Apple Inc. and Nokia Oyj. The company has used the Curve and other phones with media players to appeal to customers outside its base of business clients, which account for the majority of its more than 14 million subscribers.

Research In Motion added 2.18 million subscribers in the fourth quarter. In February, the company said gains for the period topped its own forecast of 1.82 million by as much as 20 percent.
    About 38 percent of BlackBerry subscribers now come from outside the corporate realm.
    The BlackBerry accounted for 41 percent of U.S. shipments for e-mail phones in the calendar fourth quarter, according to Reading, England-based researcher Canalys. Apple's iPhone had 28 percent and Palm Inc., maker of the Treo, had 9 percent.

Global shipments of phones with computer-like functions, including the BlackBerry, climbed 72 percent in the fourth quarter to 35.5 million devices, with U.S. sales tripling.
    Opening bell, I should be richer, by a lot.
    Last edited by Stoner; 04-02-08 at 09:52 PM.
    04-02-08 09:22 PM
    Good to hear!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 09:25 PM
    Anyone buy stock in RIM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 09:52 PM
    Yea, dosn't everybody?
    04-02-08 09:55 PM
    6% after hours, should make for an interesting opening for RIMM. I wonder if they can gain 10% and have it stick?
    04-02-08 10:43 PM

The smart money has been betting on $140 for a while now, recession takes a little longer to show it's ugly side.

The World's Smart phone market is expanding. Nearly 40% of the market are consumers already, what will it be in a year?

Russia, India and China each equal the American or European markets.

Seems to me, the limits are only imposed by container shipping out of Halifax and Montreal, combined.
    Last edited by Stoner; 04-02-08 at 11:40 PM.
    04-02-08 11:28 PM
    I think we deserve some credit!! CB.com has recruited many.
    04-03-08 05:58 AM

Sweet! Volume was nearly 3 times the average.
    04-03-08 04:25 PM
    good security
    04-06-08 04:26 AM

Sweet! Volume was nearly 3 times the average.
    too bad I only had this in my virtual portfolio ...

what are you using to view the quote? website or software? I use market filters and its okay but im looking for something better.

Edit: I realized it was google, but I'm still curious if theres any better applications out there.
    Last edited by Jackal; 04-06-08 at 01:49 PM.
    04-06-08 01:45 PM
    i have stock in rimm. both rimm and aapl actually
    04-06-08 02:03 PM
    i have stock in rimm. both rimm and aapl actually
    lately yea they've both been doing well. lol i have them both as well. Even though apple is trying to go after RIMs market I dont see a situation where it will hurt either one. They both have their respective shares of the market, if anything its taking away from the other smartphone competitors.
    04-06-08 09:46 PM
    lately yea they've both been doing well. lol i have them both as well. Even though apple is trying to go after RIMs market I dont see a situation where it will hurt either one. They both have their respective shares of the market, if anything its taking away from the other smartphone competitors.
    My thoughts too, the battle lines have been drawn and there are plenty smart phones going to be sold next few years.

My desktop investment management software has no chance of working on the 'berry. No problem, Google is quite capable of displaying a quote with a single click.
    04-07-08 05:35 PM
    My thoughts too, the battle lines have been drawn and there are plenty smart phones going to be sold next few years.

My desktop investment management software has no chance of working on the 'berry. No problem, Google is quite capable of displaying a quote with a single click.
    I frown upon 15 minute delays tho...
    granted I found something that did have up to date tracking but its monthly charges are waaaaaaay high... with different charges for tracking different indexes and exchanges. I was like no way. Damn thing looked like when it was all said and done it would be the price of my entire cell phone bill. I'll stick to my computer for that thank you very much... = )
    04-07-08 05:48 PM
    Back in the day, Bloomberg was a critical service and if it went down, panic calls from the Executive Suite ensued.

Fortuantly, the vast majority of time it was a simple matter of restarting the server. On one occasion, the problem required rerouting to bypass a failed node. The clock was ticking, it was wasn't back in service within an hour, the escalation desk went ape S*it.

You would think, having to fall back to the 15 minute delay would be a suitable workaround, but that severely impacted the ability to trade.

I am happy enough with it, sure beats having to wait for the end of trading to get a quote in the newspaper.

My investment management software does return a timely quote when I have an active trade in progress.
    04-09-08 01:49 PM
    I think your right, CB does deserve a shout!!!
    04-09-08 02:43 PM
    Seems to me, some pretty highly placed insiders are regulars around these parts.

They do a fine job on BBForums and the WikiFAQ is fantastic.

But .... for some reason, , this is the place a lot of us find first.
    04-10-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD