My BBM7 works as it should just for the record.
    12-13-12 01:45 PM
    George,

As another user has mentioned, you should have used a different BBID for corporate and personal. I for one am elated that BBM is BBID tied now, instead of to the device PIN. This is a feature that the majority of users have desired for a long time. And insisting that this move is obviously one made to phish for information to sell, is ridiculous. You're just taking a piece of news and spinning it into something negative.

BBM 7 rocks. The voice feature works great. BBID integration is awesome. Case closed.
    Shane8750 likes this.
    12-13-12 01:57 PM
    My BBM7 works just fine on both phones, no issues
    12-13-12 02:21 PM
    I wish I have it!! I'm using dell voice and it sucks!!
    12-13-12 02:28 PM
    Wow elitist much cause you have over 1200 posts? OP could be a long time visitor but just never posted comments...
    No, not elitist. It's called calling out a potential muck-raker or at the very least a ignorant person.
    Gone are the days of naivety and good faith when it comes to these "concerned, negative" RIM posts from "first-timers".

What gets my BS sense going is the overdone analysis and conclusions, littered with generalities, OP makes. I'd say me and about 50 people on my BBM list have all made the upgrade to BBM7 and it was as simple as installing the app. No contact loss, no BBM disappearing, nada. BBM Voice was mentioned from Day 1 as being done through wifi only. "having to change I.P. adresses and getting very technical just to get it working on your home network only??" - No clue what you're talking about.

So really OP, are you having problems?
    Or have you taken it upon yourself to express the frustrations of people ----- by posing a question laced with negativity and doubt?......yeah.....reeeal helpful there.

I frequent this site often to see what OPINIONS are, sure there are tons or trolls out there, but let's not hate on someone for posting comments that spur a conversation.
    None of these "spur a conversation". All it does is distract from real conversation or create a flame war and thus turn people off a little from even reading the forums.

Seriously......there's a difference...
    #1) I think BBM7 sucks - OPINION
    #2) Hahaha BBM7 is going to/does suck - TROLL
    #3) Will BBM7 suck? at the worst possible time? - TROLLING with an implied OPINION in the form of a question.

I don't always like it, but opinions are fine. OP's post is NOT an opinion it's #3.
    12-13-12 02:49 PM
    No, not elitist. It's called calling out a potential muck-raker or at the very least a ignorant person.
    Gone are the days of naivety and good faith when it comes to these "concerned, negative" RIM posts from "first-timers".

What gets my BS sense going is the overdone analysis and conclusions, littered with generalities, OP makes. I'd say me and about 50 people on my BBM list have all made the upgrade to BBM7 and it was as simple as installing the app. No contact loss, no BBM disappearing, nada. BBM Voice was mentioned from Day 1 as being done through wifi only. "having to change I.P. adresses and getting very technical just to get it working on your home network only??" - No clue what you're talking about.

So really OP, are you having problems?
    Or have you taken it upon yourself to express the frustrations of people ----- by posing a question laced with negativity and doubt?......yeah.....reeeal helpful there.

None of these "spur a conversation". All it does is distract from real conversation or create a flame war and thus turn people off a little from even reading the forums.

Seriously......there's a difference...
    #1) I think BBM7 sucks - OPINION
    #2) Hahaha BBM7 is going to/does suck - TROLL
    #3) Will BBM7 suck? at the worst possible time? - TROLLING with an implied OPINION in the form of a question.

I don't always like it, but opinions are fine. OP's post is NOT an opinion it's #3.
    Agreed. Why would you even copy a PIN to another phone/device if you wanted to avoid duplication?

Edit: BBID not PIN.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-13-12 03:57 PM
    I downloaded the last BBM version and now don't have BBM. All my contacts gone too, its as if I never had BBM on my phone. When I go to App world it tells me it is installed, but has no option to delete and reload it. Also, I have contacted Blackberry 3 times and they have yet to respond.
    12-13-12 05:17 PM
    My bbm7 has been working since beta. One person in my contacts is having wifi drop problems but we've still been able to make calls. It seems the problematic bbm7 minority think they are the majority.

It seems RIM are working on a fix and I hope it won't be long for those who are having the problems to update and enjoy bbm7 like many of us already are.
    12-13-12 06:05 PM
    yeah i'm not surprised the OP got his hand slapped with a thread title like that. you can't post a blanket statement on here, thinking you are in the majority without one of the wise elder's straightening you out. that being said, i've been using BBM7 since beta and have none of the issues people on CB are complaining about. i've had a couple drops, but that's because i tested the distance away from my router i could go while still on a call (front yard, garage, alley behind my house).
    12-13-12 07:01 PM
    I upgraded last weekend and it works great! No problem with the BBID--its a nothing issue. Haven't used the voice calls yet but looking forward to it. It seems to me to work even better than the Previous version (never installed the buggy 7.x ones) and really like the new options.
    BBM has always been a very cool messaging system and great to use. I would love to see other platforms adopt it so that it could be used between different platform systems like What'sApp. I think it is a very positive step for Rim and I agree with the poster who said the timing was right to get our minds off the BB10 wait! I like everyone else, likes "new"!
    As for the negative remarks. Most everyone on these posts, are on here to be of help in one way or another, or to get help-- so let's keep it positive.
    12-13-12 07:18 PM
    I'm a very infrequent poster myself. It doesn't mean we're not loyal or paying attention. It certainly doesn't mean we are trolls when we get frustrated. I myself have been wondering lately exactly what it is that Blackberry people do. Resetting? Wiping? Reinstalling stuff? I've really tried to be loyal, but I really don't have time for that crap.
    nano404, 03_CTD and convenor like this.
    12-13-12 08:02 PM
    People that have family in other countries, like myself, welcome the BBM voice calling feature. It works great and is a hit with all the people I know already! It's NOT just a novelty because you have no purpose for it.
    go1ndr and kraski like this.
    12-13-12 08:18 PM
    I'm a very infrequent poster myself. It doesn't mean we're not loyal or paying attention. It certainly doesn't mean we are trolls when we get frustrated. I myself have been wondering lately exactly what it is that Blackberry people do. Resetting? Wiping? Reinstalling stuff? I've really tried to be loyal, but I really don't have time for that crap.
    I for one appreciate everyone's comments on here as long as they are NOT intentionally meant to bash BB users. The reason there are so many posts on these forums is that BlackBerry was the original SmartPhone and with the onset of smartphones which are nothing more than a computer (some big computers these days) there always comes issues like you have with a PC.

Windows constantly has their Tues morning updates and so does Blackberry. The difference here is that their are a lot of hybrid developers and app developers and beta test people that take their private time (because no one is being paid to do this) on these forums to try and help people have better, faster and easier to use devices.

There is a world of difference in how these devices run between some of the "official" OS's that are released and the hybrids that many like "BL" and "Mecca El" create. Just download one of their Hybrids and watch your phone become a super computer--ok--a super phone!

Someone wipes a phone because there is an issue with it or they want to improve it--they reinstall OS's and apps for the same reason and I for one am very grateful to these men and women that try to help everyone on here. The first time your phone freezes or something happens to it, my guess is this forum willl be the first place you will go for help--and you should. Anyway, its just my 2-cents worth ! My hats off to everyone on here that helps--the people that will take time out of their weekend (like a hybrid builder did for me this past weekend) or their evening at home after work because someone posted on here "HELP". Good luck to you and nice to see you on here.
    DocDRM and kazakoshi like this.
    12-13-12 08:23 PM
    Wow elitist much cause you have over 1200 posts? OP could be a long time visitor but just never posted comments...

I frequent this site often to see what OPINIONS are, sure there are tons or trolls out there, but let's not hate on someone for posting comments that spur a conversation.
    Well, that's the kind of post that makes some react. Instead of reading like "BBM 7 voice not working as expected. Please help." the op is pretty much saying "OMG BBM7 what a disappointment, RIM screws up again, and at the worst of times, OMGOMGOMG"
    12-13-12 08:58 PM
    Mine works great!! You hook up to wifi then call, its simple
    12-13-12 09:05 PM
    This!! I don't have many posts and don't currently use a bb as my daily driver either. I've stalked this forum for years to gain info but, never joined or contributed. There was a time when this sort of thing was frowned upon. Now it's encouraged. While I will admit I rarely had a BlackBerry issue I couldn't resolve (thank you Crackberry) I spent far too much time researching problems with my phone plugged into a computer and simply got discouraged.

It's interesting to see all the members with big post counts out to contribute on this thread after a very similar one was just locked by a mod who couldn't seem to make an efficient point on the matter. There's a certain person very early on in this thread calling out members with low post counts while having absolutely no contribution whatsoever here only a few short months ago and there's another well known member today doing the very same thing on a certain iForum that they are very quick to classify as "trolling" on this forum. WTF is going on here?? Why so defensive??

BBM Voice has obviously touched a nerve with many people and rightfully so. Many of members who have contributed to this thread have argued tooth and nail for the customization, communication and security strengths of BB. Voice is a communication feature that is lacking customization. Considering this is a native feature I should be able to turn this feature on, off, upside down and profile the living **** out of it. This isn't possible and people are upset. Why is this surprising?? How is it possible that many of the most prominent members here who use a BlackBerry for all of it's best features are able to so easily dismiss this oversight? This can't simply be excitement over a new feature.

Btw.....any opinions on the security of this new feature?
    nano404 likes this.
    12-13-12 09:54 PM
    @GLindeque VoIP needs to have a minimum sustained bandwidth on both the upload and the download through the ISP. Is the WAN connection to the ISP DSL? If not what is it and what is your agreed upon upload and download speeds with your provider. Your WAN connection to the Internet will be your choke point, not the WiFi itself. When I was in SA a couple years ago, the quality of the Internet service in Sandton or Pretoria wasn't great. VoIP is only as good as the connections it is using from A to B.
    @Inichols
    Thanks for the head up i will check my Bandwidth, however i am on the fastest ADSL package available.
    12-14-12 12:26 AM
    It sounds like you haven't got it working right on your phone and decided it was easier blaming someone than asking for help.

I actually did post a thread earlier basically asking for help
    12-14-12 12:30 AM
    I downloaded the last BBM version and now don't have BBM. All my contacts gone too, its as if I never had BBM on my phone. When I go to App world it tells me it is installed, but has no option to delete and reload it. Also, I have contacted Blackberry 3 times and they have yet to respond.
    Go Setup --> Options --> Device --> Application Management. Let the list populate, then tap the Blackberry Messenger listing. You'll be on a page with a delete button. After you've deleted, it should ask to do a restart. Do it. If it doesn't ask you to do that, restart anyway. Once you're back up, go to the uninstalled list in MyWorld (inside AppWorld) and reinstall. That plus another reboot should fix it.

And, no, you're not going to see a list of BBM contacts and groups if you can't find BBM to get into it.
    12-14-12 12:59 AM
    can someone pls help me with it. I have been without bbm for 3 days now and its killing me. So my device says I have OS but i cannot find bbm anywhere! i have tried everything LITERALLY nothing seems to be working! PLS HELP!
    12-14-12 01:19 AM
    Heres the thing, you never hear someone saying something works. people only complain when it doesnt, so you need to add that into the mix when taking a wider view.

I quite like BBM Voice, im in the uk and have had convos with people in the US and Canada, but the best one i had was with someone actually underground in one of the london subway stations, as they have wifi down there. apparently got alot of looks as theres no signal for calls down there hahaha
    I live in london too. The best thing about having a blackberry is you can also make and receive calls using UMA/Wifi calling and all the iphone and android users always look stunned. Texts, bbm and all work underground too with wifi. I love blackberry.. Now we got bbm voice too. Lovely!
    GJL likes this.
    12-14-12 01:21 AM
    Go Setup --> Options --> Device --> Application Management. Let the list populate, then tap the Blackberry Messenger listing. You'll be on a page with a delete button. After you've deleted, it should ask to do a restart. Do it. If it doesn't ask you to do that, restart anyway. Once you're back up, go to the uninstalled list in MyWorld (inside AppWorld) and reinstall. That plus another reboot should fix it.

And, no, you're not going to see a list of BBM contacts and groups if you can't find BBM to get into it.
    I had a similar problem to the one mentioned (Originally Posted by 1vertical1 "I downloaded the last BBM version and now don't have BBM. All my contacts gone too, its as if I never had BBM on my phone. When I go to App world it tells me it is installed, but has no option to delete and reload it."). Mine started with installing new OS (7.1.0.794 on my 9810) and having to start BBM from scratch. It logged in using my BBID and all looked good. It then went into an endless period of trying to repopulate my contacts, which it never succeeded in doing. I then tried the solution you describe, in order to remove and then re-install BBM. That's when I ran into the problem of it showing up in App World as installed, but no option to delete. I tried going into Application Management, but it was not there either. I finally found a post that helped. I had to install an old version of BBM (6.2....) from rroyy's website (thank you!!), then upgrade to BBM 7. Now it's working fine. My fear is when I upgrade the OS again in the future (only within the next 47 days of course!), will I get my contacts through BBID or will I have to go through this process all over again? I'm hoping this was just a one-time glitch, as obviously many others have had no problems.

Sorry for the long post - just hoping it may help anyone with a similar problem.
    12-14-12 01:44 AM
    Am I allowed to add "DON'T FEED THE TROLL" to my signature?
    12-14-12 03:08 AM
    Ok nothings wrong with having a lower post count. The problem is when someone has just signed up and they are making negative threads for the benifit of no one- It looks like they signed up just to paint a grim picture. Trolling. Is such a title necessary for simple discussion or help? The common defense is that we are all "allowed to post negative comments too". And yes we are. But when i see some of these people with 2 or 5 posts and they are making threads that are bad news, negative facts, doom and gloom, worst possible time, etc and they are not asking for help regarding it, without ever even coming on and saying something positive?

The OP has since stated legitimate questions and all is fine here.
    NFLPLAYBOOK, go1ndr and GJL like this.
    12-14-12 03:16 AM
    Have had it since Beta, works wonderful. Never had a problem and is 100% clearer/less laggy than Dell Voice.
    12-14-12 08:36 AM
81 1234