Ya'll are ignoring a couple key differences between the 9700 and 9550. The touchscreen and accelerometer.
    I usually understand and agree to your posts, but this time you lost me.

The 9800 has those features and apart from 512mb of mem, it was pretty much a slider Storm... No?
    02-15-12 06:46 AM
    I usually understand and agree to your posts, but this time you lost me.

The 9800 has those features and apart from 512mb of mem, it was pretty much a slider Storm... No?

That might make all the difference in the world.
    02-15-12 07:30 AM

That might make all the difference in the world.
    Yeah, but then again: 9700.

I still would like to understand it better. I hope you know I'm not trolling, RIM's argument was never clear on why some devices got 6 and some didn't. I personally could only find one thing setting the bar: a 524mhz+ processor. No device with less than that got OS6.
    02-15-12 08:06 AM
    Yeah, but then again: 9700.

I still would like to understand it better. I hope you know I'm not trolling, RIM's argument was never clear on why some devices got 6 and some didn't. I personally could only find one thing setting the bar: a 524mhz+ processor. No device with less than that got OS6.
    Far from trolling! I like the debate, though the "RIM is holding out on us just so we'll buy a new phone" attitude of some I find odd. RIM knows they're ticking off it's customers, and being from Canada has to be keenly aware of the 3 year contracts offered there.

The think they stated separated OSicks devices was the trackpad. Nothing with a ball got to play. In detail to the 9700/9550 comparison, there's a lot of software and CPU required to run the touchscreen/accelerometer on the Storm, that the 9700 didn't have. In my ever so humble opinion, that was what held back the Storm receiving OSicks, not an evil plan.

I'll bet the 9650/9780 statistically could run OS7, but if it was capable of booting fully, the experience would be so bad, no one would want to. At some point hardware reaches a limit, just like it does with PCs. I spend enough time watching the timer spin now.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-15-12 08:24 AM
    +1 for OS 5 and the bold 9700.
    02-15-12 08:25 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD