2) I am not a small shareholder. I'll bet you don't make in a single year what I own in RIM. I'll bet you $10,000 that this is true - no joke.
    3) Yes, I am a senior leader in a company much larger than RIM so they should listen to me.
    And the snotty, arrogant,full-of-themselves award for Dec 21st 2012 goes to...
    simu31, Snap51, BThunderW and 3 others like this.
    12-21-12 08:30 PM
    So much garbage in your post - let me recap:.
    You really shouldn't have bothered.
    1) RIM knows it has a problem - this is one of the reasons they were on BNN, Bloomberg and CNBC post the call. They "get" my concerns and have provided a half-baked response. You, on the other hand, think that everything is great...ignorance is bliss.
    NOWHERE did I say that everything was great. For somebody who supposedly is a "senior leader" (whatever that means in English, although I believe they're called: "managers" amougst the humans) in a "much larger company than RIM", you don't seem to be able to read very well.
    2) I am not a small shareholder. I'll bet you don't make in a single year what I own in RIM. I'll bet you $10,000 that this is true - no joke.
    Words, just words
    3) Yes, I am a senior leader in a company much larger than RIM so they should listen to me.
    Prove it... Oh you can't. So I'll say it again. Words, just words.
    4) I am not shouting, I am writing - the note is not childish, it is clear and direct.
    It's generally understood by those of us who are computer literate, that PUTTING WORDS IN CAPITALS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING. And I disagree, it is childish and for someone who supposedly owns so much of RIM, you should know that the place for you to whine is at the annual shareholders meeting where someone from RIM might be listening, not on a fan site.
    No joke about the bet, by the way. The problem with these forums is some of you hobos get involved in dialogues you should just ignore. I'd suggest you stare at the clock counting down the seconds to BB10 - you will have more to contribute watching that.
    John, you don't know me from Adam. The same as I don't care who you are pretending to be this week. I'm definitately not a "hobo" (I have a very nice home, thank you very much), and your suggestion to stare at a countdown clock, although not helpful to a conversation, pretty ignorant, and basically a childish insult, I don't think the company I work for would agree to me doing only that with my time. Although I guess I could suggest it.

Don't bother replying to this John. I really don't care to carry on a conversation past this point with someone who believes that insults are a way forward in life.

Si.
    12-21-12 08:30 PM
    The thing that peeves me most about RIM, and it's something that any largish corporation should have dozens of, is that every time Heins speaks they have to spend the next three days CLARIFYING his statements. He needs a minder or 10. And decent PR. The man's a walking dictionary killer!
    anon3969612 likes this.
    12-21-12 08:34 PM
    I disagree, Thor could not have been more clear about service revenues(RIM CEO: Service Revenue in Place, Not Going Away). CNBC and the other hedge fund puppet networks don't want to hear the facts . The fact is RIM beat ER two Q in a row while Analysts were "thinking" and "believeing" in the grinch.Even Goldman thinks market decline was overdone

RIM (RIMM) Service Revenue Will Decline, Not Disappear Stresses Goldman

Shares of RIM (NASDAQ: RIMM) declined this morning on fears related to changes in its service revenue model for BB10. Goldman Sachs believes the decline is a result of "misunderstanding". Analysts expect it to decline, not disappear.

"Importantly, we believe there may be a misunderstanding that as a result of the move to BB10, all of RIM's services revenues are at risk. Rather, we believe its current installed base will not be affected by the different BB10 pricing structure, though it will continue to be impacted by competition," said analyst Simona Jankowski.

New consumers who purchase a BB10 device are not likely to pay a service fee, but importantly, existing customer will. New enterprise subscribers would probably pay some level of service fee, though plans will be tiered and APRU could declined. New BB7 subscriber will pay service fees, noted the analyst report.

A second point worth noting is increased carrier support for BB10, seen by some on Wall Street as a trade-off for lower service fees.

"Importantly, RIM noted that BB10 is now in technical acceptance programs with over 150 carriers, up from 50 carriers about three months ago," said Jankowski.

Jankowski thinks there is a 30 percent probability of a "bull case" for Research In Motion. In this scenario, RIM stock would be worth $30 per share.

Goldman Sachs has a Buy rating on RIM with a modified price target of $17.00 (from $16.00).
    UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on Research In Motion Limited | Benzinga
    morganplus8, jakie55 and mk2234 like this.
    12-21-12 08:51 PM
    RIM is responsible to its long term shareholders and not the traders of the stock. Jan 30 is the day the information is going to come out. Stated a long time ago. If the traders missed that they have themselves to blame. A pull back in the stock was to be expected!
    Teared service plans are the norm in Asia Pacific already! RIM has experience in this area and know what their doing.
    If you wanted to buy RIM on the way up, you now have your chance. I suspect like the last drop it won't last long though.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    12-21-12 09:28 PM
    I have no idea why people are panicking over this drop caused by "lower subscription". The way I look at it its just a temporary issue due to loss of full BIS plans being subscribed. Its not like RIM's BIS revenues just got cut off, it will lower significantly but its always on profit for RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-21-12 10:33 PM
    Mitt? Mitt Romney? Is that you?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-21-12 10:54 PM
    Meh, I am long RIMM. But looking back this stock was due for a correction, should have sold but didnt. On the weekly chart it has been above the upper Bolinger Band for a couple of weeks. It needed to come back down so it can run up again.

Anyways, RIM is doing fine, quit your bitchin.
    jakie55 and BThunderW like this.
    12-22-12 12:55 AM
    Come on folks, I am sure the gentleman is not the only one freaking out with the crazy ups and downs in the RIM stock price.
    At this point in time, the stocks are going to be volatile based on the whims of the market because the simple fact of the matter is that they have not yet released bb10 and are going through an xmas period with old hardware that meant that the stock doubling in price in recent weeks had as little basis in reality as it dropping as low as it did in the first place.
    12-22-12 03:30 AM
    A 20% decline in the stock price sends a very bad signal to stakeholders. They will rightfully ask, "why invest / develop now? Let's see if they are around in 12 mos before I do that." Problem is that everyone will be waiting for everyone else. RIM's rising stock price was a positive signal - this morning, Thor referred to the rising stock price as investors rising confidence in BB10. So Thor, how is everyone suppose to interpret a 20% decline in a single day? Thor, you failed to stop the bleeding - you were not specific and you have not earned the privilege of being vague (i.e. 'licensing our mobile computing platform to others'). What must you do?

1) Hold an analyst day and explain the numbers to people. Help them make knowledgable projections. Show them how MDM revenues and higher ASPs will offset declining service revenues.
    2) Announce new services - if you are doing something with the autos, now is he time to tell people. (The QNX stuff doesn't count - you hardly get paid for that)
    3) Recruit more investors. Why have you been unable to win back David Einhorn?
    4) Fire your Head of IR. That incompetent moron hasn't got back to me eventhough I made a request 24 months ago.

Thor, you risk underperforming if you do not actively manage sentiment.

Kevin, UMI's piece on service revenues sucked. All he said was "this is a problem I have been worrying about". Thanks for that Chris. Let's get some number crunchers on this forum who can explain what is really going on here. Goldman and Bernstein think the market is overreacting - let's get someone who can show (using numbers) why this is the case.

Happy holidays everyone!
    Are you this John Arnold?
    John D. Arnold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    12-22-12 07:29 AM
    Maybe he's like Ben Treynor.
    12-22-12 07:35 AM
    Man some of you really need to spend time in 5K for awhile. blah blah blah
    12-22-12 07:41 AM
    What must Thor do?

1) Release an awesome product
    2) Profit
    if that is the plan i may as well buy a windows phone now.

rim have a lot of hard work to do. bb10 is only a tiny part of it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-22-12 08:33 AM
    Dude, wait, didn't apples stock also decline like that?

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    12-22-12 08:41 AM
    That's an interesting theory. Let me know how well RIM does without an "awesome phone".

if that is the plan i may as well buy a windows phone now.

rim have a lot of hard work to do. bb10 is only a tiny part of it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-22-12 08:41 AM
    Symptoms of Histrionic Personality Disorder

A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
    Is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
    Displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
    Consistently*uses physical appearance to draw attention*to themself
    Has a style of speech that is*excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
    Shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
    Is highly suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
    Considers*relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Blacklatino and jakie55 like this.
    12-22-12 09:42 AM
    And the snotty, arrogant,full-of-themselves award for Dec 21st 2012 goes to...
    Mitt? Mitt Romney? Is that you?
    Maybe he's like Ben Treynor.
    Vic?....Vic Alboini? Is that you? Did they let you on the computer again?
    The sport of deriding the deranged has no place on CrackBerry. Closing before it gets seriously out of hand.
    Plazmic Flame and Cesare21 like this.
    12-22-12 10:08 AM
42 12