This is probably a headline you won't see on CB's home page.

Lately, every other line on CB's home page seems to be just an ad for the playbook.

Off the NY Post today:
    Despite PlayBook tablet, RIM stock plunges - NYPOST.com
    Last edited by expidia; 03-26-11 at 09:09 AM.
    03-26-11 09:05 AM
    but again, its an analyst
    if analyst could predict the future... give em a 1-976 #
    03-26-11 09:09 AM
    LOL!!! Guess what?!? I was an analyst before getting my last position! I should send them an opinion piece....anyone can be publshed...should be fun!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 09:31 AM
    According to the many experts here on the forum they are already at the bottom.
    03-26-11 10:14 AM
    I just used that analyst's line as an example that the new Smart phones are now in the $200 plus range and BB is chasing the low end of the market as they already have lost the high end.

If they are hoping that the Playbook and it's paltry 7 inch screen and lack of apps pops their stock up again it probably won't work as consumers compare the Playbook against a proven winner like the ipad and ipad 2 . . . I think their declining stock price over the last 5 quarters is already reflecting that they have already lost the battle against the newer Smart phones.

And their stock price is already factoring in that the Playbook is not even out but it's going to be a struggle to compete in the tablet market as ipad dumps 1 million ipad 2's on the market last week just to trip up the Playbook and Zooms releases and the demand for ipad 2's can't even be filled for another 4-5 weeks. Now that's just great marketing by Apple. I'm not even an Apple fan, but one can't fault them for their great marketing of their products.

I might get an ipad 2 in a few weeks, mostly so I can watch Netflix remotely!

One does not have to be an analyst to simply "follow the trends".
    It's really sad in my opinion, that Rim who once "owned" the smart phone market has a management team that does not have a clue as to what the consumers are looking for from the newer devices as our contracts end.

I'll probably get a Droid Bionic as I'm now out of contract. Just look how cool that Attrix 4G model is that one can plug it into the back of the optional laptop.
    Last week Droid announced most new models will have this option too. I hope the Bionic can be upgraded to this feature and then I can give the ipad2 to my Wife if the Bionic gets the needed files to stream Netflix.

This article really hits on how Rim's management team has dropped the ball.
    Their CEO is now hitching their star to the Playbook! Good luck with that one!

If I were Rim, I would change my company name to "GRim"
    Last edited by expidia; 03-26-11 at 10:52 AM.
    03-26-11 10:40 AM
    Smart phones are now in the $200 plus range ...
    The only reason they are $200 is the carrier will make the subsidsy back on your contract. Check out the off contact pricing for the real cost, what most of the World pays for a Smartphone.

revenues were off just a bit, at $5.6 billion compared to expectations of $5.64 billion. Gross margins were 44.2%. ...
    Really? That means they have sold everything they could build, again.

$40,000,000 is a lot of money for most of us, but that is bairly noise to RIM. Hardly the nose dive some American analysts are seeing.

03-26-11 11:37 AM
    What Rim needs to do is bring to market new devices and OS's real quick as it's the only thing that can stop the bleeding at this juncture.

Two years ago I would sit down at say a lunch counter and look to my left and right and many were using Blackberries.

Or I'd be in a business meeting and many business people would pull out their BB's and put them on the table mostly because they were tied to their company's servers and could only use a BB.

This is absolutely no longer the case. I'm just saying the "trend" is no longer in BB's favor . . . Rim dragged their heals last year and the best they could come out with was OS6 that falls way short of the OS's available on other newer devices.

The Smart phone market is only 75% penetrated . . . How does Rim just leave that 75% market share on the table for other company's devices to fill?

When I see friends/business associates with a new device now, I have yet to see one of them over the past year opting for a BB. When I pull out my BB in a crowd now, I feel like I'm holding my old gray Motorola flip phone. Soon I'll have to make my calls from a stall in the men's room or with the banished smokers standing outside of a restaurant

In my opinion it's all about web browsing right now (hence the popularity of the Tablets). That's the selling point of any new devices currently.
    Of course making quality calls and receiving emails, texts etc is a given because those should be "basic" features of any smart phone. If a new device doesn't do email or make quality calls we need to pass on it and wait for a newer one to hit the market.

Now Smart Phones are all so thin, we can opt for a bigger screen without the added weight and they offer us not only a larger screen but a faster browsing experience. So Rim builds a Torch, but does not allow the largest provider in the world access. iphone pulled the same crap and that helped the Droid market to soar (not great marketing on iphone and Rim's part). So iphone saw the writing on the wall and smartened up giving VZ access to the iphone. What did Rim do about introducing a new device . . . Nutt'in They just go after the Asian markets with old devices and put all their marketing into the Playbook.
    This marketing plan is sure to be a huge flop!

It should be exciting for many of us to see what the new 4G devices might offer us over the next few quarters. Funny, when I was on Palm I used to say I'll never use a non touch screen device. Then I went over to BB and said I'll never give up my keyboard (I actually never liked the BB keyboard cause the buttons are so small and close together). Now I can't wait to get rid of the keyboard and type on a large screen held horizontally (the key is never say never).

I for one, enjoy getting a new device every year or two anyway. Technology changes so fast now. If Rim kept up with the others, I'd be looking at them also, but they have really lost ground over the past year and seems like they are just throwing in the "Towel".
    When I moved over to BB it was from the Palm platform and had several other Smart Phones before Palm too. I really liked the thinner size of the BB and the speed of it's OS.

I see a merger in Rim's future as the only thing that will save them. It certainly won't be the Playbook. I could envision another hardware provider buying Rim so they could retain some of Rim's share of the business user markets. If their stock keeps dropping it should be a sweet takeover candidate.

This recent article also highlights how fast Rim is losing it's market share.
    Android surpasses BlackBerry as No. 1 U.S. smartphone OS - Mar. 7, 2011
    Last edited by expidia; 03-26-11 at 01:00 PM.
    03-26-11 12:50 PM
    The only reason they are $200 is the carrier will make the subsidy back on your contract. Check out the off contact pricing for the real cost, what most of the World pays for a Smartphone.
    I understand that. Most smart phones purchased out of contract are like $5-600. But who would ever pay that when the provider subsidizes your purchase. We have to pay a monthly fee anyway forever!

A few of the older BB devices on VZ's site are going for .01 cents now.
    The Storm2 is the only one going for $199, because it's a touch screen and looks like some of the newer devices from other manufacturers.

I'll probably have to pay like $149 out of pocket when I upgrade to one of the new droid devices because I have 1 year left on a 2 year contract ( I think I paid $99 to get the 9650 after 1 year).

I don't mind paying $149 to get the features I most want like a better browser. I'd just pay the cx'l of the remainder of my contract (I think the rep told me it was $135 to get out now). And sign a new contract with VZ or another provider, before I'd ever buy a device outright for 5 or 6 hundred!

They can put any retail price on a new device they choose. Doesn't mean the device is worth $600. This is just the sales tactic they use to lock you up for another 2 years. People sign a contract and say to themselves "wow, I'm getting a device that's worth $600 for $200, where do I sign".

The joke is we have to pay a monthly fee anyway contract or no contract. If you lose or break your device, you can get a replacement off Craigslist usually for less than the subsidized price a few months after the device comes out as some users are just unhappy with the one they just bought and want to get rid of it so they can switch devices.

I won't even get insurance anymore. Now VZ's insurance is going down to like $7 a month, but they are upping the deductible to $90. What a joke. I'd just turn on my old 9650 again, until I could snag a replacement off Craigslist before I'd pay them for insurance. I've been paying $96 a year to them plus a $50 deductible if I lose the phone. If a new phone breaks in the first year they fix it for free anyway (except dropping or water damage).
    Last edited by expidia; 03-26-11 at 01:36 PM.
    03-26-11 01:29 PM
    I think a 7 inch tablet is the perfect size for my needs. It has flash so unless you just like to continue to give money to a company I don't see the need for tons of apps. That being said I feel the application support will be strong. So I guess I am one of those customers that doesn't fit your theory.
    03-26-11 01:40 PM
    What Rim needs to do is bring to market new devices and OS's real quick as it's the only thing that can stop the bleeding at this juncture.

Two years ago I would sit down at say a lunch counter and look to my left and right and many were using Blackberries.

Or I'd be in a business meeting and many business people would pull out their BB's and put them on the table mostly because they were tied to their company's servers and could only use a BB.

This is absolutely no longer the case. I'm just saying the "trend" is no longer in BB's favor . . . Rim dragged their heals last year and the best they could come out with was OS6 that falls way short of the OS's available on other newer devices.

The Smart phone market is only 75% penetrated . . . How does Rim just leave that 75% market share on the table for other company's devices to fill?

When I see friends/business associates with a new device now, I have yet to see one of them over the past year opting for a BB. When I pull out my BB in a crowd now, I feel like I'm holding my old gray Motorola flip phone. Soon I'll have to make my calls from a stall in the men's room or with the banished smokers standing outside of a restaurant

In my opinion it's all about web browsing right now (hence the popularity of the Tablets). That's the selling point of any new devices currently.
    Of course making quality calls and receiving emails, texts etc is a given because those should be "basic" features of any smart phone. If a new device doesn't do email or make quality calls we need to pass on it and wait for a newer one to hit the market.

Now Smart Phones are all so thin, we can opt for a bigger screen without the added weight and they offer us not only a larger screen but a faster browsing experience. So Rim builds a Torch, but does not allow the largest provider in the world access. iphone pulled the same crap and that helped the Droid market to soar (not great marketing on iphone and Rim's part). So iphone saw the writing on the wall and smartened up giving VZ access to the iphone. What did Rim do about introducing a new device . . . Nutt'in They just go after the Asian markets with old devices and put all their marketing into the Playbook.
    This marketing plan is sure to be a huge flop!

It should be exciting for many of us to see what the new 4G devices might offer us over the next few quarters. Funny, when I was on Palm I used to say I'll never use a non touch screen device. Then I went over to BB and said I'll never give up my keyboard (I actually never liked the BB keyboard cause the buttons are so small and close together). Now I can't wait to get rid of the keyboard and type on a large screen held horizontally (the key is never say never).

I for one, enjoy getting a new device every year or two anyway. Technology changes so fast now. If Rim kept up with the others, I'd be looking at them also, but they have really lost ground over the past year and seems like they are just throwing in the "Towel".
    When I moved over to BB it was from the Palm platform and had several other Smart Phones before Palm too. I really liked the thinner size of the BB and the speed of it's OS.

I see a merger in Rim's future as the only thing that will save them. It certainly won't be the Playbook. I could envision another hardware provider buying Rim so they could retain some of Rim's share of the business user markets. If their stock keeps dropping it should be a sweet takeover candidate.

This recent article also highlights how fast Rim is losing it's market share.
    Android surpasses BlackBerry as No. 1 U.S. smartphone OS - Mar. 7, 2011
    RIM is doing what RIM needs to do. I honestly didn't care when I got my Storm what phone was at the top or the bottom, the phone worked and still works for me.

There is no "real" incentive to move to another phone or platform.

I wish my business was "bleeding" the same way RIM is "bleeding" and expect RIM stock to move back up.

I have a lot of associates, most of them love their Blackberries a few switched to iphone. It's still about 90% BB.

There are two iphone 4s in the family (not mine) and after a whole lot of playtime on the iphone, I just don't see the incentive the move. I am basically a cell phone luddite. I want to my phone to make calls, emails and run a few critical apps. I suspect a lot of Blackberry users are like me.

I can wait for the Storm 3 or whatever the next incarnation is.
    03-26-11 01:55 PM
    Paltry 7"? Something highly functional I can slip in a pocket and keep my hands free, that is open sourced and almost unlimited, using flash and functional in many ways? Gee, I should be so lucky as to be so burdened.

And let's not forget the root word of analyst. With such a view, where else can ya go?

03-26-11 02:22 PM
    it's true. they are focused on low value low end phones for emerging markets.
    03-26-11 02:24 PM
    Really? So you define yourself by your phone or whatever else LOOKS good to others or whatever is "in". Guess that's what is going wrong in this world. Oh you're not wearing designer cloths and you don't have an iphone well then banish you to trailer park as we all know those people are all worthless
    i7guy and Ferretling like this.
    03-26-11 02:35 PM
    Out of all the funny and stupid and weird things analysts and journalists have said regarding the conference call, the most true and also amusing one that I've seen is this one:

RIM has two CEOs and three COOs. Why is anyone expecting straight answers from a company that can’t even decide who’s in charge?

Made me chuckle because it's true. A little too much managing happening. The more the merrier I guess?
    Last edited by dooodads; 03-26-11 at 04:08 PM.
    03-26-11 04:00 PM
    Statements like this and your long winded rant doesn't build a case against Rim. I've too many times to count now. If you would just stop and think for a second, the other platforms isn't doing anything that blackberrys have'nt been able to do for yrs now. The other platforms are just now catching up. So yea its natural for people to go greet the new guys on the block. I hear just as many comments of people coming back to blackberry as I do people that are glad they left blackberry.
    So are yall saying that blachberry phones are going to be cheaper to buy. Hurt me...... I can live w/ that. Are yall suggesting that the playbook will cost me less than what I paid for myndaughter's ipad? Oh that's gonna **** me off..... Surely you don't believe that blackberry is going to leave the market. Funny thing is, this week while paying my bill I asked the saleman if blackberry sales has been down and he said they where as good as ever. He threw in that they get less complaints about blackberrys than anything. A lot of htcs come back for cracked or broken screens or no boots. People will always buy what they like no matter what. Blackberry will always have a following.

03-26-11 04:56 PM
    it's true. they are focused on low value low end phones for emerging markets.
    As they should be! Let's face it if I was a company I would want to heavily focus on growth markets! They will thrive in the 3rd world...data compression to save money for consumers and carriers and network efficiency will have 3rd world countries throwing them selves at RIM...RIM is in a position to corner these markets! Profit...profit...profit..low cost very high margin...that should be a prime focus to fund r&d and other expensive initiatives rim currently under way!

PB is a MOBILE COMPUTER...dahm good thing they are heavily invested in it now...they are cornering the market with UNIVERSAL REACH.....you think the ipad2 is Rims's main competitor...think again...they are targeting laptop replacements! Ipad2 is not and never will be a mobile computer...think of the paridigm architecture of the two!!! PB is "POSIX certified" this thing will be running desktop programs in the future.....tablet os archtecture is targeting osx and windows on laptops as mobile replacements...wait and see!! Put this into perspective ...Tablet os is running full QNX neutrino.....QNX>OSX+Windows+android.......I

Rim will heavily focus behind the scenes development on not just high end phones.....but ULTRA high end hh's for 2012.....2012 will be a good year to catch people off of 2010 2 year contracts!

Rim is currently under a MASSIVE investment focus....they have to pentrate emerging markets to fund growth...brilliant busness model....RIM will dominate emerging markets and PROFIT HUGE!

They spent near 1billion dollars on R&D in 2010 this year will hold a very heavy amount of investing for the future...Apple had a 1.3 billion dollar R&D budget for 2010....put that into perpective they are 10 times the size.....the 5th element of RIM's acquisitions are affirming them as founding the best mobile software company moving forward! Look out!

Factor in the sum of the parts of RIM's acquistions and consider the sofware end of the company they are building...who comes close?

03-26-11 05:07 PM
    As they should be! Let's face it if I was a company I would want to heavily focus on growth markets! They will thrive in the 3rd world...data compression to save money for consumers and carriers and network efficiency will have 3rd world countries throwing them selves at RIM...RIM is in a position to corner these markets! Profit...profit...profit..low cost very high margin...that should be a prime focus to fund r&d and other expensive initiatives rim currently under way!

PB is a MOBILE COMPUTER...dahm good thing they are heavily invested in it now...they are cornering the market with UNIVERSAL REACH.....you think the ipad2 is Rims's main competitor...think again...they are targeting laptop replacements! Ipad2 is not and never will be a mobile computer...think of the paridigm architecture of the two!!! PB is "POSIX certified" this thing will be running desktop programs in the future.....tablet os archtecture is targeting osx and windows on laptops as mobile replacements...wait and see!! Put this into perspective ...Tablet os is running full QNX neutrino.....QNX>OSX+Windows+android.......I

Rim will heavily focus behind the scenes development on not just high end phones.....but ULTRA high end hh's for 2012.....2012 will be a good year to catch people off of 2010 2 year contracts!

Rim is currently under a MASSIVE investment focus....they have to pentrate emerging markets to fund growth...brilliant busness model....RIM will dominate emerging markets and PROFIT HUGE!

They spent near 1billion dollars on R&D in 2010 this year will hold a very heavy amount of investing for the future...Apple had a 1.3 billion dollar R&D budget for 2010....put that into perpective they are 10 times the size.....the 5th element of RIM's acquisitions are affirming them as founding the best mobile software company moving forward! Look out!

Factor in the sum of the parts of RIM's acquistions and consider the sofware end of the company they are building...who comes close?

Wow I like your optimistic perspective and enthusiasm. Good points but investors doesn't seem to think so. Not agreeing or disagreeing but hopefully RIM can get back on track for consumers to have more options rather than apple and Google.

03-26-11 05:11 PM
    This is probably a headline you won't see on CB's home page.

Lately, every other line on CB's home page seems to be just an ad for the playbook.

Off the NY Post today:
    Despite PlayBook tablet, RIM stock plunges - NYPOST.com

lol @ New York Post.
    03-26-11 05:24 PM
    Wow I like your optimistic perspective and enthusiasm. Good points but investors doesn't seem to think so. Not agreeing or disagreeing but hopefully RIM can get back on track for consumers to have more options rather than apple and Google.

Many investors are short term only...big sell off because many are in fear of RIM's massive investing ...which equates to a huge expense on the blance sheet..not good for short term returns on stock

However there are still many long term investors that will stay locked in and purchase a huge amount of stock to hold for the growth that comes in the second half of the year and 2012 which should be huge....

Best time as investor to purchase stock is when analysts have it on the "sell".....by the time they switch to buy..the stock will have appreciated 30%...rule of thumb..is when analysts hold a stock as "strong buy" is when I'm looking to sell...it stipulates that it will hit it's 52 week high shortly and receed shortly after that...

Buy when they say sell...and sell when they say "strong buy"...RIM has no long term debt and tonnes of cash...management had a large share buy back...not sure what the share buy back is this year...however I'm sure it will be present...won't speculate until I look into it!

03-26-11 05:26 PM
    Many investors are short term only...big sell off because many are in fear of RIM's massive investing ...which equates to a huge expense on the blance sheet..not good for short term returns on stock

However there are still many long term investors that will stay locked in and purchase a huge amount of stock to hold for the growth that comes in the second half of the year and 2012 which should be huge....

Best time as investor to purchase stock is when analysts have it on the "sell".....by the time they switch to buy..the stock will have appreciated 30%...rule of thumb..is when analysts hold a stock as "strong buy" is when I'm looking to sell...it stipulates that it will hit it's 52 week high shortly and receed shortly after that...

Buy when they say sell...and sell when they say "strong buy"...RIM has no long term debt and tonnes of cash...management had a large share buy back...not sure what the share buy back is this year...however I'm sure it will be present...won't speculate until I look into it!

Wow, somebody understands. Sad part is its just common sense. Nice job pointing this out and your informitive post earlier.
    I too think that 2012 might show a strong year for Rim. I really don't know where they are going with their hardware/software. I just don't see them going backwards nor do I see them just sitting still. The leaked Torch2 is promiseing a 1.4ghz cpu. What's going to be the complaint then? Look what the torch does with half the bandwith. We'll see and I'll be part of it. Lol.

03-26-11 05:49 PM
    I just used that analyst's line as an example that the new Smart phones are now in the $200 plus range and BB is chasing the low end of the market as they already have lost the high end.

If they are hoping that the Playbook and it's paltry 7 inch screen and lack of apps pops their stock up again it probably won't work as consumers compare the Playbook against a proven winner like the ipad and ipad 2 . . . I think their declining stock price over the last 5 quarters is already reflecting that they have already lost the battle against the newer Smart phones.

And their stock price is already factoring in that the Playbook is not even out but it's going to be a struggle to compete in the tablet market as ipad dumps 1 million ipad 2's on the market last week just to trip up the Playbook and Zooms releases and the demand for ipad 2's can't even be filled for another 4-5 weeks. Now that's just great marketing by Apple. I'm not even an Apple fan, but one can't fault them for their great marketing of their products.

It's really sad in my opinion, that Rim who once "owned" the smart phone market has a management team that does not have a clue as to what the consumers are looking for from the newer devices as our contracts end.

I'll probably get a Droid Bionic as I'm now out of contract. Just look how cool that Attrix 4G model is that one can plug it into the back of the optional laptop.
    Last week Droid announced most new models will have this option too. I hope the Bionic can be upgraded to this feature and then I can give the ipad2 to my Wife if the Bionic gets the needed files to stream Netflix.

"Paltry 7inch"??? I guess HTC is way off base with their Flyer tab too huh? And the G-Slate too because it's not as big as the iPad/2 or Xoom eh? Nonsense. There's plenty of room for 7" tabs whether they be from RIM or other manufacturers. There are pro's & con's to larger(9.7"+) & smaller form factors. Sorry to inform you, but there is no one size fits all in this market.

**News Flash** All tablets other than the iPad & iPad2 will struggle to a point to sell units. The Xoom is very much included. Apple currently owns the segment & it'll take a little time to penetrate their current stronghold. That's the advantage of being first to the market.

As for the Atrix and it's "cool" laptop dock, it's $499... Need I say more? $500? Absurd. It's a gimmick. If I have my handheld & my laptop both together, why am I going to use my slower phone to display anything on my faster laptop? Gimmick.

As for apps & the PB, it will have a decent amount at launch and more and more will come. The new Platform is great for development and will be recognized as such.
    03-26-11 05:54 PM
    Wow, somebody understands. Sad part is its just common sense. Nice job pointing this out and your informitive post earlier.
    I too think that 2012 might show a strong year for Rim. I really don't know where they are going with their hardware/software. I just don't see them going backwards nor do I see them just sitting still. The leaked Torch2 is promiseing a 1.4ghz cpu. What's going to be the complaint then? Look what the torch does with half the bandwith. We'll see and I'll be part of it. Lol.

You're very welcome....one thing many analysts just fail to realize is that NA carriers love RIM and their network tech! NA carriers want a strong RIM because it means more profit for them as their use of bandwidth saves on their infrastructure costs.

Just wait till this summer when tiered dats enters the US and unlimited data plans come into effect...what happens when RIM's competition gets caught witheir pants down on nework efficiency?

Many people will gravitate towards RIM and just as they introduce SUPER PHONES(QNX) to come on line in NA....many people will be caught in a jam when one or two weeks into their month.....they will hit their teired plan cap and be forced to spend more money.....RIM invested in compression years ago! They'll push that huge In the US in the future

03-26-11 05:59 PM
    "Paltry 7inch"??? I guess HTC is way off base with their Flyer tab too huh? And the G-Slate too because it's not as big as the iPad/2 or Xoom eh? Nonsense. There's plenty of room for 7" tabs whether they be from RIM or other manufacturers. There are pro's & con's to larger(9.7"+) & smaller for factors. Sorry to inform you, but there is no one size fits all in this market.

**News Flash** All tablets other than the iPad & iPad2 will struggle to a point to sell units. The Xoom is very much included. Apple currently owns the segment & it'll take a little time to penetrate their current stronghold. That's the advantage of being first to the market.

As for the Atrix and it's "cool" laptop dock, it's $499... Need I say more? $500? Absurd. It's a gimmick. If I have my handheld & my laptop both together, why am I going to use my slower phone to display anything on my faster laptop? Gimmick.

As for apps & the PB, it will have a decent amount at launch and more and more will come. The new Platform is great for development and will be recognized as such.
    What's your perogative on tiny hippo's?

I feel it's brilliant acquireing them! Most people will lean towards the notion RIM acquired them for their products.(Which they obviously did)

I for one see what's realy going on...RIM has full intentions to harness their depth of expertise and specialties to creat premier sdk's, emulators, simulators etc....hence they'll be the go to guy's to turn RIM's dev support resources and support(SOFTWARE for DEVS) to a point of being a turn key operation....forgive my disconected grammar ....for I am just awe struck at what's coming! Tiny Hippo's are gonna turn RIM's developer software support into the best in the busness! WOOHOO!

Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-26-11 at 06:11 PM.
    03-26-11 06:07 PM

Good luck with your Atrix - You better be prepared to carry a car battery with you! LOL
    03-26-11 06:11 PM
    You're very welcome....one thing many analysts just fail to realize is that NA carriers love RIM and their network tech! NA carriers want a strong RIM because it means more profit for them as their use of bandwidth saves on their infrastructure costs.

Just wait till this summer when tiered dats enters the US and unlimited data plans come into effect...what happens when RIM's competition gets caught witheir pants down on nework efficiency?

Many people will gravitate towards RIM and just as they introduce SUPER PHONES(QNX) to come on line in NA....many people will be caught in a jam when one or two weeks into their month.....they will hit their teired plan cap and be forced to spend more money.....RIM invested in compression years ago! They'll push that huge In the US in the future

Just to add they didn't just invest in compression yrs ago but everything the other platforms are doing now. 2 yrs ago iphones couldn't send or receive mms or use office docs. This was just base functions for a blackberry. So I guess we could say they haven't quit caught up with rim yet. Funny you mention the compression. Just last night I asked a co worker what was going to happen in a few months when everybody on vzm with iphones start saturating the bandwith with face time? I thought it was a good idea for att to limit face time to wifi.

03-26-11 06:23 PM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD