Going back to the quote and trying to make some sense of it - was the intent to say that RIM previously announced there would be 5000 jobs lost and 3000 OF THOSE were upcoming? In other words, 3000 of the previously announced 5000, NOT 3000 in addition to the previously announced 5000? The above quote does say "reveal details of 3,000 jobs to be cut under a PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED restructuring plan"??????

Perhaps you should conduct a comprehension study group on CB.
    08-02-12 06:37 PM
    While this seems obvious.. and I hate to even have to point it out... it seems RIM employee's got an email from Thorsten today confirming there will not be 3,000 additional job cuts at RIM. Due to some outlets inaccurately reporting the info.. Quote "this is simply not true. The media has it wrong."
    Some outlets being led by the "Globe and Fail". Ou supposed National Newspaper. What a joke they are.
    madman0141 likes this.
    08-03-12 02:25 PM
    The REAL news is about 10 minutes long or 1-2 newspaper pages. The rest is known as filler or fiction. If you need to sell papers or get blog hits or whatever you make stuff up. It is everywhere in all publications.
    08-03-12 03:14 PM
    I am not following you here.

Then again I am not following all the handwringing happening in this thread.
    There was a member that just posted cantech spam on here and we canned him a couple months ago. nothing to do with this thread really.
    08-03-12 09:49 PM
    The article you quoted and almost every other article on this story made it clear
    that the 3,000 jobs being eliminated are a part of the originally announced 5000.

This thread is much ado about nothing. It is a poor indictment of the media which
    seems to be the currently "in thing" to do on CrackBerry lately.
    lol oh c'mon amazinglygraceless... i think you accepted an apology the media never even gave out. The fault is their's.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    08-03-12 11:10 PM
    I think what is happening is the remaining 3000 of the 5000 announced cuts are coming and that got twisted into an *additional* 3000 as in 8000 in total.
    08-04-12 06:40 PM
    I think what is happening is the remaining 3000 of the 5000 announced cuts are coming and that got twisted into an *additional* 3000 as in 8000 in total.
    Yes and no.

One more time: The media, which gets salmmed and sometimes deservedly, is not
    completely at fault for this. Most of the original reporting of this story went along
    these lines:

A separate report also suggested the ailing company is about to slash an additional 3,000 jobs.

Reports from publications across the country, including the Globe and Mail and Financial Post, reported late Wednesday that RIM has declined to confirm a report from online magazine Cantech Letter which says further workforce reductions will be revealed on August 13.

According to Cantech Letter, the cuts would be in addition to the 5,000 layoffs the company announced earlier this year.
    RIM to cut 3,000 jobs, close North American stores - report - Proactiveinvestors (NA)

Cantech was the source of this misinformation and EVERY news source of any merit
    made that plain in their reporting. Look it up if you feel I'm wrong

Given the vagueness of the OP, the almost universal disdain for the medias reporting
    when it comes to RIM it's easy to see why this thread became a media bash fest.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-04-12 at 07:31 PM.
    08-04-12 07:25 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD