RIM CAPTURED MORE THAN 50 PERCENT OF THE U.S. SMARTPHONE MARKET... WOW!!!

I just read this (Please read it, and place a comment):

Research in Motion Ltd. captured more than 50 percent of the U.S. smartphone market in the second quarter, up sharply from first-quarter levels, according to figures released Monday by technology research firm IDC.

Apple Inc., maker of the iPhone, and Palm Inc. both lost share in the second three months of the year. Research in Motion Ltd. captured more than 50 percent of the U.S. smartphone market in the second quarter, up sharply from first-quarter levels, according to figures released Monday by technology research firm IDC.

Apple Inc., maker of the iPhone, and Palm Inc. both lost share in the second three months of the year.

You can read the rest of the article here:

RIM gains more smartphone share - Wireless - MSNBC.com

As a BB lover, I'm sure find everyone here will find this new interesting. (By the way, it's my first thread, I'm posting from my Curve. Feel like a newbie!!!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Griphon; 09-09-08 at 08:02 PM.
    09-09-08 01:07 AM
    GO RIM! the apple iphone is most likely a good or great phone in its own right but it just cant touch the blackberry (in my humble opinion)
    09-10-08 10:48 PM
    I really don't find that too hard to believe considering everywhere I look I see more and more BBs!
    09-12-08 11:09 PM
    Having used several different smartphones over the years (Treo/Palm, Kyocera (one of my personal favorites, by the way!), HTC, and the Nextel BB, I am not surprised. While the Treo is a fine device it has become - let's just say - somewhat unstable and antiquated. I know that not everyone who uses a smartphone uses it just for business, but it is certainly a major share of the market. And that market wants something that works well, works fast, and, most importantly, works when it is needed. That describes the BB and that defines the reason for this change - IMHO!
    09-16-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD