RIM invites key government officials for BlackBerry 10 sneak peek

I'm rather indifferent about what phone our government is using primarily. Just thought I'd share.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 10-20-12 at 08:30 PM.
    10-19-12 07:45 PM
    I hope the Canadian Government sees something they like and want to invest in BB10 for their uses. Let's also hope that what RIM shows them is worth their time.
    10-19-12 07:55 PM
    Interesting they say this.
    Get a sneak peek of BlackBerry 10, the next generation mobile platform that will change everything
    10-19-12 07:59 PM
    They're all after a ride in the QNX Porsche! And I can't blame 'em
    10-19-12 07:59 PM
    RIM really seems to be going all in with this launch. It's exciting to see them seeking out supporters rather than expecting people to flock to their new platform. Part of this is certainly from the beating they've taken in the last few years, but I think it's also an indication of the change in corporate culture at the company. I'm really excited to see what this new RIM has got in store.
    ridemaster, richardat and dusdal like this.
    10-20-12 12:42 AM
    I hope the Canadian Government sees something they like and want to invest in BB10 for their uses. Let's also hope that what RIM shows them is worth their time.
    I personally know all the federal government cares about is extremely secure emailing and camera free devices. Some departments might find specific features of the iphone useful but the fear they have of insecurity always brings them to the BB! Rim has nothing to worry about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 12:50 AM
    Its in the Governments best interest to re-up with RIM and get whats coming. They'll have to spend the money either way. New phones/PlayBooks for everyone in the government. Or, they spend that money when RIM employees are out of work on their Unemployment Insurance.

Its probably cheaper to just buy the phones.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    10-20-12 02:17 AM
    It's an easy sell also...the Can. government....sure they've got plenty of very deep "connections" in there....but it's relatively small fish. Could be good run-through for pitching to the US!
    10-20-12 03:51 AM
    PlayBook should be in every cop car, I've seen those cruisers with expensive panasonic laptops, why not save a ton of money, make the switch, give rim some R&D through the process. It's a win win imo. Then maybe those cops can stop hiding in bushes and taxing Canadians further.
    10-20-12 07:21 AM
    Looks like the sneak peak happened today: 580 CFRA News Talk Radio There's still no reactions from the government officials yet though.
    11-07-12 07:50 PM
    Looks like there's some good responses so far on #BlackBerry10 (example). Too bad there's also a bunch of people re-tweeting the so-called report from the so-called analyst that BB10 will be DOA.
    11-07-12 07:59 PM