With AT&T worshiping at the alter of Steve Jobs and IPhone, and VZW joining up with Google and Motorola to create a Droid to assimilate us all, is that about all she wrote for RIM?

I have had my Storm 1 since launch date,(still the original never returned, never replaced) and have been playing computer engineer ever since to get it work properly. The latest 5.0.0.328 being the latest attempt at such a feet. While there is some satisfaction in fixing your phone yourself...RIM doesn't pay me to do that.

So with what devices we have heard of on the horizon from RIM, it does seem they have any plans to drop a game changing device such as the Iphone or Droid. Having said that, is RIM's time just about up....?

11/6/09-The day the Droid dropped....or the day RIM died?
    11-07-09 12:51 PM
    i played with the droid today..i am sticking with my storm.as a matter of fact i also tried the storm 2..and i am still sticking with my 1 storm..the pull out keyboard on the droid feels like a cheap piece of junk and it sucks to type on.the phone itself is pretty ugly and see no reason to dump my storm that although is not perfect ( but there is no perfect smart phone) is still better than the droid..as far as the storm 2 the clicking was also bad ,much harder to push and the phone is almost the same.i also checked out a few other so called better storm phones..and guess what,i am sticking to my storm 1. congrats to the 2009 world champion new york yankees d;O)
    11-07-09 12:59 PM
    With AT&T worshiping at the alter of Steve Jobs and IPhone, and VZW joining up with Google and Motorola to create a Droid to assimilate us all, is that about all she wrote for RIM?
    LOL. Funny.

Last time I checked, the BlackBerry was still the best-selling smart phone. Sure Apple and others have made advances. That happens when you add competitors into a market essentially dominated by one company (RIM).

If you told me that you would give me a FREE Apple iToy or that I'd have to pay full retail for a BlackBerry, I'd pay the full retail for the BlackBerry.

Let's also not forget that most corporate IT departments are very nervous about the iToy because of its lack of security. This is not the case with RIM.

Forbes Magazine recently did a big write up on the battle between RIM and Apple. Their conclusion was that RIM would win. I agree with them.
    11-07-09 02:24 PM
    Yeah, you have to consider the BUSINESS market, not just consumers. If you are just looking at the consumer market, then yes, there is certainly a lot of competition there and people have a lot to choose from. However, the business market isn't so easily swayed. Companies buy up whole lots of these phones and tend to stick with what's tried and true.

The iPhone, as much as Apple would like to believe, is just not suited for business like the Blackberry is. on the iPhone, yeah you can take little pictures of your receipts and find restaurants and track your flight...but the security stinks and the email is no where near Blackberry's.
    11-07-09 02:35 PM
    3rd topic like this? Wow. I guess the search button is defective.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 02:40 PM
    3rd topic like this? Wow. I guess the search button is defective.

+1, and I believe that the word the OP is struggling with in his/her thread title is "borrowed." FWIW.
    11-07-09 02:42 PM
    11-07-09 03:49 PM
    This is getting old
    The kids in Cupertino must be bored these days.
    11-07-09 03:51 PM
    Even more annoying than people not using the search, is people telling me that I didn't. I did search, didn't like their topics, chose my own title and thread.

Don't like it, don't read, don't comment.

*however sorry about the typo*
    11-07-09 03:56 PM
    Please switch to a another device , if you are not happy with RIM... a happy blackberry user like I , does not want to hear ********.
    11-07-09 03:59 PM
    Don't comment? How else to I increase my thread count?

To be relevent, no borrowed time for RIM, they'll be fine.

11-07-09 04:00 PM
    I am happy with my Storm 1 and new 5.0.0.328 just curious about what people are thinking.

Artemis is right about the buisness market. I guess there is always that.
    11-07-09 04:08 PM
    11-07-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD