I won't say definitively, but I believe it will be online to stream. I watched the WP8 event that way.
    The keynote will be live streamed RIM will be supplying links to watch it.
    Keep tight to CrackBerry,NerdBerry, N4BB, and BerryReview for all the juicy stuff inbetween.
    I'll be running around the NYC with video cameras, I'm even brining a camera man
    Gonna get all the scoop I can for us guys!

I'd like to extend and invite to you all on BBM, I'll be setting up a BBM Group and keeping the whole group updated with pictures and happenings LIVE :from NYC

BBM Pin:29375093
    12-30-12 12:02 PM
    Keep tight to CrackBerry,NerdBerry, N4BB, and BerryReview for all the juicy stuff inbetween.
    I'll be running around the NYC with video cameras, I'm even brining a camera man

I'd like to extend and invite to you all on BBM, I'll be setting up a BBM Group and keeping the whole group updated with pictures and happenings LIVE :from NYC

Nice... I may have to join that group to accompany my viewing pleasure of the event. I just worry that work will get super busy at the time of the event and I will get sidetracked.
    PestPro#IM likes this.
    12-30-12 12:20 PM
    WHOA!!! that's pretty intense,,, my playbook hopes you're right...
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-30-12 12:28 PM
    Even though it's killing me to wait, I'm glad RIM is keeping certain things under wraps until launch as they need as many Surprises/ Bells and whistles as they can throw to catch the attention of every Tech reporter, consumer and naysayer to show them all that they are not only back, But they are back in BLACK!
    #BB10BELIEVE
    danimalchil likes this.
    12-30-12 01:25 PM
    I don't use the A-word, I use Green Fruit Company. The kicker is that google has no clue what to do with " Green Fruit Company" ,lol, and also our words/posts EXCLUDE the A-word when the google spider drop in to snatch posts.
    BB10 Z10 X10 << come get it google,lol
    12-30-12 01:29 PM
    RIM has been truly masterful in this turnaround bid. They were able to whip PlayBook together in a year, yes it had shortcomings and 2.0 took months to get here. But let's be realistic they were already focused on BB10 at that point.

RIM has understated BlackBerry 10--the developer builds are not the final software and RIM knows this; built for devs and to show off just enough to get us excited.

Buying TAT was not only a move to get their exceptional UI design gurus onboard, but it was also a bid to get their ability to showoff a product well onboard. And above all that is the extraction of the Cascades UI to create the framework for developers. The true value of this extraction lies inside RIM, most their developers have transitioned to C++ and Cascades, putting amazingly powerful tools into the hands of the technically sound engineers that built us the amazing apps and an ecosystem we grew to love over the years. Things like BBM, BlackBerry Bridge, Travel, Traffic and so many others.

The engineers at RIM have never been at fault for the shortcomings of BBOS. The platform was the limitation. They took a platform and made it work for them for over a decade, to a pinnacle of 80 million users. They have kept expectations in the public low, this will bolster their tremendous reveal in the new year as they raise the bar for the entire industry.

We have seen but a fraction of the true glory that is BlackBerry 10. They are back and here to stay, vengeance will be sweet and WE the consumer are the ultimate victors. We are their success.

So many things have been understated from the app count, to the developer support, to the OS architecture, to the new marketing prowess they've been holding back. I tell you TeamBlackBerry this launch will be history making. I am very pleased to have been invited to report on it in New York, and more excited for the cat to finally get out of the bag. RIM is long overdue for praise in this domain. Once the king, always the king. January 30th the sword leaves the stone.
    Hopefully, as long as they don't seek to take out their vengeance on my wallet.
    12-30-12 01:33 PM
    QNX micro kernel wins the day! Monolithic kernel(Little Green Man) & Hybrid kernel (Green Fruit Company) do not compare in my opinion.
    You seriously don't think that iOS is in the same category as QNX? There are few OSs on the market that can be compared to it. Linux comes close. The OP is right, RIM is holding back a lot.
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-30-12 01:38 PM
    Jamez, all I will say is " Can your phone do this? "

David in Durham likes this.
    12-30-12 01:43 PM
    RIM will beat the drum at CES and then crack thunder on the 30th

For. Sure
    I don't think RIM are at CES in any great capacity this year, sadly.
    12-30-12 02:06 PM
    Nice... I may have to join that group to accompany my viewing pleasure of the event. I just worry that work will get super busy at the time of the event and I will get sidetracked.
    Right! Hopefully, I will be "stuck" in the office, strapped to my computer, doing paperwork (darn it lol).
    12-30-12 02:11 PM
    Conflicting schedules but QNX division of RIM will be, directly opposite Chevrolet, diagonally to Audi.
    I don't think RIM are at CES in any great capacity this year, sadly.
    missing_K-W and Dapper37 like this.
    12-30-12 02:13 PM
    Conflicting schedules but QNX division of RIM will be, directly opposite Chevrolet, diagonally to Audi.
    All one has to do is look at what the OS supports. QNX is only 100,000 lines of code so tightly written that it's just crazy. A crazy master piece of engineering
    12-30-12 02:19 PM
    OP have you had a look at the final build?
    i can see you want BB10 to succeed, as do i, but unless you know for a fact that we havent seen most of what BB10 can do by now, then your message is misleading.
    its great you have this passion, but i dont want to be set up for a fall come jan 30.
    i like what i've seen of BB10, but if i go into jan 30th expecting much more but getting the same, then BB10 will pretty much have started off by being a disappointment which is not the way it should be
    dynot likes this.
    12-30-12 02:21 PM
    Darke, see how fast 6 weeks have gone.

Jan 30 2013
    Attached Thumbnails RIM has fooled everyone, BlackBerry 10 is understaded on purpose-flipclock2.jpg  
    darkehawke and Techno-Emigre like this.
    12-30-12 02:39 PM
    OP have you had a look at the final build?
    i can see you want BB10 to succeed, as do i, but unless you know for a fact that we havent seen most of what BB10 can do by now, then your message is misleading.
    its great you have this passion, but i dont want to be set up for a fall come jan 30.
    i like what i've seen of BB10, but if i go into jan 30th expecting much more but getting the same, then BB10 will pretty much have started off by being a disappointment which is not the way it should be
    Well, didn't Kevin (or somebody else from CrackBerry) interview a RIM employee (was it the CMO? It was so long ago...) at DevCon who said that they had 10 major marketable features for BB10, and as of that point they'd only shown off the first 2? If so, then they've still got 6-7 major marketable features that they haven't even talked about yet, and only a couple of them would be stuff that has already been leaked (Story Maker and such). Hopefully they mention one or two more at CES, then all but one at the launch event, then the final one will be shown off on launch day.

Also, Jamez, please let me know when the BBM Group is created. I want to be a part of that.
    12-30-12 02:50 PM
    I speak for every BB fan, phone and/or PB, who wants to have a top performing device that have our naysayer "iPud" and Androt friends staring at the phone and saying 1) I want a phone like that, and 2) when does my current contract with ___ expire so i can get one ! ? It won't hurt if PC Mag, CNET and other tech writers, the bane of our existence the last 1 1/2 years, start to "stir the pot" with iPud and Androt by proclaiming praise for the new BB10 phone. The average phone user (not on Crackberry.com) has NO Idea this phone is coming and that isn't just an upgrade to a dying platform but a whole new world of possiblities.
    Great idea! Let's bash Android and iOS users! That'll surely convince them to try BB10 and join the CrackBerry community! Brilliant! /sarcasm

People who are wanting a new phone, whether it be because a contract is ending, they buy their phones outright anyway, or because they just plain want one, are paying attention. And more and more heads will turn the more leaks we get, articles are written, and finally the announcement.
    DJM626, kbz1960, jakie55 and 1 others like this.
    12-30-12 03:53 PM
    Great idea! Let's bash Android and iOS users! That'll surely convince them to try BB10 and join the CrackBerry community! Brilliant! /sarcasm

People who are wanting a new phone, whether it be because a contract is ending, they buy their phones outright anyway, or because they just plain want one, are paying attention. And more and more heads will turn the more leaks we get, articles are written, and finally the announcement.
    Yep. And if there is nothing but tech shown -- ie. big name apps are missing, and/or there are no partnership announcements on any fronts -- the tech press will start churning out the "it's not enough..." articles. That is why I am hoping some of the surprises are big partnerships. A licensing deal with a big manufacturer would also be huge.

As for the bashing -- I agree it is not good to encourage. But I will say that if BB10 blows everyone away and all the pieces are there... and it sells well out of the gate, there will be much CROW to be passed around. Eat up! (not you..) Lol.
    pantlesspenguin and kbz1960 like this.
    12-30-12 04:28 PM
    Well, didn't Kevin (or somebody else from CrackBerry) interview a RIM employee (was it the CMO? It was so long ago...) at DevCon who said that they had 10 major marketable features for BB10, and as of that point they'd only shown off the first 2? If so, then they've still got 6-7 major marketable features that they haven't even talked about yet, and only a couple of them would be stuff that has already been leaked (Story Maker and such). Hopefully they mention one or two more at CES, then all but one at the launch event, then the final one will be shown off on launch day.

Also, Jamez, please let me know when the BBM Group is created. I want to be a part of that.
    hmm i make it much less then you.
    1. peek & flow
    2. Timeshift camera
    3. New Swish Browser
    4. Blackberry World now with music & film
    5. BBM video
    6. BBM Remember
    7. Story Maker
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?

These are all marketable features (except maybe story maker)
    hopefully i'm way off the mark and there's a lot more to come, but i think i will just assume that what RIM has officially shown (which isnt too much when compared to the speculation) will be the main deal, with a few minor surprises possibly.
    If i'm wrong, i'm going to be in for a pleasant shock!
    howarmat and dynot like this.
    12-30-12 04:45 PM
    1. peek & flow
    2. Timeshift camera
    3. New Swish Browser
    5. BBM video
    6. BBM Remember
    7. Story Maker
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?

hopefully i'm way off the mark and there's a lot more to come, but i think i will just assume that what RIM has officially shown (which isnt too much when compared to the speculation) will be the main deal, with a few minor surprises possibly.
    You forgot the BlackBerry Hub.
    12-30-12 05:37 PM
    You forgot the BlackBerry Hub.
    i assumed that was part of peek and flow :P
    12-30-12 06:03 PM
    1. peek & flow
    2. Timeshift camera
    3. New Swish Browser
    5. BBM video
    6. BBM Remember
    7. Story Maker
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?

Which means that 6 of them (5-10) are things they haven't announced yet, which means I was right. Admittedly I did think it was only a couple whereas by your estimate there are 3 features that have already been leaked, that still leaves 3 major marketable features completely unknown to us. Combine that with the likelihood that they'll expand on stuff we already know about and you have the potential for a great surprise. To be safe though, don't get your hopes up too high. It is better to expect less, because that makes anything seem even better.
    12-30-12 06:15 PM
    Well we be able to view the launch on Jan. 30,2012 live??
    I bet they webcast it!! hope so!
    12-30-12 06:38 PM
    i assumed that was part of peek and flow :P
    True, but it's more shown off as the BlackBerry Hub to which you can peek and flow.
    12-30-12 06:54 PM

Its open now! just joined. #21
    12-30-12 06:59 PM
    Its open now! just joined. #21
    I want to join!!
    12-30-12 07:08 PM
111 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD