It's the colony planet where Data was found and created by Noonian Soong, and what did Lore tell Data the colonist used to call Soong on the episode "Brothers"?
    01-06-12 10:19 AM
    This is all true, and for this reason, I certainly would not complain if some flavor of BB7 were to stick around aslong as necessary just to continue to support full QWERTY phones. I must be one of he very few that's happy with BB7 and don't have a compelling need for QNX on a handheld, especially with it already on my tablet. But I'm sure at some point down the road they'll figure out how multiple form factors peacefully coexist on the same OS. Unless they get assimilated by the evil empire that is MS first. :O
    To make matters worse pretty much every app developed for the PlayBook is meant to be run in landscape mode...

I am very happy with OS 7 too and I believe it will be around for sometime until they can figure out how to incorporate BB10 into a qwerty. We might see a slider but I'm guessing it will be around the size of Torch. Any bigger than that will make using the keyboard really uncomfortable.
    01-06-12 10:24 AM
    If they can fix the 9930 bricking issue, i have no problem running os7.

Whith that being said id also have a galaxy nexus.
    01-06-12 10:28 AM
    It's the colony planet where Data was found and created by Noonian Soong, and what did Lore tell Data the colonist used to call Soong on the episode "Brothers"?
    Couldnt tell you that, but I was right about the rest haha
    01-06-12 10:32 AM
    If they can fix the 9930 bricking issue, i have no problem running os7.

Whith that being said id also have a galaxy nexus.
    To be honest I haven't had any issues with OS 7 but I do like what my S 2 can do and I am pretty decent with the virtual keyboard. If BlackBerry goes all touch I will still buy one of the devices because I just like buying these toys...
    01-06-12 10:54 AM
    Often Wrong, Soong.

Long time trekker.
    01-06-12 11:10 AM
    Keyboards are not going to work with BB10... Take a game like Need For Speed for example now imagine playing it on full touch device as opposed to a 9900 style device. Actually any app/game developed for optimal use in landscpae mode will be atrocious on a qwerty style device.

Some people love the idea of a keyboard as do I but it creates headaches for developers. What happens to the left corner swipe to bring up the virtual keyboard for example? The programming dynamics change when developing for a vastly different device.

Furthermore you make it seem like the keyboard is the only thing that BlackBerry has going for them... What about BIS/BES, Email and the works?
    I agree that the full touch experience is different from the qwerty experience. That's why I suggested the portrait slider approach. Qwerty for those who want it,virtual for those who don't. If forced to choose, I value the BB keyboard the most as it readily enables speedy,accurate message composition. If Need for Speed or video games were my top priority, I honestly probably would not still be with BB to begin with.

As far as BIS/BES, email and the works, the corporate world has the Citrix & "Good" products to allow for secure VPN connections on other platforms, consumer POP mail clients are platform agnostic and can push to any OS. A significant number of companies that formerly issued Blackberries to all their field based employees are now going the iOS route with iPhones and/or iPads. From a consumer perspective(at least in the US), there is not much that Blackberry offers that is truly unique (in a good way anyway) once you get past the BB loyalist segment.

I was initially excited when my 9930 updated OTA to allow WiFi hotspot (which should have been present at launch). Now my battery drains twice as fast in half be time, the OS is markedly slower, and for a feature (additional $30/month) that I will not be using anyway. I'm just trying to figure out the best OS to downgrade to. Instead of RIM playing catch up with the competition, they now want to throw away their best asset? If that weren't enough, the latest announced delay in BB10 devices means they will be launching either at the same time or after the next iPhone, so now in addition to competing devices, RIM will have to go head to head with Apple in marketing and promotion.
    01-06-12 03:28 PM
    I personnally agree for only one phone to start with (never taught i would agree with bgr.com) but if you think of it unusal behavior i a compagnie is I think better marketing then spending 5,000,000.00$ in a tv commercial that not even 1000 person would see.... they could use dat to get attention back on their phones and maybe make things easier for devloppers if they can make the same apps for the london and playbook
    01-06-12 07:28 PM
    Keyboards are not going to work with BB10...
    I don't agree with that but I do think that it would be smart of them to really concentrate on making a slate type phone that is going to knock people's socks off. The 9860 is nice but I wish the trackpad was the only physical button on it. While i'm at it they should put a fingerprint reader in the trackpad so you can unlock your phone with fingerprint.

Slab phones are pretty much the form-factor of today but their keyboard form factor looks great and is iconic. They will need to follow up with a successor to the 9900 and put it in Icon status.
    01-06-12 08:30 PM
    Rim did a good job with the 9900... Sadly the one bonus blackberry handsets had was the keyboard...now they might lose quite a few customers
    01-06-12 10:16 PM
    Rim did a good job with the 9900... Sadly the one bonus blackberry handsets had was the keyboard...now they might lose quite a few customers
    Not anymore than they are losing by not being able to compete with the premium Apple and Android touch screen phones which are now the norm in the smartphone industry.
    01-07-12 08:59 PM
    I am all for RIM cutting back to two forms such as the all touch and a Bold factor with the QWERTY KB. Will be easier to develop for and can focus on updates easier. I think it would be a great idea, but honestly don't see them doing that.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-07-12 09:10 PM
    Heh, bgr only amplifying on rumors which always change, becoming something else or improve.
    01-07-12 09:42 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD