Superbowl ad $3.5 million , viewers 111 million, exposure Priceless.

BIGinsightTM asked consumers their opinions about Super Bowl commercials. 7.3% state that commercials influence him/her to search online for more information; 8.4% state that the commercials influence him/her to buy products from the advertisers. 16.9% become more aware of the advertiser’s brand. Only 4.4% state that the commercials bother them.

The data shows that Super Bowl commercials are worth the money; 8.4% of 111 million viewers is money well spent. The million dollar question remains “why don’t consumers watch commercials throughout the rest of the year?” Probably because they don’t believe it is worthy of their time. Viewers understand that this air time is “special”.
    The fact is the perception of RIM in the states is that they are going under. . .a superbowl ad would counter this in a way that speaks directly to RIM's most difficult market. . .
    00stryder likes this.
    01-01-13 07:12 PM
    hopefully some of this goes to giving media some FACTUAL information about the devices...

i really dont want to hear any more gibberish from the 'news' about BB 10 and then go through the documents and video myself and see NOTHING close to what the 'reporter' has said.
    01-02-13 12:22 AM
    With the hundred(s ?) thousands bucks needed for a one shot Super Bowl advertisement, I believe M. Boulben can do a lot of brand-to-user actions, and I believe this is what we're going to see in the very near future. The "RE" gimmick had a very nice echo on TW (and I believe this was a test); I'd bet on this one for communication, as the clear-positive-trendy version of the "RIMpire strikes back". In fact, I would have liked that the devices name was "RExx" like as many BlackBerry responses to users needs ... RE1 being the full touch interface.

(sorry in advance for that uuuuugly photoshop mockup)
    RIM Investing alt= Billion Dollars into the Launch of BlackBerry 10-whatbutton.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-02-13 at 04:35 AM.
    01-02-13 04:19 AM
    Oh, thats very interesting, i am not the only one who thinks the WP8 commercials sucks . They are omnipresent here in German TV. You see people on the street making "great pictures with the camera
    " and some other featurers EVERY other single phone has on board. Nothing about the special UI or productivity features. Very poor commercials. They waste the billion. Very sad.
    I am sure BB has a lot more to show in commercials like peek, flow, hub, keyboard and the "surprises".
    01-02-13 05:00 AM
    That quote from the correspondent about them going from 600m to 2.9b in cash in the opening post is incorrect isn't it? I don't think their cash reserves ever dropped to that level and they actually meant to say that they increased by 600m to 2.9b in the last quarter.
    01-02-13 05:15 AM
    That quote from the correspondent about them going from 600m to 2.9b in cash in the opening post is incorrect isn't it? I don't think their cash reserves ever dropped to that level and they actually meant to say that they increased by 600m to 2.9b in the last quarter.
    indeed. hardly anyone knows what they're talking about when it comes to RIM. We know what he meant however . . .
    01-02-13 07:32 AM
    would be amazing if blackberry sponsored the English premier league. and got involved with the 2014 world cup.
    the premier league draws in hundreds of millions of viewers on a weekly basis and the world cup final is worth 700 million viewers alone. the tournament itself gets well into a billion viewers.
    those 2 competitions alone would give untold exposure to blackberry and would be well worth the money

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 09:14 AM
    that is ALOT of money and hopefully they get it back in sales
    They have absolutely no choice. It's bet the house time. All or nothing.

Also their history of lacklustre product launches.
    01-02-13 12:35 PM
    It's bet the house time. All or nothing.
    Nope, hopefully, it's not "all-in" (if I understand correctly what you mean), it's only the third of their cash reserve ... so that they can maintain pace for a while ...
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-02-13 01:08 PM
    RIM should look for the impact that Kia had due to its Super Bowl ad. With folks actually EXCITED for commercials during the Super Bowl, it might even make sense to feature two or three ads showcasing various BB10 functionalities. Maybe one commercial for each device?
    01-02-13 01:41 PM
    i love the look of the phone. ****!!!
    01-02-13 01:44 PM
    RIM should look for the impact that Kia had due to its Super Bowl ad. With folks actually EXCITED for commercials during the Super Bowl, it might even make sense to feature two or three ads showcasing various BB10 functionalities. Maybe one commercial for each device?
    No. Don't even mention the X10. Not yet. People will see the same, old Blackberry. NOT a good idea.
    01-02-13 09:01 PM
62 123