guys, let's not forget that what we've known, seen, read and heard are mainly because we are enthusiastic about it..
    we kept ourselves updated for it. for all we know, there are millions smartphone users in the world whom has never heard of BB10, let alone knows its functions. so that leaves RIM plenty of things to surprise the users in mainstream media.
    and when that 30th Jan arrives and news leaked into main newspapers and tv news the next day, it will be a new world order all over again.
    just make sure we keep it mum when we read more leaks and just leave it to RIM to announce it come 30th Jan.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-30-12 07:45 PM
    Research In Motion should be airing very short 5-10 second advertisements about BlackBerry 10 without naming the product but creating a "Mayan world-changing experience" type of vignettes. Almost a subliminal advertising campaign although not subliminal the viewer would have to be watching the broadcast as they are slipped in between news segments, not news stories, on the major news networks.
    12-30-12 08:01 PM
    Nice... I may have to join that group to accompany my viewing pleasure of the event. I just worry that work will get super busy at the time of the event and I will get sidetracked.
    Put a "Gone BlackBerry picking" sign on your office door or outer cubicle wall. You guys and gals have no imagination. Little wonder the economy is in the toilet.
    TomJasper and Pdinos3 like this.
    12-30-12 08:04 PM
    Right! Hopefully, I will be "stuck" in the office, strapped to my computer, doing paperwork (darn it lol).
    Rough handle someone and that ought to get you assigned desk duty PDQ.
    Jake Storm and TomJasper like this.
    12-30-12 08:06 PM
    All one has to do is look at what the OS supports. QNX is only 100,000 lines of code so tightly written that it's just crazy. A crazy master piece of engineering
    Not to burst your delusional bubble but QNX is not developed by Research In Motion. They merely are building on top of the core that is QNX. BlackBerry OS 10 is to QNX as Apple Mac OS/X is to FreeBSD.
    12-30-12 08:10 PM
    yep......blackberry 10
    12-30-12 09:01 PM
    @JamesAlexander. I'm not expecting RIM to be back all at once with the launch. But, I do agree and believe that the best is yet to come with BB10 devices and moreover with the platform. Thanks for posting.
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-30-12 10:48 PM
    Not to burst your delusional bubble but QNX is not developed by Research In Motion. They merely are building on top of the core that is QNX. BlackBerry OS 10 is to QNX as Apple Mac OS/X is to FreeBSD.
    Did he say QNX was developed by RIM? I looked twice, I never saw it?
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    12-31-12 01:01 AM
    Well, JamezAlexander, once again you and I see completely eye-to-eye. Loved the part about BBOS being what has held the fabulous creativity and ingenuity of BlackBerry back: we're talking 7 generations old technology, here. They made it do things it shouldn't have been able to do! They were tied to it because of their services, network, infrastructure.
    You don't turn an ocean liner on a dime.
    So,when they decide to bite the bullet, take the hard road, and blow it up - what do they do? They pick the most elegant, powerful, unique software in the world : QNX.
    And then came Thor. And what did he do?
    Far from the public eye, farther from the known truth, he looked it over, he made the changes. And then?
    "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the Dogs of War!"
    The release of BB 10 is not the culmination of anything but prolog. It is just the beginning. From here on in, everything gets faster, stronger, tighter.
    The competition have had their chance to get out in front of RIM. That's over.
    Nimble? Doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Vaporware? Only in the sense that when they try to catch it, vapor is all they will grab.
    Hang on tight.
    We're cleared for take off...
    #BB10Believe
    12-31-12 02:38 AM
    ^^^^^ Eloquently Stated G-bone!!
    James Nieves and G-bone like this.
    12-31-12 03:19 AM
    I just believe in RIM because they understand that options are better than restrictions. I believe that is me who chooses and blackberry let me choose whether I want flash on my web browser or a bigger screen or a better keyboard
    Dapper37 and G-bone like this.
    12-31-12 03:45 AM
    wow, I just walked into the jamezalexander reality distortion field. Here's hoping Thor can capture the masses in the same way Jan 30.
    12-31-12 11:05 AM
    jamezalexander and gbone should be featured in commercials or on stage with Thor to rally the troops to buy the phones come January 30th
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-31-12 11:13 AM
    Great to see positivity in a thread for a change....
    +1

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-31-12 11:54 AM
    Is it safe to say the statement "leapfrogged the competition" will stand on Jan 30th? IMHO i think so
    12-31-12 12:02 PM
    Thank you for this great post sir - Makes me even more optimistic.

I can't say enough good things about Thor - hopefully the results will bolster that even more.

Believe.
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-31-12 12:33 PM
    The OP made me think of the movie "300"
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-31-12 01:19 PM
    Nice to see the excitement continues to build.

Jan 30 cannot come soon enough!
    12-31-12 03:06 PM
    Its open now! just joined. #21
    How do you join this group?

I have a BB but don't use BBM.
    12-31-12 04:22 PM
    Spend time with a PlayBook you'll know big things are coming.
    You know...every since BlackBerry Jam Americas, I've been diving deep into the functionality of my PlayBook. The more you play around with the gestures, you'll get a feel of "peek" and "flow". I truly believe that PlayBook owners were beta testers for BB10 and the Z10 specifically, and the Bold 9930 for the X10. We have been complaining about not having anything new or fresh. We've had it in our hands all along - but its just about to get a whole lot better.
    Last edited by walt63; 12-31-12 at 11:10 PM.
    CeeXTwo likes this.
    12-31-12 04:53 PM
    I want to join the BBM group too.
    I sent an add-request to BBM Pin:29375093 and it was declined!
    12-31-12 05:00 PM
    I hope BB's marketing will be better than what I've seen in the past. I've been keenly watching ads for Windoes Phone 8. Some of them are interesting (I like their tie in with a Daily Show app, and a camera comparison ad for W8 vs. iPhone5 I saw amongst movie trailers in a theater was farily effective). Some of them are really lame where they seemingly talk people into switching from their iPhone due to one new feature. I think BB needs to stay away from "trashing" the iPhone, it will only anger the fanboys and the critics.
    12-31-12 05:03 PM
    ... you'll get a feel of "peak" and "flow"
    Peek! PEEK PeEk!

For the love of QNX... it's PEEK! ArrrrArrrrrghhh!

not "Peak"... that's what hopefully BB10 will do.
    Last edited by vorpalz; 12-31-12 at 07:31 PM.
    12-31-12 05:05 PM
    How do you join this group?

I have a BB but don't use BBM.
    If you have a BB, start using BBM, the app should be on the phone! find the 'invite to BBM' screen inside the BBM app and install the "BBM pin #" James provided! thats it. You will get a BBM notification once the group adds you. Enjoy!
    12-31-12 05:11 PM
    I want to join the BBM group too.
    I sent an add-request to BBM Pin:29375093 and it was declined!
    I think James got a flood of requests fast. I believe groups are limited in size. Looks like its full. Sorry!. its was fun yesterday, there was a blazing BBM chat going on instantly. lasted for a few hours!
    12-31-12 05:15 PM
111 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD