I want to ask, why do people want to wreck a canadian company?

And also, who controls the stocks? Who? WHO?

Stock market is heavily controlled by US investment firms

TSE:RIM Vol Avg 2.72M
    NASDAQ:RIMM Vol Avg 24.88M

9 Times the investment volume happens in the US, There is no Job loss to the US economy if RIM is sold off for parts, and chances are the infrastructure would actually be relocated to the USA.
    01-15-12 08:40 AM
    Stock market is heavily controlled by US investment firms

TSE:RIM Vol Avg 2.72M
    NASDAQ:RIMM Vol Avg 24.88M

9 Times the investment volume happens in the US, There is no Job loss to the US economy if RIM is sold off for parts, and chances are the infrastructure would actually be relocated to the USA.
    What about the Canadian economy? People just don't realize 17k will lose their jobs if RIM ends up getting hit by these greedy buck buyers and people who want it to go down.
    01-15-12 08:43 AM
    What about the Canadian economy? People just don't realize 17k will lose their jobs if RIM ends up getting hit by these greedy buck buyers and people who want it to go down.
    Well 17K people are not all Canadians, I suspect 10k of that are employee's in Canada, the rest are around the world

And clearly very few people actually care or look at the effect on the Economy with RIM going under as many Canadian News papers take great pleasure in reprinting everything negative they can about RIM, and promoting the stock advantages of splitting the company up and selling it.

If Canadians wanted to care especially Ontarians they would be asking about What RIM can do for them, and asking Canadian company's for BlackBerry Apps, but instead many just buy other devices and write RIM off as has been done in the US
    01-15-12 08:52 AM
    RIM/BBs are pretty much a right off in the states. I agree with the HUGE lose the Canadian economy will take if RIM goes down/sold off and I hope other people slick into this truth too and start promoting RIM/BBs and get some money flowing into this hurting economy of ours.
    01-15-12 09:38 AM
    People always yell oh but RIM is doing this and that overseas and blah blah blah. It doesn't matter if they are doing bad in the US. The buck stops here. Not fair at all but very true. The sad part in my opinion is all the people that work for them what will they do if RIM is sold.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
    01-15-12 10:06 AM
    Hope the Samsung rumor/stories are not true....
    01-17-12 10:22 AM
    Hope the Samsung rumor/stories are not true....
    If they are, then there isn't much we samsung device users can do about it. My clock radio is also samsung.
    01-17-12 10:26 AM
    This is credible, I guess. I'd be at least a little surprised to see any acquisition happen now, though.

I still expect to see a management shakeup by month end, and you'd hope to see RIM get at least one quarter past that.
    01-17-12 11:03 AM
    This is credible, I guess. I'd be at least a little surprised to see any acquisition happen now, though.

I still expect to see a management shakeup by month end, and you'd hope to see RIM get at least one quarter past that.
    Its from BGR, I would classify it as gossip not creditable.

Most potential buyers are waiting till Feb to see what the re-release of OS 2.0 and QNX will look like.

Companies want to acquire assets with completed technology, especially with the timeline so short on the horizon.

If OS 2.0 is positive, stock goes up, and purchasing company gets a completed product of OS 2.0

If OS 2.0 fails/delays, stock dives further, pressure increases for a takeover...

A purchase now however wouldn't be a benefit.
    01-17-12 11:14 AM
    On a side note, I wonder...

RIM: So Goldman Sachs, what can we do to increase our share price?

GS: Well it seems to increase on takeovers, so lets plant some takeover rumors...

RIM: But how?

GS: Just tell someone to send a anonymous email to BGR, they'll publish anything...

missing_K-W and Blacklac like this.
    01-17-12 11:17 AM
    On a side note, I wonder...

RIM: So Goldman Sachs, what can we do to increase our share price?

GS: Well it seems to increase on takeovers, so lets plant some takeover rumors...

RIM: But how?

GS: Just tell someone to send a anonymous email to BGR, they'll publish anything...

Good point. The whole "build and sell products people want to buy" would just make way too much sense and thus would be way too obvious.
    01-17-12 11:49 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD