This is not a troll thread.

I just wanted to share my experience and opinion. I recently switch to the Galaxy Nexus from a Bold 9930. I must say the phone experience is night and day. The level of customization is great, compared to the Bold. Lets face it, apps are a factor now. When it comes to quality apps and widgets, BlackBerry is behind. Unfortunately. OS wise, I think BB is the most solid. But RIM is in business.... to make money. I don't see how they ignored the general population of consumers that are going to their competitors for so long.

Just NextFlix, Skype , Widgets, and level of customized ROMs are what really peaked my interest to Android. (I don't like Apple really) That's where RIM slacked off. The OS is just boring, who wants to look at the same icons and set up for a 2 yr period while on contract?( this is something the average consumer thinks to themselves)

Too many devices.. When was the last time you saw the All Touch BlackBerry featured on Crackberry? Not good... What RIM needs to focus on, is just 2 phones. All touch, and physical keyboard. That's it! They need to look sweet, sexy and luxurious. Apple has a lot of supporters because the iphone is one device form factor. That leads to massive money to be made from independent and in-house accessories. Every where I go to shop, they have iphone cases, docks, skins ect ect... People are making a living off of Apple products through kiosk an retail brick and motor stores.

To be honest, I'm thinking of selling my Playbook for an ICS Tab. Again, JUST because the points that peaked my interest. I really don't want to. But I'm being forced. Since I got my Galaxy Nexus, I rarely use my PB, which always stayed glued to my hands. If RIM could make a phone with the same ability as Android ICS, security and intuitiveness of Blackberry it'll be a sure winner and a potential front runner. But for now, RIM is still behind.. Im afraid that when RIM does get it right, they'll be too late for the party.
    04-17-12 07:54 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

This would have been the place to post this if you just wanted to share your opinion and didn't want to start a thread that is just asking for arguments about your opinion vs the needs of everyone else in the world
    04-17-12 07:57 PM
    This is not a troll thread.

I just wanted to share my experience and opinion. I recently switch to the Galaxy Nexus from a Bold 9930. I must say the phone experience is night and day. The level of customization is great, compared to the Bold. Lets face it, apps are a factor now. When it comes to quality apps and widgets, BlackBerry is behind. Unfortunately. OS wise, I think BB is the most solid. But RIM is in business.... to make money. I don't see how they ignored the general population of consumers that are going to their competitors for so long.

Just NextFlix, Skype , Widgets, and level of customized ROMs are what really peaked my interest to Android. (I don't like Apple really) That's where RIM slacked off. The OS is just boring, who wants to look at the same icons and set up for a 2 yr period while on contract?( this is something the average consumer thinks to themselves)

Too many devices.. When was the last time you saw the All Touch BlackBerry featured on Crackberry? Not good... What RIM needs to focus on, is just 2 phones. All touch, and physical keyboard. That's it! They need to look sweet, sexy and luxurious. Apple has a lot of supporters because the iphone is one device form factor. That leads to massive money to be made from independent and in-house accessories. Every where I go to shop, they have iphone cases, docks, skins ect ect... People are making a living off of Apple products through kiosk an retail brick and motor stores.

To be honest, I'm thinking of selling my Playbook for an ICS Tab. Again, JUST because the points that peaked my interest. I really don't want to. But I'm being forced. Since I got my Galaxy Nexus, I rarely use my PB, which always stayed glued to my hands. If RIM could make a phone with the same ability as Android ICS, security and intuitiveness of Blackberry it'll be a sure winner and a potential front runner. But for now, RIM is still behind.. Im afraid that when RIM does get it right, they'll be too late for the party.
    to be honest I am about to quit this forum because of all these negative posts. I will keep my pb and bb though.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-17-12 07:58 PM
    Really? You couldn't find another post to join in the discussion.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    04-17-12 07:58 PM
    Most threads that start out with statements such as "this is not a xxxxx thread" usually are.
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-17-12 08:00 PM
    The narcissistic urge for everyone to start a new thread as to their reasons for buying another device or their questionable rationale as to why RIM is toast is really, really quite tiresome.
    04-17-12 08:02 PM
    Wow. This is an informative thread.
    04-17-12 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD