I am talking about the 9650. I was assuming you knew that as the title of the thread was referencing the 2 new phones... And while your GB's are at a fixed amount, I have unlimited as I can swap my sd card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was talking about BBs in general, if you read my first statement correctly. Congrats on the memory card. The 32GB iPhone can easily hold 5000 songs and 100+ apps without one.
    04-26-10 08:23 PM
    I was talking about BBs in general, if you read my first statement correctly. Congrats on the memory card. The 32GB iPhone can easily hold 5000 songs and 100+ apps without one.
    Ahh... but, can you swap it out for yet another 32GB?
    04-26-10 08:30 PM
    And if you read MY reply, I was talking about a specific BB as you said the changes were trivial. Thanks I appreciate it
    04-26-10 08:31 PM
    Ahh... but, can you swap it out for yet another 32GB?
    And how many people honestly have two 32gb cards, lets be realistic here.

And for that point its moot if the 4th gen iphone ups it to 64gb.
    04-26-10 08:58 PM
    And how many people honestly have two 32gb cards, lets be realistic here.

And for that point its moot if the 4th gen iphone ups it to 64gb.
    I dont have any 32gb cards. But I do have 5 16gb cards as they are cheap. So its a moot point if the 4th gen iPhone ups it to a 64gb.
    04-26-10 09:03 PM
    I was hoping they were going to un-*** with the announcement of the storm III. Guess not.

04-26-10 10:20 PM
    i wanna see the storm 3 announced this week,
    04-26-10 10:31 PM
    As much as I dislike that Suretype keyboard, that is a nice looking phone. The 9650 will be nice to keep the high end phones on both standards similar. I'm still holding out hope that they will show the Slider or at least leak something.

BTW, Why do certain people have to turn EVERY thread into iPhone Rulez! and/or BB Sucks? We can't just discuss a simple news blurb without grinding on the same old stuff?
    04-26-10 10:53 PM
    As much as I dislike that Suretype keyboard, that is a nice looking phone. The 9650 will be nice to keep the high end phones on both standards similar. I'm still holding out hope that they will show the Slider or at least leak something.

BTW, Why do certain people have to turn EVERY thread into iPhone Rulez! and/or BB Sucks? We can't just discuss a simple news blurb without grinding on the same old stuff?
    Its nice that theyre finally standardizing the high end models to essentially the same, but this is what the Tour should have been.

The 9700 only came out 3 months after the Tour and now all this 9650 phone does is essentially match the 9700, which will be replaced on GSM probably in the next few months here, putting CDMA behind again.

Its late to the party and a incremental upgrade that should have been there in the first place 9 months ago to match the 9700 at release.
    04-27-10 01:48 AM
    04-27-10 02:09 AM
    Its nice that theyre finally standardizing the high end models to essentially the same, but this is what the Tour should have been.

The 9700 only came out 3 months after the Tour and now all this 9650 phone does is essentially match the 9700, which will be replaced on GSM probably in the next few months here, putting CDMA behind again.

Its late to the party and a incremental upgrade that should have been there in the first place 9 months ago to match the 9700 at release.
    coz most of service providers around the world are GSM... so it makes sense that rim would concentrate on devices that will work for the vast majority? rather than just the US? they want to make more money, i guess..lol
    04-27-10 03:58 AM
    The design of the tour probably wasn't anything to do with rim concentrating on gsm carriers, more likely it was down to the timing of when verizon wanted to release it i.e. they wanted it out so there was a decent gap between it and the storm 2, whereas the 9700 came out at the same time as the storm 2.

Some features of the tour will be down to the carrier's requirements and some will have been due to that timing e.g. the earliest leaks of what became the 9700 had a trackball so clearly the tour came a little too early to get one of those and as far as wifi, verizon was never a big fan of that in the past.
    04-27-10 05:38 AM
    I think if we're lucky, we'll see the 9800 slider announced for Q3. I don't see anything else (other than more news about OS 6.0) coming out. Otherwise there would have been a bit more leakage about whatever it was. I'll be blown away if RIM announces the Dakota.
    04-27-10 06:33 AM
    I dont have any 32gb cards. But I do have 5 16gb cards as they are cheap. So its a moot point if the 4th gen iPhone ups it to a 64gb.
    Yes except for the fact that you need to carry around all 5 cards while the iPhone has built in 64GB. And that 64GB is for everything, not just media. So you can have more memory, but I'd rather not carry around anything like that. But it's all a personal preference anyways.
    04-27-10 11:32 AM
    I'm gonna get a 32GB card soon enough for my phone.
    04-27-10 01:55 PM
    The 9650 likely has the same processor as the Pearl 2 (and 9700) of 624mhz.
    I can't see that happening, as the 624 MHz processor is GSM. The 9650 has a QualComm CDMA processor. We don't know yet whether or not the 9650 got a processor upgrade from the 528 MHz processor in the 9630, but if it did (unlikely), my guess is that is will be something other than 624 MHz.

04-27-10 02:14 PM
    Yes except for the fact that you need to carry around all 5 cards while the iPhone has built in 64GB. And that 64GB is for everything, not just media. So you can have more memory, but I'd rather not carry around anything like that. But it's all a personal preference anyways.
    And how does this relate to the topic? It's great that you like your phone but we are trying to discuss Blackberry News & Rumors. Quit shoving the iphone into every conversation...
    04-27-10 02:31 PM
    Not trying to 'shove iphone' into this conversation, however what has been said is the naked truth: BlackBerry smartphones are still limited on memory. With 512MB of Application Memory in the Bold 9650, I'm pretty sure that will make many power users very happy and satisfied. For most CrackBerry addicts I'm sure that 256MB is just fine. If anything, I find 256MB personally to be plenty. Only earlier BlackBerry devices (read: 128MB Application Memory and less) are plagued with memory issues. Given that quite many people fall into the category of owning such BlackBerry smartphones, I can see why this is still an active topic despite being addressed lately by RIM (not by allowing applications to be installed on the Media Card, but by raising the amount of memory available for applications). However one thing forgotten here is the operating system itself. Not much is left for applications if you load an operating system on your BlackBerry with all language support packages, applications and games. All these saturate the Application Memory, leaving less for 3rd party applications. A solution here would be to have a separate ROM for the operating system, Application Memory and Device Memory (= media storage). Another approach would be to stuff everything into one massive flash chip. This is what Apple did with the iPhone. Both approaches have their pros and cons, however the current BlackBerry model could in fact use some modifications.
    04-27-10 03:26 PM
    How many of you think you'll switch over to one of the new phones? They're nice and all, but if the slider has a 5 megapixel camera, OS 6, and 512 MB of memory, I think I might hold out.
    04-27-10 03:33 PM
    How many of you think you'll switch over to one of the new phones? They're nice and all, but if the slider has a 5 megapixel camera, OS 6, and 512 MB of memory, I think I might hold out.
    Camera isn't a deciding factor for me. Actually, less megapixels = smaller image. I'm sure this isn't a surprise for anyone, but I'm just implying that especially when I'm on the go and want to quickly share a picture with friends or family, a basic camera will do the job fine (and should I be out of 3G or WiFi coverage, uploading a large image over EDGE takes time, time and even more time). When I had the Curve 8520 and its 2 Megapixel camera, I had no issues doing what I did before: snap a few pics and off they go to the social internet. Should I want to take good pictures, that's why I have a DSLR. Besides, for a 3.2 Megapixel the camera in my Storm2 is stunning to say the least. Excellent quality for those moments when you don't have a real camera with you.

BlackBerry 6 will be a deciding factor for me. Although not much has been officially stated, Webkit will be an integrated part of BlackBerry 6 and in order to enjoy a full Web browsing experience, one will need BlackBerry 6 as a whole, Webkit may not be installed separately. This makes me want and actually need a BlackBerry 6, because I'm becoming more and more 'mobile', not having the time to take my laptop computer with me. Webkit will be essential for me and the huge improvement in the multimedia field is also very welcomed.

512MB Application Memory? The more the merrier of course. BlackBerry 6 will have higher hardware requirements than current operating systems I believe, therefore in order for everything to stay snappy and run fluid, 512MB Application Memory is actually a requirement.
    04-27-10 03:49 PM
    And how does this relate to the topic? It's great that you like your phone but we are trying to discuss Blackberry News & Rumors. Quit shoving the iphone into every conversation...
    I didn't shove anything into this topic. Maybe if you learned how to read more than one post you would see it wasn't me who brought it up. But thanks for accusing me, I appreciate it.
    04-27-10 06:21 PM
    I didn't shove anything into this topic. Maybe if you learned how to read more than one post you would see it wasn't me who brought it up. But thanks for accusing me, I appreciate it.
    I didn't say you brought it up but once your same negative comments brings it out, you can't let it go. Seriously, just take an objective look at your posts on a BB-centric site. Are you trying to see if you can get this thread locked too or just trying to help out the BB community?

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=27222938
    04-27-10 06:43 PM
    I didn't say you brought it up but once your same negative comments brings it out, you can't let it go. Seriously, just take an objective look at your posts on a BB-centric site. Are you trying to see if you can get this thread locked too or just trying to help out the BB community?

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=27222938
    I'm not trying to get anything locked. I was having a conversation with someone and it never got out of line. I'm sorry I have negative views on BB. I'm sorry my responses aren't filled with "omg RIM is amazing!" or "BB is the best" or "I want to marry my BB!". Get over it. The reality is if people never taked about the negative things, they would never be resolved. And was my OP wrong? No. Every BB is the same repackaged device. Want to hear a positive response from me. Here you go, the keyboards are awesome. Push email is fast. How about that?

I can say whatever I want as long as I'm not disobeying the rules. And there are no rules in these forums that say you can't talk negative about a BB. I have owned BBs and have had enough experience with them where I feel I can make such comments.

And I am helping many members in a way. Some people know nothing about the devices. Pointing out the negatives can give them a better picture of what they were thinking about purchasing. Maybe they don't want truncated email. Maybe they don't want minimal memory upgrades. Maybe they would like to know if they buy a BB now, it will most likely be the same thing when they go for an upgrade. Maybe they would like to know the BB browser is pitiful. Why would I need to point out the positives when that's all that is mostly posted on this site?

How is someone suppose to make an opinion out of "browsing on the BB is great, i do it all the time" or "My BB browser works fine for me". Does that tell people who are looking for a device that BBs have good browser or bad? No, it tells them someones opinion and nothing from a technical standpoint. Technically, as of right now, the BB browser can't compare to any other smartphone browser on the market.

Anyway, just get back on topic. You trying to argue with me about not being on topic is just making it even more off-topic. Stick to PMs if you want to continue a useless discussion.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-27-10 at 07:05 PM.
    04-27-10 06:55 PM
    There are times when its appropriate and times when its not. But thanks for helping out the BB community...
    04-27-10 07:08 PM
    There are times when its appropriate and times when its not. But thanks for helping out the BB community...
    Any time, friend.
    04-27-10 07:11 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD