They are way behind technology. Way behind google and apple. The software is still from 90's era. I just watched WES2010, what did they show? Nothing.. except OS 6.0 with that distracting music, 5 years too late...

I think it needs to be a US company.
    04-29-10 04:03 PM
    To fuel the fire or not.....hmm. Why do you think moving from Canada to the US would change anything?
    04-29-10 04:07 PM
    Well, I don't see what would change if RIM were an American company, but I'm always happy to see companies move in, rather than out. For that matter, it would be nice if they manufactured phones here. Then we could all proudly buy both the best phones and American phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 04:23 PM
    typical americans you want everyting to be yours lol
    04-29-10 04:27 PM
    I don't think their nationality has nothing to do with their slow progress look at HTC

04-29-10 04:27 PM
    RIM definitely is considered "behind" when it comes to their messaging system
    04-29-10 04:32 PM
    You're completely right, because we Canadians all still use windows 3.1, watch CRT TV's and use VCR's. Someone get Balsillie on the phone right away, RIMs problems have just been solved! I'm just glad my 28k modem could connect to this website so I can bask in the genius of slingxshot.
    04-29-10 04:34 PM
    Canadians in general are just slowwwww lol they remind me of Australians when I travel.. just to laid back.... they need a kick in the as* to keep moving lol!!
    04-29-10 04:46 PM
    RIM definitely is considered "behind" when it comes to their messaging system
    If you used the global standard for phone technology and a phone which wasn't constrained by the demands of a micromanaging and restrictive carrier you might change your mind about that.

Oh wait... all the main american networks have one major disadvantage or another. CDMA can't do concurrent voice and data. AT&T is crippled by undercapacity and iPhone mania. TMo has non-standard frequencies for 3G that don't work anywhere else ... need I go on?

Maybe you should leave USA and move out into the free world where RIM phones are able to perform as designed instead of moving RIM to USA so it is crippled for the rest of the world.
    04-29-10 04:47 PM
    They are way behind technology. Way behind google and apple. The software is still from 90's era. I just watched WES2010, what did they show? Nothing.. except OS 6.0 with that distracting music, 5 years too late...

Haha u selfish Americans can't stand good company's outside of ur country yet have many problems in your country like health care and recession. Btw a company's progress won't change if it moves to a different location. See we Canadians don't complain about everything a company is lacking when their trying their best to improve and satisfy their customers. That's what a competition is for. I'm happy to be a Canadian because we know how to appreciate good things when they come. And even if they don't we don't complain and wine like that specific company will make a sudden improvement in that product or the Company itself instantly. If u don't like Company and their products, u don't sit around and complain about it for ever. No one is forcing u to stay with them in this case RIM :s

Btw that's the dumb Americans that make America look bad like this poster

Last edited by luqman24; 04-29-10 at 05:05 PM.
    04-29-10 04:49 PM
    This is a waste of a thread. EPIC FAIL. Thats like saying Mercedes needs to be American. Or Sony. Etc.....Shut this down.....
    04-29-10 04:52 PM
    RIM will still be around when Google and Apple phones have faded away.

Nuff said!
    04-29-10 04:52 PM
    ...I think it needs to be a US company.

04-29-10 04:54 PM
    You're completely right, because we Canadians all still use windows 3.1, watch CRT TV's and use VCR's. Someone get Balsillie on the phone right away, RIMs problems have just been solved! I'm just glad my 28k modem could connect to this website so I can bask in the genius of slingxshot.
    You have a 28k modem in your igloo? I had to use morse code and smoke signals to get this message to a polar bear to put up for me!

If RIM was American, it would just tank faster because then everyone would have ANOTHER reason to hate on it.

And CB Brandon, thank you! That's probably the best, least "I'm trying to pick a fight" post I've seen you make. Seriously, +10 rep for you man.
    04-29-10 05:09 PM
    ignorant is no way to go about living, in case you havent noticed technology has no borders.
    04-29-10 05:12 PM

Put down your Canadian invented Blackberry and read a book.

By the way, you are also welcome for:

The Walkie-Talkie was invented by Alfred J. Gross (1941).
    The television camera was improved by F.C.P. Henroteau (1934).
    Amplitude modulation was invented by Reginald Fessenden in 1906.
    Standard time was introduced by Sir Sandford Fleming (1878).
    The Cesium Beam atomic clock was developed by National Research Council personnel in the 1960s.
    Java programming language was invented by James Gosling.
    The Pager was invented by Alfred J. Gross in 1949.
    The 56k modem was invented by Dr. Brent Townshend in 1996.

Oh - and this site too. Thank the Canadian head of it.
    04-29-10 05:20 PM
    I don't see eye to eye with RIM on many issues but this has to be the stupidest
    thread title I've ever read on here.
    04-29-10 05:26 PM
    I don't see eye to eye with RIM on many issues but this has to be the stupidest
    thread title I've ever read on here.
    No doubt.
    04-29-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD