11-19-10 07:54 PM
    Having seen the last batch of television spots and the YouTube ads posted a
    couple of months back I'd say this is long overdue.
    11-19-10 08:22 PM
    Way long ago. I wonder where the cash will go?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 09:11 PM
    Funny, I've read more that a few posts praising the new ads.
    11-19-10 09:59 PM
    Not this again...

11-19-10 10:25 PM
    BB ads are awful. You just need to compare them to the droid does comercials. I agree with ag. This was long over due.

11-19-10 11:36 PM
    Umm, you guys do realize it's the publicist group that dropped RIM, not the other way around, right? They see more upside to growing a relationship with Samsung than with RIM. Has zero to do with what anybody thinks of the latest BB ads, but rather I'd say it has everything to do with Samsung and RIM being direct competitors.
    11-19-10 11:45 PM
    Speaking of commercials, do you find those screen simulated depictions bothersome? It's nice that caption's there, but why put those there to begin with? (I'm talking about the simulations, not the captions). Every platform is guilty of this. Interesting we're getting into marketing, as I'm taking an MBA class on Internet Marketing; interesting stuff, so far.

The droid does commercials are cheesy, but they're doing a good job of highlighting points it does have over competitors. The BB ads have to start talking about what they do in a superior manner over the competition. It's not so much they do the same things they do, but what makes them better at it.

The Torch commercial was an example of this. The idea of universal search was already highlighted in a Droid commercial last year. Right now, I'm trying to remember when they highlighted BBM, did they highlight certain points strengthening its appeal. Yeah, with BBM you can keep touch with people, but so can every other messaging app on other platforms. I think they could have touched up on group chatting within BBM. If they did, I missed it.
    11-19-10 11:49 PM
    Give me a break. The amazingly successful businessmen and advertising execs chime in during their down time.

11-20-10 12:10 AM
    Not this again...

Yes, again. Those spots were at best a 4/10
    11-20-10 01:57 PM
    Umm, you guys do realize it's the publicist group that dropped RIM, not the other way around, right? They see more upside to growing a relationship with Samsung than with RIM. Has zero to do with what anybody thinks of the latest BB ads, but rather I'd say it has everything to do with Samsung and RIM being direct competitors.
    Samsung is a direct competitor to every brand pretty much.
    11-20-10 03:08 PM
    BB ads are awful. You just need to compare them to the droid does comercials. I agree with ag. This was long over due.

Bb ads do suck, but I haven't seen any android ones that are much better.

11-21-10 01:55 PM
    I noticed they each have irritating vocals (to me, at least).
    11-21-10 02:08 PM
    The bb ads aren't bad, at least they don't go out of their way to show you how much people like using a competitor's phone like some of those first wp7 adverts did, which seem to have been hurriedly replaced with another version that spells out their point better.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    11-21-10 09:14 PM
    Bb ads do suck, but I haven't seen any android ones that are much better.

LOLWAT

Have you not seen a single one of the Droid commercials? Most notably the original Droid, and recently Droid X? Ridiculous, they had me fooled that they were movie trailers than a phone commercial. These are commercials that stick out and in your head. Droid 2 commercial was decent and eye catching (not to mention that Droid sound at the beginning catches your attention right off the back), as was the other Droid X hotspot commercial.

The Galaxy S commercials were pretty good initially but got old very fast cause they got played...a lot, while the Evo 4G commercial was all about bragging specs...which worked i guess cause they sold a lot of them (i myself had one)

On the flipside, the BlackBerry commercials were genuinely awful. Hurr BBM iz ahhhsum, i kno u red mai mezzage!!! Most consumers dont care about proprietary IM service, and BBM is truly nothing more than glorified SMS.

Torch commercial with the bicyclist was god awful, it focused more on the man than it did the phone, and what they showed on the phone was paltry. The Work and Play commercial was pretty terrible as well, showing only basic features phones have had for awhile now.

I hope they do something much better for the Playbook.
    avt123 likes this.
    11-22-10 06:23 PM
    Speaking of BBM, and Groups, I wonder why people haven't really thought about yahoo, or google groups. I've been using yahoo groups for a long time, and find it a really nice setup. I haven't gotten into Google Groups, myself. Maybe I'll check it out, when I have time.
    11-22-10 06:26 PM
    LOLWAT

Have you not seen a single one of the Droid commercials? Most notably the original Droid, and recently Droid X? Ridiculous, they had me fooled that they were movie trailers than a phone commercial. These are commercials that stick out and in your head. Droid 2 commercial was decent and eye catching (not to mention that Droid sound at the beginning catches your attention right off the back), as was the other Droid X hotspot commercial.

The Galaxy S commercials were pretty good initially but got old very fast cause they got played...a lot, while the Evo 4G commercial was all about bragging specs...which worked i guess cause they sold a lot of them (i myself had one)

On the flipside, the BlackBerry commercials were genuinely awful. Hurr BBM iz ahhhsum, i kno u red mai mezzage!!! Most consumers dont care about proprietary IM service, and BBM is truly nothing more than glorified SMS.

Torch commercial with the bicyclist was god awful, it focused more on the man than it did the phone, and what they showed on the phone was paltry. The Work and Play commercial was pretty terrible as well, showing only basic features phones have had for awhile now.

I hope they do something much better for the Playbook.
    Completely agreed. Verizon made some great commercials for the Droid line.
    11-22-10 06:26 PM
    Only one I've seen is that one where the guy is using it and he turns into a robot, and some crappy sprint Evo 4G ads. Granted, I don't watch much TV.

11-22-10 06:54 PM
    $200M? Why bother... all RIM needs to do is give out a few latest phones on CB forum for creative entries I am sure they will be flooded with with entries with concepts, ideas and videos. If we the consumer thinks its a good idea or catchy so may others...
    11-23-10 01:30 AM
    I completely disagree. I don't think the Droid commercials do anything at all for selling more phones. Nobody buys a Droid because they see that commercial. They buy it because someone told them to or "what is this droid I've been hearing about". The people I know that have a Droid have never had a smartphone before and so they know nothing of them. They don't know what it can do or what the difference between Android and Droid phones even is. People hear the sound at the END of the commercial and somebody says "I love my Droid" and then the ad starts. Same goes for BB.

11-23-10 12:18 PM
    The commercials aren't a causation, but a strong correlation to the propensity to make a given purchase. Over time, I was intrigued by Android's capabilities. What I can say about the diverse set of Android commercials is, the more I hear about how capable it is, the more I'm intrigued. So, I walk into a Verizon store, and I store toying with the phones on display. I, then, realized I could seriously get the hang of this. I spent subsequent days trying to get a better feel for Android by playing with the Droid 2, X, and Incredible.

The commercials didn't make me buy the device I have now, but they gave me a strong impression to really consider it.
    11-23-10 01:16 PM

LOL. The Moby Dikk commercial is cool... Has anyone seen the Microsoft commercial (the kid that chucks the ball at his dad�s head) � now THAT is hilarious!
    11-23-10 05:29 PM
    Way long ago. I wonder where the cash will go?

hopefully spent on playing catch up with other phones ...aka torch running 3 year old tech! lol
    11-25-10 10:39 PM
    Droid commercials are just as lame..be realistic. The majority were aimed at males (late teens, early 20's)..because I can pretty much guarantee the female populace doesnt give two hoots about robots. Wow..my arm turns into a robotic appendage while i'm texting! Woot! And those new Mytouch 4G commercials are a direct ripoff to Mac vs Windows a few years back. Lame. They're all lame..including BB's.
    11-26-10 08:06 AM
    hopefully spent on playing catch up with other phones ...aka torch running 3 year old tech! lol
    Yep, a Bold keyboard with a Storm screen on top...
    11-26-10 08:10 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD