Yes, too many. IMO, the Tour shouldn't even exist. There should be the Bold 9700, the Curve 8900, The Storm, and the Pearl Flip...each in two flavors...GSM and CDMA. Then they can concentrate on making the four devices work right instead of having 18 (I know, not really, but...) options that don't.
    11-06-09 04:59 PM
    Yup way too many devices, and most of them looking exactly the same with minor differences, for example take a look at the 8900, 9630, 8700 and that new tour coming out. Other than the buttons, trackpad and company logo on it, everything else is basically the same especially with the 9700 and the new tour. I think RIM needs to stop making minor improvements on each, take a break and make a huge difference on 1 phone. and work from there.
    Yup! And get the quality right!

My phone has been flawless, but the laundry list of defects with the Storm and Tour is unacceptable and ridiculous.

Blackberry used to be a high end product you could depend upon. Now... it's like a Wal-Mart product.
    11-06-09 05:28 PM
    Overall rim phones are still better at the end of the day , then all the other junk out in the market. in my opinion anyways
    11-06-09 09:10 PM
    Yup...... too many of the same devices
    11-06-09 11:32 PM
    I think they are making too many devices, but I guess RIM is just trying to please the carriers. Its a blackberry Buffet everyone!! RIM has my full support.
    11-07-09 09:32 AM
    There needs to be some change. They can make devices as nuch as they want as long as they are making improvments along the way. Where is our facebook chat? Where is our flash browser? There needs to be a big change at RIM if they expect to be ahead of the smartphone game

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 11:58 AM
    Yup! And get the quality right!

My phone has been flawless, but the laundry list of defects with the Storm and Tour is unacceptable and ridiculous.

Blackberry used to be a high end product you could depend upon. Now... it's like a Wal-Mart product.
    I know others have claimed they have defective Storms but mine isn't one of those. The new OS 5 (official) has improved the performance (flick scrolling, longer battery life, faster loading of apps, etc.) but everything worked before. People tend to voice their problems rather than what is working. I wonder just how many Storms and Tours are "bad."
    How many would anyone care to guess? 100? 1000? 10,000? If it is the latter then that would be a mere 1% of the first two months of Storm sales, much less of the total sales.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 11-07-09 at 03:50 PM.
    11-07-09 03:42 PM
    Currently, it's not because they're making money.

In the long run, yes. Everyone has new mobile OSes (MS is working on theirs) and whether RIM is working on one now, they could be putting more workers towards the new OS if they weren't dropping and supporting so many devices.
    11-07-09 03:47 PM
    Most of the devises look the same really, offer something different, IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 05:28 PM
    With the 1000+ threads popping up constantly with all the people giving their $2.50 worth on what they consider issues, I just wanted to chime in here and say that most of you make the baby Jebus cry. Really.

If you're not happy, move on and find something other to do than complain. In the end if you chose the wrong device it's your fault. Period. No one else is to blame.
    11-07-09 05:59 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD