Just wondering what everyone thinks of the rumors that Microsoft may buy out rim to be able to compete better with google and apple. With rims stock so low I can see them being a buyout target. Also, anyone know if the current sales of these new os7 devices will be on the quarter they are getting ready to report on next month? And is this next quarter supposed to be better than their last?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    08-18-11 10:45 AM
    Since we are talking about RIM as a company then I believe this current quarter will be better than the last.

Now if we are talking RIM as a company that ONLY sells their Blackberry's (and not the other products they offer) in NA than this current quarter will be better BUT RIM is quite successful around the globe.
    08-18-11 12:33 PM
    Just wondering what everyone thinks of the rumors that Microsoft may buy out rim to be able to compete better with google and apple. With rims stock so low I can see them being a buyout target
    I don't think this is how it works. If RIM is worth $100 dollars, Google can't just come around and throw $100 at the company and buy it. M&J aren't going to give up their company for any sort of reasonable offer. They aren't just thinking about their bank accounts, their pride is on the line as well.
    08-18-11 01:08 PM
    If Microsoft were to control RIMM, the BlackBerry would likely be cloud based because that is the direction MS is going in for all it's products, that puts me out of the game.
    08-18-11 01:17 PM
    I'm pretty sure (or at least hope) the governement of canada wouldn't let an american company buy out RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 09:10 PM
    Can the Canadian government prevent it if RIM is willing to sell?
    I don't think RIM wants to sell, so even if Microsoft DID want to do this, it couldn't happen.
    08-18-11 09:51 PM
    Can the Canadian government prevent it if RIM is willing to sell?
    I don't think RIM wants to sell, so even if Microsoft DID want to do this, it couldn't happen.
    Yes they can prevent the sale, especially seeing as RIM holds encryption technology which is protected technology under national defense.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    08-18-11 09:54 PM
    Yes they can prevent the sale, especially seeing as RIM holds encryption technology which is protected technology under national defense.
    Ah, right, government secrets and encryption. Gotcha.
    And then Canada has some thing where the government prevents the sale of assets to don't they?
    08-18-11 09:58 PM
    I couldn't see rim coming anywhere close to selling. A company with that much money in the bank and virtually no debt doesn't need to sell anytime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    08-18-11 10:07 PM
    Not only that, but Jim and Mike hold controlling shares. Someone can't just come along and buy RIM without Jim and Mike agreeing to it.
    08-18-11 11:13 PM
    Not only that, but Jim and Mike hold controlling shares. Someone can't just come along and buy RIM without Jim and Mike agreeing to it.
    My though exactly. I can't see them selling to Microsoft.
    08-18-11 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD