Research In Motion is to release Q3 FY 2013 earnings today after the bell. I will tweet the results in addition to my analysis and opinions as soon as the earnings release hits Bloomberg. Like always, I will also be listening to the earnings call at 5PM and live tweeting.

RIM had decent results last quarter (Q2 FY 2013) where they beat the street, increased REV and EPS quarter-over-quarter. As a matter of fact, they were one of the only smartphone-related companies to beat the street. In addition to this, they didn't burn any cash. Now dont' expect this to stay the same this quarter, however historically Q3 has been a strong quarter for RIM (mainly due to product launches).

Expect the cash position to start reflecting increased expenses on BlackBerry 10 developer support, marketing, and launch. We could also see an impact to overall revenue as customers are holding out to purchase the up and coming BlackBerry 10 devices which will be launching next month. For the same reason, shipments of handsets will be affected as well.

Last quarter (Q2 FY 2013) Research In Motion shipped 7.4M BlackBerry smartphones and approximately 130k PlayBooks. Revenue in Q2 came in at $2.9B up 2% from $2.8B in Q1. Net income loss was $142M (Adjusted for restructing costs), which resulted in an earnings per share loss of $0.27.

Follow me on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/SurrealCivic) for a complete analysis of the earnings as they hit after the closing bell (4pm EST).

Press release to Q3 FY 2013 will be available at this link: http://press.rim.com/content/dam/rim...ss_Release.pdf
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-20-12 08:53 AM