It's nice to see RIM having so many positions available. The 2000 layoffs should be absorbed rather quickly as their is an influx of demanding and interesting positions available at RIM globally. RIM is currently expanding quickly in Ottawa as well. There is just so much going on behind the scenes at RIM making for a very interesting year

6 voices from RIM's BlackBerry job fair - Canada - CBC News
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-02-12 at 12:23 PM.
    03-02-12 12:19 PM
    They had positions open at the office here in Cary, NC. If I thought my skill set would match their job needs, I'd hop right over there.

Lesson for you kids...don't let the company you work for, trap you into a limited skill set or make you a jack-of-all-trades.
    03-02-12 01:23 PM
    They had positions open at the office here in Cary, NC. If I thought my skill set would match their job needs, I'd hop right over there.

Lesson for you kids...don't let the company you work for, trap you into a limited skill set or make you a jack-of-all-trades.
    RIM has offices in Cary? Didn't know that... makes sense for them to be in RTP.
    03-02-12 01:43 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    there is a lot of very exciting and innovative developments going on at RIM!! .. and Waterloo is a "silicon valley Canada" ....
    03-02-12 11:00 PM
    Halifax was hiring too a few months ago. If you go on RIM's website there are A LOT of opening that make you very excited about how close BB10 is
    03-03-12 03:44 AM
    Yup, I read that in the crackberry blogs. This is good.
    03-04-12 02:25 PM
    I believe the global recruitment is 1000+
    03-04-12 03:50 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I like what is going on at RIM now!... Playbook 2.0 is awesome .. and only will get better with each OTA software upgrade .. and the new bb10 phones will be amazing!!! ...
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-04-12 11:47 PM
    Not getting it, 4 of 6 are from south Asia, and 2 of them are in fact new immigrants. For the same cost of hiring any of them, RIM could hire 5 or more over there. This is not to mention, emerging markets in Asia are the best hope RIM has, RIM should rationalize its cost structure and divert much needed resources to where there is still growth.
    03-05-12 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD