01-13-10 04:45 PM
110 ... 345
tools
    Btw, just made my 100th post, woot, woot.
    01-12-10 01:04 PM
    Hey amazing just go to ur neighborhood att store and play with safari or verizon and use the droid browser. Its all the evidence you need to realize that our browser is in the past and needs to be updated. And I think most posters here agree with me except you and few other trolls.
    Lets get a few things straight here.
    1) Troll? Seriously?
    2) I have used the browser on every other phone and to be perfectly honest
    I am as underwhelmed by them as I am with the one on the BB
    3) Did you not notice the part where I said I simply could not care less about
    the browser. If I need a good browser I do something really radical: I turn on
    one of the real computers I have access to.
    01-12-10 01:21 PM
    You shouldn't need a computer is what I have been trying explain but you seem to have a hard time understanding that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 06:16 PM
    Anyone who thinks web browsing on a phone is not important and a cell phone should be used only for phone calls is being short-sighted. I just hope RIM execs don't think like that! And how exactly do you provide proof when predicting the future???

Anyway, does anyone have any idea when we could see leaks of this new browser? I know everyone's saying next summer but is there a chance we could see something before that?
    01-12-10 08:56 PM
    You shouldn't need a computer is what I have been trying explain but you seem to have a hard time understanding that.

I agree with this. Many people are always on the go. Mobile web browsing is extremely useful, and a lot more people use it now. Look at how much smartphone sales have gone up.
    01-12-10 09:34 PM
    Btw, just made my 100th post, woot, woot.
    lol congrats.
    01-12-10 11:08 PM
    I agree with this. Many people are always on the go. Mobile web browsing is extremely useful, and a lot more people use it now. Look at how much smartphone sales have gone up.
    Right on. I visited my son's school web site to check if he had a 2hr delay, and could not because the site was using flash. Found the info on a non-flash site, but the point here is that we basically have mini-computers in our pockets now, and the browser is slowly becoming one of the most important pieces of software that a smartphone has.

I browse the web, text, e-mail, check calandar, twitter, etc... way more than I actually use the phone as a phone. I think it's awesome that we can surf the web from our devices, and I'm sure the browsing experience will continue to improve.

With that said, I think there will always be a market for 3rd party browsers, unless RIM devotes more manpower to their browser development area, and they can keep up with emerging web technologies.
    01-13-10 07:48 AM
    Right on. I visited my son's school web site to check if he had a 2hr delay, and could not because the site was using flash. Found the info on a non-flash site, but the point here is that we basically have mini-computers in our pockets now, and the browser is slowly becoming one of the most important pieces of software that a smartphone has.
    I browse the web, text, e-mail, check calandar, twitter, etc... way more than I actually use the phone as a phone. I think it's awesome that we can surf the web from our devices, and I'm sure the browsing experience will continue to improve.

With that said, I think there will always be a market for 3rd party browsers, unless RIM devotes more manpower to their browser development area, and they can keep up with emerging web technologies.
    Great real world example here!

i believe the Browser is already a major piece of the smartphone platform hence why it is being harped on so much as of late. I bet if some site did a survey on how much the inernet is used on cellelur devices in competition to computers people would be astounded at how much we use our phones as primary internet sources. Now im 100% sure the computer still mops the cell phone in time on a computer compared to a cellulat device. My point is the with all that blah blah said we are on the internet on our phones quite a bit now so i think we deserve a more adequate browser with that said.
    01-13-10 07:54 AM
    The consumers are the businesses. Mostly

01-13-10 03:22 PM
    Rim needs to match up or at least come close to the safari browser on the iphone
    01-13-10 04:45 PM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD