Hi everyone,

With Huawei, Sony, and other companies having press events, when is it most likely for RIM to show off BlackBerry 10 to the public? Is there going to be a similar press event?

intoToday
    02-26-12 12:52 PM
    Probably BBW in May is when they will really show it off. Expect MWC to be NFC, Playbook, and explaining how BB10 will have all of the power of Playbook OS2, but be even better.
    02-26-12 01:45 PM
    In my experience, RIM/BB really never shows much at the MWC. Every year people predict what they expect to see, and express their disgruntlement afterwards. MWC hasn't been a big showcase for RIM in quite some time.

RIM prefers to throw their own galas.
    02-26-12 05:08 PM
    In my experience, RIM/BB really never shows much at the MWC. Every year people predict what they expect to see, and express their disgruntlement afterwards. MWC hasn't been a big showcase for RIM in quite some time.

RIM prefers to throw their own galas.
    This, RIM is historically quiet at MWC which in my honest opinion they should just quit going they never announce anything worth a damn.

HTC looks to be on point this year with the One series, Sony is coming out strong and Huawei is a surprise contender this year.

What you see here at MWC will be the benchmark for the year besides whatever Apple drops. This is what RIM needs to be aiming for, and anything less means absolute certain failure.
    02-26-12 06:10 PM
    I think RIM should put a news page on their website.

Not a blog, but an easy to view, in your face, BlackBerry news page.

They have the blog Inside Blackberry but it's not on the home page and it's not that great
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-26-12 at 06:55 PM.
    02-26-12 06:43 PM
    They have the BlackBerry Community, you can always visit there for news/questions/rumours.
    02-26-12 06:45 PM
    RIM's hosting a Developer Day at MWC this year. Also expect to see what's going on with JayCut and NewBay...the newer acquisitions we haven't really heard about.
    02-26-12 06:51 PM
    They have the BlackBerry Community, you can always visit there for news/questions/rumours.

I do visit BlackBerry Community but they could make the experience much cooler and more straightforward.

I would love to go to blackberry.com, click on a box at the bottom and go to some fun newspaper-like page that's all about BlackBerry
    02-26-12 06:58 PM
    That does sound like a good idea! I just think they do not want to make it easy for us...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 07:01 PM
    Appears that there is some buz around the RIM booth:

RIM: Surprising Interest at Mobile World Congress, Says Citi
    By Tiernan Ray

Citigroup telecom analyst Jim Suva this afternoon offers his takeaways from meetings at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona the past couple of days, including hope for Research in Motion (RIMM), Motorola Mobility (MMI), and Brightpoint (CELL).

Although “near-term fundamentals are at risk and estimates are too high” for RIM, whose shares he rates a Sell, nevertheless, Suva observes that “We met with several carriers including those in emerging markets and most cited slowing Blackberry sales but a keen interest for the company’s new BB10/QNX phones to launch in 2HCY12,” adding, “We were very surprised at the investor interest at the Blackberry booth.”

RIM: Surprising Interest at Mobile World Congress, Says Citi - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    02-29-12 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD