After today, looks like this could be a real possibility for RIM
    06-29-12 10:08 PM
    Samsung. They make handsets people want to buy. Their marketshare is on an upward arc so they are not in any immediate trouble, and can take the time to ensure the QNX OS is perfected. And they will be able to launch something totally their own down the road when they must inevitably part ways with Android if they want to truly be masters of their own destiny.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 11:09 PM
    Samsung. They make handsets people want to buy. Their marketshare is on an upward arc so they are not in any immediate trouble, and can take the time to ensure the QNX OS is perfected. And they will be able to launch something totally their own down the road when they must inevitably part ways with Android if they want to truly be masters of their own destiny.

Android is open source. They can just fork it and have their own OS.
    06-30-12 07:35 PM

Samsung will want a backup plan to Android. I can see this being that plan. It's pocket change for the whole she-bang for them.
    06-30-12 07:39 PM
    If they were to keep BB10 then I would stay, but if it is a device running Windows 8 or any OS with Windows in the name, I would be switching to Samsung or Apple at next upgrade. I don't run MS at home (other than kids xbox360) and I don't want to carry it with me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    ADGrant likes this.
    06-30-12 07:48 PM
    If this were to happen there would be no RIM the Canadian Company that changed the world. It would be all the patents the can scoop up and all BlackBerry phones you end up being a side note like "The Zune" was.
    With that being said RIM needs to do something or the will be gone. Between the Apple virus spreading and the media killing them off something must be done.
    06-30-12 08:08 PM
    If they were to keep BB10 then I would stay, but if it is a device running Windows 8 or any OS with Windows in the name, I would be switching to Samsung or Apple at next upgrade. I don't run MS at home (other than kids xbox360) and I don't want to carry it with me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    I agree completely. I won't spend my own money on anything from Microsoft.
    06-30-12 09:18 PM
    Microsoft/RIM partnership would be a slam dunk. There's your business world market right there. All I want is a BlackBerry with a KB. I don't want an itoy or an Android.
    06-30-12 09:25 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD