http://crackberry.com/rim-ramp-us-ma...es-latter-year

Did they just realized the importance of the U.S. market? I really don't think RIM realized how much the U.S. market they would lose in 2011.

And I can't believe they're just going to start pushing the OS 7 devices in the U.S. They should've being doing this months ago when the 9900(30), 9850(60), 9810 hit the market.

I'd bet you ask your average American and they still think BlackBerry is sluggish, the browser is unusable - basically OS 5 or OS 6.
    Last edited by BB.David; 12-15-11 at 05:39 PM.
    12-15-11 05:37 PM
    Noooooooo you're silly BB.David. Why would they do that months ago?

RIM clearly knows what it's doing.
    12-15-11 05:38 PM
    Frankly having owned devices through OS 5, 6 & 7 I myself don't see a huge difference. Browsing has improved as has the general look of the interface (as much due to screen resolution as os changes) but it's still the same tired old Blackberry.

Still waiting for that 'Quantum Leap' over the competition, and looks like I've got another year of waiting once again.
    12-15-11 05:51 PM
    They think about this now ??? ... amazing how they've survived all this time
    12-15-11 06:20 PM
    Frankly having owned devices through OS 5, 6 & 7 I myself don't see a huge difference. Browsing has improved as has the general look of the interface (as much due to screen resolution as os changes) but it's still the same tired old Blackberry.

Still waiting for that 'Quantum Leap' over the competition, and looks like I've got another year of waiting once again.
    That's just from building on the same interface. So it seems boring because it's not new.

Same thing iPhone will be going through in a few years. BB has been around since the late 90s. So I understand why you feel that way.

Can't wait for QNX myself.
    12-16-11 12:24 PM

I like BBOS. I've always liked how it works since OS5 (except for the early browsers), and I like how it has evolved since then. I only hope the BB10 UI is as intuitive and efficient.
    12-16-11 12:30 PM
    They need to MARKET like CRAZY in the US. So many of my friends and people that I know see my Bold 9900 and think it performs like an old 9700 or something.

When they see that I'm interacting with it by touchscreen, they react like "What?! that thing has a touch screen?" and usually they assume that its a crap touchscreen like the Storm series. Until I let them play with it, in which they are very impressed with it, and usually reply with "wow I had no idea BlackBerry made a touchscreen bold that was so smooth!"

I posted a story a few weeks back about an experience I had with some fiends and the PlayBook:
    PlayBook Story: RIM *DESPERATELY* Needs Better Marketing

and pointed out that it was pretty obvious that a major reason why BB devices aren't selling as well as RIM would like, is because majority of consumers (in the US) have no idea that some of RIM's newer devices even exist! And that they would at least consider buying one if they knew what those devices are, and how they function....

There are still plenty of consumers out there (I bet a whole bunch who ditched BB for another phone based on trouble with older hardware) who still have no idea of BBos7's existence. If they knew, I'm sure plenty of people would come back. Or if they were in the market for a new smartphone, they would at least consider a BB in their list of choices...
    Last edited by FMB8900; 12-16-11 at 01:09 PM.
    12-16-11 12:53 PM
    RIM should've really pushed hard for their OS7 devices this Christmas, especially in the U.S. Maybe it wouldn't have brought lots of new customers but would prevented many BlackBerry users from leaving to iOS or Android.
    12-16-11 03:20 PM
    RIM should've really pushed hard for their OS7 devices this Christmas, especially in the U.S. Maybe it wouldn't have brought lots of new customers but would prevented many BlackBerry users from leaving to iOS or Android.
    HAHA no sir, that's logic you are speaking. We will have none of that at crackberry nor will RIM have anything to do with it.
    12-16-11 03:31 PM
    http://crackberry.com/rim-ramp-us-ma...es-latter-year

Did they just realized the importance of the U.S. market? I really don't think RIM realized how much the U.S. market they would lose in 2011.
    Or apparently in 2012.... with no BBX10 Phone until the end of next year, that is going to pretty much leave RIM with declining sales for another year. .
    12-16-11 03:37 PM
    Ramping up marketing for the bb10 devices coming out soon is a great idea. Soon will be quick, as we all know how fast 2011 flew, it's almost done just like that. Time flies. I'll be awaiting the moment to test the new devices once they're in store.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-16-11 05:38 PM
    The marketing all of 2012 must be distraction based.

"Buy our 2011 BB VII phones at 2012 prices! We are obsoleting them in early 2013 when we ship X10!!! Developers, which shell has the pea?"

RIM needs to flat out slander every other platform as childish and insecure to overcome the message that is implicit in their fragile roadmap.
    12-16-11 08:27 PM
    Not marketing the BB7 devices was s.t.u.p.i.d.....

Actually they didn't even market OS6 that heavily (they had some commecials at least), AT&T did most of the work with the torch.... How their already poor marketing got worse for OS7 is boggling...
    12-16-11 08:31 PM
    The marketing all of 2012 must be distraction based.

"Buy our 2011 BB VII phones at 2012 prices! We are obsoleting them in early 2013 when we ship X10!!! Developers, which shell has the pea?"

RIM needs to flat out slander every other platform as childish and insecure to overcome the message that is implicit in their fragile roadmap.
    RIM must make Blackberry trendy, but in a different way than Apple. A good startegy may be to make commercials showing Blackberry with hip urban youth, while showing Apple users as tight jean wearing zombies. Its a long shot but it may work if the phones are really advanced and touchscreen.
    12-16-11 09:05 PM
    RIM must make Blackberry trendy, but in a different way than Apple. A good startegy may be to make commercials showing Blackberry with hip urban youth, while showing Apple users as tight jean wearing zombies. Its a long shot but it may work if the phones are really advanced and touchscreen.
    Absolutely. FUD all the way. RIM is selling from the only thing worse than an empty wagon. BB Vii is a wagon of poison fruit, and X10 is imaginary fruit at this point. Question the manliness of the Apple users. Blame the financial crisis on the iPhone (coincidence???).

The urban youth in the ads should be painfully diverse, with preferred groups 3x to 5x over-represented. Let the two co-CEOs portray the Apple users, nothing like wealthy middle-aged Canadians to communicate "uncool".

Gloves off. No approach is too low. This is about survival, and when you face multiple superior opponents, you can't get too hung up on rules.

Applying for the CMO job?
    12-16-11 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD