In theory I wouldn't mind seeing RIM partner up with Sony. Putting the OS10 in tv's, cars etc.
    11-03-12 08:43 PM
    whatever happens, please not sony... t.T
    11-03-12 08:46 PM
    I'm sure theyre serious about licensing it, why shouldn't they be?

It's just that the interest isn't there from other manufacturers. Why go with an unproven platform like BB10, when there are plenty of alternatives available already? From forking Android to Meego, Windows Embedded or Gram, there are plenty of OSes available for licensing that are either A: Free, B: Not a 1.0 product or C: Both of the above.
    11-04-12 12:42 AM

It's just that the interest isn't there from other manufacturers. Why go with an unproven platform like BB10, when there are plenty of alternatives available already? From forking Android to Meego, Windows Embedded or Gram, there are plenty of OSes available for licensing that are either A: Free, B: Not a 1.0 product or C: Both of the above.
    I think the people concerned with posible licensing of any OS for whatever product, are smart enough to understand that A; free means nothing when quality is what matters. B; QNX RTOS is far from a 1.0 product or C both of the above D nice try though, keep up the BS campaign!
    11-04-12 01:02 AM
    Everything connected is definitely the future. We went from 5 employees at our store having 4 BB's plus 2 Playbook between us to only the boss running a Torch and a corporate issued Bold. He is getting rid of his Torch for a Samsung Ativ when it drops in Canada because of the integration with Xbox, his laptop and desktops with Windows 8, and his Samsung home entertainment system. Everything he has will be Windows 8 or WP 8 and Samsung made.

If RIM is smart they will seriously consider this route.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    Rello likes this.
    11-04-12 10:05 AM
    Everything connected is definitely the future. We went from 5 employees at our store having 4 BB's plus 2 Playbook between us to only the boss running a Torch and a corporate issued Bold. He is getting rid of his Torch for a Samsung Ativ when it drops in Canada because of the integration with Xbox, his laptop and desktops with Windows 8, and his Samsung home entertainment system. Everything he has will be Windows 8 or WP 8 and Samsung made.

If RIM is smart they will seriously consider this route.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. RIM keeps talking about a connected future so hopefully bb10 will be the platform to do this for them.

I see what you're talking about but (assuming the story is even true) if LG can be convinced to throw WebOS onto a tv(and I very much like WebOS but I wouldn't call it proven) then I would think RIM wouldn't have "too" much difficulty licensing their OS for such use. I don't know....just a thought. With all this talk of a connected future, I do expect/hope they would try something different like this to accomplish that goal...
    11-04-12 08:27 PM
    I believe that RIM is serious about Licensing BB10.... just don't see much interest from Manufactures. Their are plenty of OS out there that they can choose from, but very few people buy their phones based on the OS. They are buying into a platform or ecosystem, one that either they or someone they know is currently using and can recommended to them.

Coming out with a "new" (not total new - we have had some experience with the PlayBook OS) OS is going to be difficult for RIM. Because on day one they will need EVERYTHING just right to make the new phones a success. Just don't see any reason for another OEM to risk licensing and producing devices for a platform that doesn't really even exist yet. (unless you count the current PlayBook - but that would be a negative reason to go with RIM.)
    11-05-12 09:19 AM
32 12