Blackberry will continue to go down the tubes if RIM operates like this. Its taking them years to release Blackberry 10, a software that is already behind current phones. They don't even have an actually phone to go with it (they call it Blackberry 10 developer device or whatever). Blackberry smartphones are severely lacking compared to others and then theres the playbook...i mean when will there be a Playbook 2 or a replacement? Other companies release tablets monthly and yearly...I guess RIM thinks the Playbook will be good for 10 years. They clearly don't understand product life cycles because they release phones with the same specs and same design as their predecessors. As a former Blackberry user, i believe RIM has no clue what they are doing and i don't even know how they are still in business.
    06-11-12 09:11 AM
    Blackberry QNX software is behind current phones? News to me.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    06-11-12 09:14 AM
    I like it like this. I like reading reading and replying to topics by disgruntled posters like you.
    06-11-12 09:15 AM
    -BB10 has taken years to create an entirely new OS with a brand new user interface, AND get a number of third party apps into that environment.

-what makes BB10 behind current smartphones?

-There is a playbook 2 (and a 10" version) that are being shopped around and the 4G pb has gone through the FCC already.

-The Playbook is selling better now than it did when it was new. Why would RIM pull it when they can burn through their remaining stock?

-Releasing products monthly has led to severe fragmentation in Android (their new OS is on only a SMALL fraction of their devices) and makes it difficult to support. Google does not have to support the hardware, RIM does.

-Your ideas are noted, but don't actually portray the current situation very well.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    06-11-12 09:15 AM
    I'm CLUELESS on how to respond to this.
    "do you live under a rock ?" In short, I guess it'll fit.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    06-11-12 09:16 AM
    Welcome dumb and dumber
    06-11-12 09:18 AM
    Hello everyone,

I don't think they are clueless--I think they are behind and struggling.

However, I don't think that means they are done. I think they've got another chance with BB10, and we will all see if they can capitalize on it or not.

KAM
    sleepngbear and Tre Lawrence like this.
    06-11-12 09:20 AM
    Just what I needed today. Another thread from some random person rambling on how RIM is doing. WE GET IT!!! Try saying something CONSTRUCTIVE for a change.
    BB10FTW and Speedygi like this.
    06-11-12 09:29 AM
    This is getting so old.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    06-11-12 09:38 AM
    Im really glad I read this thread. For awhile i actually thought RIM would succeed but, boy was I wrong. RIM is obviously out of their league, QNX is complete garbage and is way to far behind the competition. iOS owns the industrial mobile computing market such as nuclear facilities and jet control systems. Android is in almost every car on the planet and Windows Phone 7 is what controls every major cash register in the world........QNX does nothing, it has no experience and RIM will fail. I want a new tablet monthly! I don't see how RIM could screw up not releasing a tablet a month. Also my 9900 is EXACTLY like my 9700 I do not notice a single difference. RIM is pathetic and you know what they should fail, they fail to meet my ridiculous standards that everyone else on the planet meets but them.

Crash and Burn RIM, Crash and Burn.
    Barljo likes this.
    06-11-12 09:43 AM
    Im really glad [...] Crash and Burn.
    Do you realize I've mentally killed you the time I read the whole sentence and remember your nick ?

Mouhahahahahahahaha you got me.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    06-11-12 09:48 AM
    I like this thread. 3 infractions/warnings and a ban for pure trolling in the first 11 posts but it has to close before someone else gets banned.
    06-11-12 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD