I am a gadget freak. Love all gadgets and I tend to be an early adopter. When the Nexus 7 was announced I jumped on board to get me that shiny new gizmo. After that the issues began when trying to reach Google Play Customer service. I needed to make a change and of course I went through their phone system, to avoid any long threads of email and ensuring my situation was addressed correctly. Not a chance. I spent most of this week trying to get through to them with hold times of 1 hour the first day, 10-30 mins other days. Finally decided that if this is what I can come to expect from Google Play Support, it's def not where I want to spend my money.

Chances are good I won't need any help with the software side of things. But what if something was wrong the unit that I received? When would I be able to reach out to Google Play Support? I don't have all day sit around waiting for them.

I have had to deal with RIM support only a handful of times and neither time did I need to wait on the phone for longer than say five mins and I think that is pushing the limits. For a company as large as google to make customer wait well over an hour or even 30 mins, is ridiculous. I've worked in a call center myself so I know how it can get. Yet, I don't recall ever having customers waiting longer than 30 mins and that was during network outages only.

So for the time being, while I may want the N7, not need it. I will be sticking to my Playbook even longer. I will admit I was ready to drop it after the talk about no BB10, but given the alternative (iPad is not an alternative), I think I will continue enjoying my PB as is.

After 4 days of me emailing them (emailed the second day I held for 30 mins) I decided to instead email them and cancel my order, I finally got my cancelation notice had been accepted.
    07-13-12 09:21 AM
    #teamblackberry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-13-12 10:04 AM
    I've never had as smooth an experience as I have with RIM customer support. From the time I called about an issue about my playbook, to the time I got it back from rma was about 8 or 9 days. By far the best I have ever experienced.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 Alpha Prime Hybrid using CrackBerry via Tapatalk
    07-13-12 11:12 AM
    I've never had as smooth an experience as I have with RIM customer support. From the time I called about an issue about my playbook, to the time I got it back from rma was about 8 or 9 days. By far the best I have ever experienced.

I only had to contact them twice and each time I had little to no hold time and everything was resolved on my first call, the way it should be. I have to agree.

I know that Apple gets tons of accolades for their excellent customer service, I can tell you from experience that they are not as great as they claim to be. They may have gotten better over the years, but the few times I had to deal with them even at store level it was awful. H3ll the last time I was in a store to buy something they would not help me uNLESS I signed into one of their computers, enter my name etc. Even though the agent was right there. I walked out. Told my other half they could get their iPhone on their own.

Seriously can you believe turning away sale simply cause you aren't signed in???? Anyways. +10000000000 for RIM for not letting us down with customer support, now if their engineers could get the ball rolling for BB10 we'd all be dancing naked on the streets
    07-13-12 03:22 PM
    I only had to contact them twice and each time I had little to no hold time and everything was resolved on my first call, the way it should be. I have to agree.

I know that Apple gets tons of accolades for their excellent customer service, I can tell you from experience that they are not as great as they claim to be. They may have gotten better over the years, but the few times I had to deal with them even at store level it was awful. H3ll the last time I was in a store to buy something they would not help me uNLESS I signed into one of their computers, enter my name etc. Even though the agent was right there. I walked out. Told my other half they could get their iPhone on their own.

Seriously can you believe turning away sale simply cause you aren't signed in???? Anyways. +10000000000 for RIM for not letting us down with customer support, now if their engineers could get the ball rolling for BB10 we'd all be dancing naked on the streets

well, i dont know about the dancing naked in the streets part :s but I do think I'm going to dance a jig as I hit the order button on my new bb10 *nods*

mud314 likes this.
    07-13-12 03:37 PM
    Google and customer service don't mesh together well. This was the same issue they had when they put the Google branded handsets out. Who is providing support? How can I contact them.

We used to use their SPAM filtering service Postini, until one day when the service went down and there was no way to contact any support. They were actually hanging up on many calls that did get through. They didn't put out a notification, a warning or an update about the service for about 10 hours. That's a long time to have your email held hostage. By the time we gave up and started changing our MX records, it finally came back but had we been informed, we could have saved a lot of time, money and effort. They lost a lot of customers that day...
    07-13-12 03:40 PM
    TheScionicMan, thanks for that input, I was considering signing up for Postini, we have only a small company and already we are starting to see a few spam emails getting through. You are right a ten hour delay to update customers is ridiculous for any company.

Guess we are old fashioned and still remember what customer service is and should be all about.
    07-14-12 05:07 PM
    I agree that rim's customer service is high quality too. I had to call them once due to a pb hardware problem.

Have you ever called Canon customer service though? It's even better.
    07-14-12 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD