When Steve said "we want to invest in RIM" -- the BBW2011 came out with the conclusion that Microsoft will be the default search + mapping system.

I am wondering, what are we expected to see from this relationship?

Anyone has any insight on their potential? I mean to what extend would they be willing to "invest" in RIM when they've just signed with Nokia.

Search + Map is certainly not enough to justify all the hype.

Thoughts anyone?
    05-08-11 01:11 PM
    I always thought they were "in bed together" ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 03:31 PM
    When I saw that RIM was using the Dalvik.system as their sandbox engine I thought wow this is a good thing. When I saw 1.2 ghrz processors and captive touch screens I though this might be enough to sway me back. When they announced MS and RIM doing their joint venture i said no way I. H3ll would I come back. I don't want to be restricted to that low of a choice.

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    05-08-11 06:22 PM
    Maybe it's more because of the Office 365 cloud based office + BES that's got the two companies announcing a joint relationship.

I'm not sure if you've used Office 365 at all, it's a paid cloud based SharePoint/Office solution for pretty much any sized business. It's very cool... and they are adding BES support soon at no additional cost. Maybe this is part of Microsofts way of "investing uniquely in RIM".
    05-08-11 10:48 PM
    Worldwide nokia is the king. Trying to team up in small areas and move toward the giant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD