I went into my local Telus mob. Outlet before going to work earlier today and asked if he had heard anything about the BB10. Flat out he said that the BB rep. Had been replaced by the RIM rep. That was the first thing. Second thing he did was pull up the picture this person sent him. It was the Blade. I told him No, that is a concept phone, but he was adamant about the picture and information gave to him. This being said, he didn't know about the L or N series, and kept going back to the email & picture. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I do live in the sticks in Northern Canada. Sorry I won't be able to comment for a few days, I'm in an airport, just about to board and am staring down a 16 hour flight. I don't know how many time zones, but when I get on the ground next it won't be the 11th nor the 12th but the 13th. So help dispel or shed light, please. Thanks all. Have a good couple of days.
    09-12-12 12:38 AM
    The Blade you say? Hmm. Well it is a sexy looking phone. But, the photo on CrackBerry shows the Blade with a slider. From what we know, there isn't supposed to be a slider included with the first two devices that get launched. Maybe RIM decided to scrap the slider portion of that design, and make that one the all touch screen?

Just a guess, which is all any of us can really do at this point.

I am excited to get my hands on BB10 device.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    09-12-12 02:31 AM
    I know that blackberry blade slider, actually I love it. It's almost like torch but the thin one
    could u guess how much is it??
    09-12-12 09:40 AM
    that would be a game changing device if they released the blade, that is one nice phone and i'm sure all those that like the bling factor will be all over it. its by far my favorite of the BB10 concepts
    metz9444 likes this.
    09-12-12 09:49 AM
    So this rep knows nothing about two phones that have been all-but-confirmed (multiple pictures of the L-series, articles about both the L and N), but believes that the Blade exists?

Sounds like that rep is way out of the loop

I'd love to see the Blade come into fruition; it's an incredibly sexy design and would be a halo phone, but, it's wishful thinking.
    09-12-12 09:56 AM
    Flat out he said that the BB rep. Had been replaced by the RIM rep.

Um this rep has NO idea what he is talking about. BlackBerry IS made by RIM.
    09-12-12 10:09 AM
    It could mean that BB10 will be rebranded to not fall under the blackberry name...

But the Blade was a concept and a design company has admitted to creating it. A real device based off of it is highly improbable, and how does a rep not know about the N-series or L-series, which have essentially been confirmed?
    09-12-12 10:41 AM
    Until RIM makes a formal announcement, all we can do is play the 'wait and see' card
    09-12-12 10:43 AM
    It could mean that BB10 will be rebranded to not fall under the blackberry name...

But the Blade was a concept and a design company has admitted to creating it. A real device based off of it is highly improbable, and how does a rep not know about the N-series or L-series, which have essentially been confirmed?

The devices are most definitely BlackBerry. BB10 = BlackBerry 10, BES10 = BlackBerry Enterprise Solution 10, etc. They most definitely will carry the BlackBerry name.
    09-12-12 11:38 AM
    Sounds like the same up to date advice my sister in law got up here in the sticks in Northern Alberta as well. She was told, as she revealed to me with shock because she lives under a rock "My Rogers guy, and he's a Blackberry guy, told me they're in trouble because there have been no phones for 2 years and they have no money. He said there won't be any new phones." Of course she also told me her Torch was 3.5 years old. She must have skipped forward in time from 2009 to 2010, bought one, returned to her time, and has been using it a year and a half longer than everyone else. She's such a liar. LOL.

I'm just amazed that people that work selling mobile phones don't know anything about what's going on behind the scenes. I'm starting to sound like a crazed fan going around correcting everyone that BB10 is in the works but I'm getting tired of the spread of misinformation.

As for the Blade. That's my dream phone. I'm going to buy the all touch BB10 when it comes out, but I think I might switch between it and my Torch. I loves my slider. I like the big touchscreen AND the keyboard. And damn that concept Blade was sexy.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    09-12-12 12:29 PM
    I drool every time I see the Blade concept. I'm ready to do anything to get RIM make that phone.
    09-12-12 01:07 PM
    I drool every time I see the Blade concept. I'm ready to do anything to get RIM make that phone.
    I have to admit, that Blade concept is very nice. I would love to see one come down the pipeline in the future. I've been a patient man. I'm being patient while RIM drops the first two in January, but how about dropping a blade like slider just before summer?!?!
    09-12-12 02:37 PM
    I think someone just made a mistake or is playing a joke on someone.
    09-12-12 03:00 PM
    trolololololol!
    samuelwhatshisface likes this.
    09-12-12 04:08 PM
    That rep gots to go!

He just googles a lot and doesnt come to these forums, where the real juice is

Op, expect a Full Touch and Qwerty device, not a Slider, not just yet...
    09-12-12 04:12 PM
    I mean this ONLY in jest, but is this REALLY the other half of Canada only now catching wind of month-old rumors?!
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    09-12-12 04:54 PM
    I mean this ONLY in jest, but is this REALLY the other half of Canada only now catching wind of month-old rumors?!
    Things work a little differently up there in Canada!
    09-12-12 05:12 PM
    I was actually wondering if the OP was in the same store as my sister in law for a minute there. When she told me Blackberry was in trouble, it was all I could do not to scream "NO WAY! THAT'S LIKE! BRAND NEW NEWS!"

The sad facts in a small town. You go into an electronics store, you have to tell them what you're looking for, find it on the shelf, tell them what it does, and then they will nod, take the product to checkout and ask you if there's anything else THEY can help you with.
    09-12-12 05:14 PM

This guy also said he used to have RIM & BB reps. He said the RIM rep. told him that the BB rep. would be no longer. It sounds to me like this is a guy filling in from the shop or something.
    09-12-12 06:18 PM
    Things work a little differently up there in Canada!

I've heard a lot of rumors, all here on CB. This is the only place I go for news & events. I have been on this site every day since the news of QNX. When a carrier tells you one thing & you know for sure another, I run it through the CB bs spectrometer. In no way am I trolling get here,I just want perspective. What I have told the forum is verbatim what this guy said. I now figure he is a fill in on the front desk or a nubee.
    09-12-12 06:28 PM
    I've heard a lot of rumors, all here on CB. This is the only place I go for news & events. I have been on this site every day since the news of QNX. When a carrier tells you one thing & you know for sure another, I run it through the CB bs spectrometer. In no way am I trolling get here,I just want perspective. What I have told the forum is verbatim what this guy said. I now figure he is a fill in on the front desk or a nubee.
    No no, we definitely didn't think you were trolling. I was just being a bleep from Ontario!
    09-13-12 07:35 AM
    i was told by a guy in the vodaphone shop in the uk that EVERY phone will be full touch screen by 2014...

He made it sound like a conspiracy lol
    09-13-12 09:11 AM
    i was told by a guy in the vodaphone shop in the uk that EVERY phone will be full touch screen by 2014...

He made it sound like a conspiracy lol

I would love to know where he got his source lol.
    09-13-12 09:17 AM
    Lol guys...anything other than what RIM confirms is speculation.

We know that in Q1 they are releasing a full touchscreen BB10 phone, and a QWERTY BB10 phone.

I've also never met a sales rep at a carrier physical location who knew much outside of what was in their employee guide.
    09-13-12 09:26 AM
    Of course the REP knows very well what you talked about but he tries to convey your question into something else because this BB10 is still a top secret. RIM probably told them not to say anything more constructive until it is getting close to the release date more like November or December. I'm pretty sure Heins will talk a little bit about it next week in San Jose, California.
    09-13-12 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD