I smell a buyout! Someone out there is going to snap these guys up now that their share prices are about as low as you can get. I doubt anyone would wait till Rim is a nickel share.
    So who is going to snap these guys up? Microsoft maybe?
    06-28-12 10:05 PM
    The Canadian government has to give its approval. Not that simple.
    Canada government wishes RIM well, won't speculate on takeover | Reuters
    06-28-12 10:08 PM
    RIM sold 7.8 million, Google is activating 1 million Android handsets...A DAY!?!?!!
    Shlooky likes this.
    06-28-12 10:15 PM
    I'm not disappointed because I'm a consumer who supports research in motion. I bought this 9900 because I support them. When the next one comes out, I'll buy that too, and use it. The 9900 will be the backup blackberry should anything happen to the new one. I'm a very very patient man when it comes to technology or anything being released. I'm not hyped up, I may get real excited allot, but I'll calm down and know for real, that time is money, and it takes time to develop, perfect and ensure that software works with the hardware, that it's not glitched or buggy.

So yeah, RIM doesn't look like they're in trouble at all. People just need to relax and trolls need to lay off supporters and loyal users/abusers alike.

If you don't like it, don't buy or use it. Buy don't bother others if they like what you don't.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-28-12 11:01 PM
    So yeah, RIM doesn't look like they're in trouble at all.
    I assume you're being sarcastic?
    06-28-12 11:04 PM
    I assume you're being sarcastic?
    Half and half. The investers and shareholders are going to be mad as , but consumers, nope.
    06-28-12 11:05 PM
    So yeah, RIM doesn't look like they're in trouble at all.
    No--no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.
    kennyliu and kingest_kong like this.
    06-28-12 11:12 PM
    The Canadian government has to give its approval. Not that simple.
    Canada government wishes RIM well, won't speculate on takeover | Reuters
    RIM Bailout? Jim Flaherty Says No Way
    06-28-12 11:14 PM
    Ouch. Q1 2013. Not good.

And only 7.8 million device shipped. That's quite the fall.
    The delay is bad enough (and I can't say I'm that surprised since they've never met a deadline),but delays happen.

I think the number of devices shipped will fall even further, they will drop like lead. But the worst thing (at least to me) is that they must have known the devices would not meet the deadline of this year and yet they let people go on stupidly believing they would be. There may be all sorts of excuses for it but it's still mind-boggling.
    I recall anyone who said otherwise was squelched, yet they were right after all. Other companies don't seem to have a problem releasing things on time. But there seems to be something fundamentally wrong at RIM that they cannot.
    06-28-12 11:34 PM
    So...can we start calling BB10 vaporware now?

I saw this on BNN as I was leaving work, and I actually gasped. Then I wondered why I was surprised. Just more of the same for RIM, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
    06-28-12 11:58 PM

So yeah, RIM doesn't look like they're in trouble at all

kennyliu, JeepBB, brucep1 and 2 others like this.
    06-29-12 12:30 AM
    Wrong picture. The head should be in a different location
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    06-29-12 12:33 AM
    If RIM didn't fake the BB10 advertisment, where it is now? It seems to me that this device is its on final form and probably need only a little make-up and then mass production... that is why the advertisement is launched i.e. it is supposedly around the corner... but if you will advertise a product that is going to be available in 6 to 9 months time, that is science fiction...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    06-29-12 12:34 AM
    "We now expect the first BlackBerry 10 commercial launches to occur in the first quarter of calendar 2013 on a global scale."

Nobody seems to have mentioned this "availability on a global scale". It seems to indicate BB10 is closer to mass production than otherwise reported in the media.
    06-29-12 12:39 AM
    This feels like devcon 2011 all over again. so disappointed.
    06-29-12 02:21 AM
    This feels like devcon 2011 all over again. so disappointed.
    Agreed.

RIM probably needs to PAY devs to attend BB Jam Americas in Sept.
    06-29-12 02:46 AM
    This looks bad... very bad! RIM is a confused company at this point and the pressure is killing it.

I just don't see them coming back from this. Their only hope has practically vanished. Releasing the L phone in September was going to go a long way in repairing an already difficult to repair reputation but missing that and waiting for 2013 is simply suicidal at best.

I was waiting for the N phone, fortunately for me it was slated for Q1 next year so I am not losing out on anything but RIM is dead as of this set back.

I just don't see a way back for them anymore. Sad but also pathetic when you consider how confident they were about the launch happening this year.

RIP RIM!
    06-29-12 03:35 AM
    "We now expect the first BlackBerry 10 commercial launches to occur in the first quarter of calendar 2013 on a global scale."

Nobody seems to have mentioned this "availability on a global scale". It seems to indicate BB10 is closer to mass production than otherwise reported in the media.
    Seriously?

Is this an attempt to lessen the blow? Because it doesn't work.

It doesn't matter if it's available to only 1 country or EVERY country. The problem is BB10 is nowhere near ready and will be available in at least 1 year from now, but realistically it'll probably never see the light of day.

RIM is dead.
    06-29-12 04:47 AM
    I believe that postponing BB10 will be the end of RIM for sure. Unless they revise it back to this year or someone steps up and takes them over you're going to see people leaving like rats on a sinking ship.

I'm locked in until 12/2013 unless I want to pay the ETF. So I have time to watch but it will also give me that time to look at everything else, except iCrap.
    06-29-12 05:39 AM
    MSNBC yesterday as this was all happening said that RIM will not survive and compared them to G.M. when they claimed that Japanese cars were not a threat. They said that since Blackberry 10 is aimed at high end devices, their overseas operations which rely on low end devices would fade.
    I was reading this morning that the loss was .99 a share, not .37 with a 518 million dollar loss. That means they have roughly 3 quarters of cash left if losses remain steady.

RIM posts dismal earnings, delays BlackBerry 10 operating system - Fortune Tech

"For the first BlackBerry 10 device to win the attention of customers and developer at its new launch date it will have to prove itself better than the alternatives by leaps and bounds — the likelihood of that is very, very low," Charles Golvin, an analyst with Forrester Research, wrote on Thursday.

But on the call with investors on Thursday, RIM executives insisted that BlackBerry 10 would be a viable competitor and create "long-term stakeholder value." In parallel with development of the new mobile platform, RIM is also looking into other strategic options. Last month, the company announced it had engaged JPMorgan (JPM) and RBC Capital to "review" its options, which could include forging new partnerships or breaking up the company. Investors had hoped to hear more details on what a new, strategic direction of the company could look like, but they got nothing on Thursday's earnings call. All Heins would say is that RIM is looking into everything from continuing with its existing "standalone" strategy to "whatever other model you could think about."

While RIM evaluates options, sales of BlackBerries are slowing. And it's not just consumers that are abandoning RIM's QWERTY devices in favor of iPhones and Android smartphones. A growing number of corporate customers are ditching RIM for so-called "bring your own device" programs that let employees use their smartphone of choice at work. RIM's net subscriber base grew last quarter, but it is bleeding customers in North America -- a crucial market in which the company rakes in a higher revenue per user, otherwise known as ARPU.
    06-29-12 05:56 AM
    I feel very sad for 1st, RIM employees and thier families, who many still may face lay offs because of this delay, 2nd, The great people of Canada, Who to them, RIM is obiviously a pride of Canadian technology (Being born & raised in Detroit, Motor City, home of the big three auto companies, and seeing thru my lifetime, the good and terrible times of a once proud gem of Detroit suffering) and 3rd, My buddies over at The BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI. A great staff of salespeople, whom now they have to hang on and try pushing the OS 7 devices and pray they won't close shop before Q1 2013. And lastly, of course, US! the consumers who've had loyalty in the face of ridicule and bemusement from Apple & Android users who mock us and make fun of our still owning a BlackBerry ("Damn! They even still make BlackBerrys'?" mocked a fellow employee at my company last October) For me, the delay really isn't an issue (My upgrade isn't due from Sprint until June 2013, So by then, HOPEFULLY? I will be able to try out the OS10 N-Series full size qwerty keyboard device and make my decision then) With RIMM stock at an all-time low, company moral surely in a quantry, and consumer confidence at a low point, I can't or won't kick a company when they're this far down. Yes I have been VERY opinionated and critical of RIM, but It's called "Tough Love" For all the above mentioned I sincerly hope things have a brighter outlook come April/May/June of 2013.
    OniBerry likes this.
    06-29-12 06:19 AM
    The only way they can stop the bleeding in North America is to promise full credit on an OS7 phone exchange to a BB10 phone when it comes out.
    Under normal six to eight months of a new release, and let's even up that to 10 Months for an entirely new revamped platform, I'd disagree. But you make a very sailient point. NO new RIM device for at least until April/May or even June of 2013? To show good faith and appriciation for the owners and possible OS10 buyers (If? RIM held to it's word about a Oct/Nov 2012 release) I totally agree! It would be a fantastic marketing move for RIM to have a "We're sorry for the delay, and to prove it, anyone who has a Very good working OS7 device WILL get a full no charge exchange for any L-Series or N-Series OS10 device for the 1st six months of thier release. (taxes & activation NOT included) It would really make a statement that RIM DOES want thier current customers business and a great marketing move. Thorstin, are you taking notes? The Crackberry people have spoken...Do the right thing here and make it happen..."Let's Rock And Roll This!"
    06-29-12 07:12 AM
    Made CNN's front page this morning.
    06-29-12 07:15 AM
    I'm not disappointed because I'm a consumer who supports research in motion. I bought this 9900 because I support them. When the next one comes out, I'll buy that too, and use it. The 9900 will be the backup blackberry should anything happen to the new one. I'm a very very patient man when it comes to technology or anything being released. I'm not hyped up, I may get real excited allot, but I'll calm down and know for real, that time is money, and it takes time to develop, perfect and ensure that software works with the hardware, that it's not glitched or buggy.

So yeah, RIM doesn't look like they're in trouble at all. People just need to relax and trolls need to lay off supporters and loyal users/abusers alike.

If you don't like it, don't buy or use it. Buy don't bother others if they like what you don't.

So you'll buy any product that comes out, no matter how terrible, incomplete or unsupported as long as it has a blackberry logo on it? Good to know. And we call Apple users sheep.

And don't worry, you're about to see what happens when "if you don't like it don't buy it" gets taken to its logical conclusion. Hint: it looks a lot like two more quarters of declining sales, reduced market share and freefalling stock price.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 07:19 AM

yeah, time is money, save your time for bb10, i'm sure you'll be a billionaire by then..
    06-29-12 07:30 AM
194 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD