I had to sign up just to respond to this post. For the record I been using the Blackberry for long time, my job pays and requires me to carry one.
    I do like blackberry a lot and take it over the iphone any time of the day, however the truth of the matter is that we're living in a consumer world, which it doesent matter how good of a product you have if its not user friendly it won't be able to compete. I bought my wife an iphone and she loves it, I can't stand the damn thing and refuse to even use it, but the reality many people prefer the iphone over the Bb and that's the sad truth.. I work with a corporation that has 10K+ employees, and the Bb was the only phone used, now the BB is in the minority, more and more users ask to get other smart phones.. IMHO I think other smart phones have a wealth of apps, and great marketing.. I remember when BB was the king in the smart phone market and they took it for granted, now they're struggle to stay in business.. The big outage that had recently didn't help either. I think for BB would be impossible to become a major player in the smart phone market, as much as I hate to admit it the iphone is preferred over BB but the majority. I do love BB, but I fear they're losing the game. Btw I read an article in yahoo news(yeah I know yahoo news is BS) about 13 companies that will disappear in 2013, and RIM was one of them. I truly hope BB turn this around fast, as they're time is running out.

Wrote this post from my BB Bold.
    06-27-12 08:43 AM
    Seems like with the media today its quantity over quality.

If 10 people told you to jump off a bridge cause its fun its a good idea but if 1 person says you'll die its a bad idea they get ignored.

For all the apple fanbots I think the way he thinks could be applied here too. ios could be argued to be a better platform than BBOS and we are seeing it now in sales. You are sadly misinformed or naive if you think ios even remotely compares to QNX as a platform for the future of mobile computing. Apple is an amazing marketing company, but they also had a great product to market for. We will see the competition catch up and surpass anything apple currently has and they will be forced to make the transition RIM is now making or they will die.

That is quite a stretch especially since Apple has a huge chunk of the PC market and are growing everyday. The problem with RIM is they became stagnant and didn't innovate at all. Their phones remained relatively unchanged for the last 10 years. Every year Apple is innovating new technologies. It has nothing to do with the competition "Catching up" as long as Apple continues to invent new products and revolutionize their old ones their market cap will continue to grow and people will continue to buy. They have their marketing, product development and sales down to a science and as long as they can keep that up Apple will be here for a LONNNNGGGG time, unfortunately I can't say the same for RIM. (Though I hope they get BB10 out soon, for everyone's sake). Don't get me wrong I LOVE my 9900 and Playbook Combo but in the grand scheme of things they just weren't good enough to change RIM's future; I hope, no I pray!, BB10 can fill that void. But bashing on Apple (whom I obviously also Love) will not accomplish anything because it is obvious they are doing great and will do great for a long time to come.
    06-27-12 09:34 AM
    Just my 2 cents its great that people are bickering back and forth that android did this or playbook did that first but a point of distinction I would like to point out is that the Playbook and presumably so will BB10 runs Android apps and multi tasks while doing so. So show me your Android devices whether tablet or phone that run playbook or legacy blackberry apps?? and proof of concept playbook even ran iOS apps can iOS run any other platforms programs?

Why would anyone want to run legacy blackberry apps, the reason the playbook runs android apps is because all of the BB apps SUCK! Finally the playbook is starting to get some decent apps, but that is only becuase the developers first made them for, you guessed it, iOS and Android!! What app on BB would anyone want to run on iOS, iOS already has 500,000 apps, it doesn't need BB's apps. Sorry man but your point is mute, there is no reason for either Android or iOS to run BB apps but BB definitely needs to start building its app library if it wants to stay relevent, even if it has to borrow them from Android or iOS! FACE>!:
    06-27-12 10:27 AM
    Hey QNX/RIM haters!!!

Get over it. Its already too late! QNX is here to stay.

So you compare webos phones/tablets to bb10 platform that hasn't even come out yet? Great logic. How about the fact that palm/HP doesn't/didn't have the current subscriber base RIM has. Or they arent even in embedded markets like RIM is. So you base how a company will do on how forums seem? I hope you are never in charge of any actually important decisions, this is a horrible failure in reasoning.

This may hurt to hear but you most likely drive a car with infotainement powered by QNX, or live in a area with nuclear power plants run on QNX, or have had your life saved by medical equipement that uses QNX. It doesn't matter if the average user even has any remote clue that they are using it. Much like they won't know if their phone does. Ask the average user what cocoa is, or objective-c is, or even iOS. Now RIM is creating a QNX variant that will be enjoyed by millions upon millions. Reading this may get you grumpy, but thats just becuase you might be waking up a little from your apple induced comas.
    Even when i took pains to explain how bringing up WebOS was NOT a comparison of both OSes or even a comparison with RIM's management style, you still regurgitate this drivel...

For the record, I fail to see where anyone on this forum claimed to 'hate' QNX. What people have tried to tell you with stunningly clear common sense was that RIM's success or failure will hang on their ability to deliver a final product that will appeal to consumers, not on whatever wondrous things QNX is doing in nuclear reactors or power plants. For that people are being called silly names like 'QNX haters'

Babbling about 'apple induced coma' is equally hilarious. As it stands today, I have a Galaxy S III, Bold 9900, 16GB Playbook, 2012 iPad and a Galaxy Tab 8.9. My iPhone 4S is awaiting sale somewhere. My gadgets pretty much cover every main mobile OS out there...if i lived in North America i'd get my BB10 device before you. It may sound really COOL to folks like you to whine about apple all day when someone makes a point you don't like, but more often than not it's just plain silly to someone like me who's used 'em all from Symbian, Windows Mobile to iOS, Android and BBOS.

Perhaps I actually am much more critical of RIM than someone like you because of all my gadgets I listed above, it is the premium, flagship BB 9900 that under-performs with abysmal battery life and random lagging/ freezing. Since in my country you can't really have a social life without BBM and BIS, it's in my own interest that RIM gets their act together and deliver a stellar product. Thanks to BBM and social network integration on the BB, it's the device that spends the most time in my hands. Is it really so bad that I am much more interested in how RIM will deliver a cohesive product that will tick all the right boxes than a bragfest about how QNX powers the very air i breathe?

PS: I actually AM in charge of important decisions in my line of work. You aren't?
    Last edited by texazzpete; 06-27-12 at 10:43 AM.
    06-27-12 10:35 AM
    I had to sign up just to respond to this post. For the record I been using the Blackberry for long time, my job pays and requires me to carry one.
    I do like blackberry a lot and take it over the iphone any time of the day, however the truth of the matter is that we're living in a consumer world, which it doesent matter how good of a product you have if its not user friendly it won't be able to compete. I bought my wife an iphone and she loves it, I can't stand the damn thing and refuse to even use it, but the reality many people prefer the iphone over the Bb and that's the sad truth.. I work with a corporation that has 10K+ employees, and the Bb was the only phone used, now the BB is in the minority, more and more users ask to get other smart phones.. IMHO I think other smart phones have a wealth of apps, and great marketing.. I remember when BB was the king in the smart phone market and they took it for granted, now they're struggle to stay in business.. The big outage that had recently didn't help either. I think for BB would be impossible to become a major player in the smart phone market, as much as I hate to admit it the iphone is preferred over BB but the majority. I do love BB, but I fear they're losing the game. Btw I read an article in yahoo news(yeah I know yahoo news is BS) about 13 companies that will disappear in 2013, and RIM was one of them. I truly hope BB turn this around fast, as they're time is running out.

Wrote this post from my BB Bold.
    lol...i bet nokia and yahoo themselves were not on this list. Yahoo is indeed BS.
    06-27-12 10:47 AM
    BB10 will support (in some iteration, hopefully the first) the whole "super app" concept, notifications for applications in the background, etc. All the things we have come to expect from our BlackBerry handhelds. At least that is the current plan.
    Source?

Please, check the Beta Zone. Even the PB project manager doesn't know if background services will be implemented in BB10. Also, a few people have asked a question about background services at BBW/Jam and got indefinite answers bordering with a "No".

So your sources must be much closer to Heins or the main guy who's in charge of BB10 development.
    06-27-12 11:10 AM
    RIM has just gotten so much more formidable

Anyway, it's time for somebody to buy the tidbits of RIM. At half the price of Skype, it should be a decent investment.
    06-28-12 04:34 PM
    I would like to nominate this thread for the "Most Delusional" category in the fanboy hall of fame.
    06-28-12 06:54 PM
    Wake up wake up wake up!!!!! Didn't know it was actually RIM screaming that to themselves.
    06-28-12 08:48 PM
109 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD