Seems like rim repair team has no intention to return back my bold 9900 from their repair facility, my phone was received Dec. 04 2012 by RIM, and apparently it's "still on the repair process" according to the status whenever I check it online.. I'm trying to extend my patience as much as possible, I've been ringing then at least once a week to check whats happening and they always say "we have no new information yet, as soon as we get it we will notify you". It's really disappointing.
    01-25-13 03:31 AM
    Seems like rim repair team has no intention to return back my bold 9900 from their repair facility, my phone was received Dec. 04 2012 by RIM, and apparently it's "still on the repair process" according to the status whenever I check it online.. I'm trying to extend my patience as much as possible, I've been ringing then at least once a week to check whats happening and they always say "we have no new information yet, as soon as we get it we will notify you". It's really disappointing.
    I have had a half dozen new blackberries and it was always exchanged by the carrier with no questions asked. I take it your phone is off warranty?
    01-25-13 03:33 AM
    The phone is no longer on a contract, I sent the phone to RIM via RMA, they said they will check the phone and notify me if the phone is off warranty and payment is required before they start the repair process, I've been checking the status and it's been verified and is now under the repair process so clearly there's no charges etc, even if there is, they should've told me straight after they received my phone. it's been over a month now, I don't think it's reasonable to tell me they can't repair it, why did they keep it this long if they can't.
    01-25-13 03:37 AM
    That is bad.
    01-25-13 03:43 AM
    hmm i usually get a 1 to 1 replacement from my carrier if the phone is still under warranty. my condolences

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-25-13 03:51 AM
    yes I'm aware of that too, it's very disappointing also that all my blackberry devices have undergone for replacement, my P'9981, my Playbook and now my Bold 9900, the other devices got replaced in just about two weeks, this one is taking forever I honestly have no idea what is happening. I've been urging to ring them now and confront them how inconvenient this is, but they won't give me a satisfactory answer anyway so there's no point.
    01-25-13 04:03 AM
    That's why I usually buy a spare one off Ebay or keep my previous one around as a backup.
    01-25-13 04:12 AM
    Repair is usually contracted out by RIM rather than in-house so if you are talking to RIM directly with your calls the only information the poor guy has is what the repair contractor has put into the database. I think if there is no change at the next contact with RIM you need to ask about the process to have the repair expedited and/or phone replaced as "lost while in repair". If necessary ask to speak to the supervisor, and the supervisor's supervisor... until you reach someone who can make things happen.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-25-13 04:55 AM
    This should be a lesson to pay for insurance next time. Lol.

My 9900 needed fixing and they sent me one next day mail.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-25-13 07:10 AM
    I talked to them and they said that the fact that the phone is actually from Canada (rogers) its taking more than a little while, considering I'm in Australia...they sounds legit about prioritizing the problem so I'm okay about it, atleast theres an improvement than nothing... I dont really use insurance that much when theres warranty available anyway.
    01-25-13 07:29 AM
    I talked to them and they said that the fact that the phone is actually from Canada (rogers) its taking more than a little while, considering I'm in Australia...they sounds legit about prioritizing the problem so I'm okay about it, atleast theres an improvement than nothing... I dont really use insurance that much when theres warranty available anyway.
    I totally understand but your going on almost 2 months without your phone. I went 1 day. To me that's worth the extra $7 a month.

01-25-13 08:25 AM
    I have a spare 9800 if you want

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-25-13 08:27 AM
    I totally understand but your going on almost 2 months without your phone. I went 1 day. To me that's worth the extra $7 a month.

yeah but that's okay it's just my old one, I was using it before I upgraded to P9981. So I have my P9981 but I actually use the 9900 for work so right now I use my P9981 for both work and personal till I get my 9900 back. In Australia some carriers offers a free insurance when it's on a contract.
    01-25-13 08:46 AM
    I have a spare 9800 if you want

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    Oh thanks a lot, I would be fine. Itll come soon.
    01-25-13 08:46 AM
    Any chance they are waiting for Jan. 30 so they can send you a N10?
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-25-13 08:54 AM
    Any chance they are waiting for Jan. 30 so they can send you a N10?
    To compensate the long waiting period LOL
    01-25-13 09:28 AM
    The phone is no longer on a contract, I sent the phone to RIM via RMA, they said they will check the phone and notify me if the phone is off warranty and payment is required before they start the repair process
    How do you contact RIM Repair department / RMA department? I couldn't find it on RIM's site.
    01-25-13 09:30 AM
    How do you contact RIM Repair department / RMA department? I couldn't find it on RIM's site.
    You can't really contact them unless an RMA has been made for your device, because if your device is broken and you decided to contact blackberry they will analyse the problem and then decide from there wherever its elegible for RMA and then they will create an RMA of your device to their database, from there they wi'll go u more info. U can't really contact the repair facility directly, you gonna have to go through RIM customer support and they become the middle party for both repair team and you
    01-25-13 09:35 AM
    You can't really contact them unless an RMA has been made for your device, because if your device is broken and you decided to contact blackberry they will analyse the problem and then decide from there wherever its elegible for RMA and then they will create an RMA of your device to their database, from there they wi'll go u more info. U can't really contact the repair facility directly, you gonna have to go through RIM customer support and they become the middle party for both repair team and you
    Thanks. And RIM Customer Service can be contacted how? They have information for contacting HQ/offices, is that same as contacting customer service?
    Research In Motion - Contact
    01-25-13 09:53 AM