01-25-13 09:17 AM
    I tell you what...RIM is is jacked up. I mean this is a good way. They are confident and determined to be the BEST, not settling for 3rd place.

This attitude makes me believe even more in RIM delivering an awesome product with the BB10 OS.
    BBNation, moonfalle, drum and 9 others like this.
    01-25-13 09:20 AM
    "Never ever cook a dinner with the same recipe again. You always have to add something new and I think that's the key learning that we have from our history,"
    I like this from Heins. A new leader who has learned from the company's previous complacency and mistakes. I can't imagine what BB11 will look like :P
    01-25-13 09:21 AM
    I like this from Heins. A new leader who has learned from the company's previous complacency and mistakes. I can't imagine what BB11 will look like :P
    It will look like BB10 with an extra ingredient.
    01-25-13 09:27 AM
    Research in Motion CEO Thorsten Heins defended the future of his company just ahead of the launch of the new BlackBerry 10operating system and handsets, saying he expects his critics to back down as the group re-establishes itself.

"I'm very confident that we will do the Muhammad Ali thing in round 8�Wednesday is round 8," he said, referring to the launch of the company's Blackberry 10 operating system on Jan. 30. Ali won a historic boxing event by knocking his challenger out in the eighth round.

RIM has lost markets share to Apple and Samsung in recent years, with even business customers � once the group's core client base � turning their backs on the company. Heins, who took over a year ago, said the company has learnt from its mistakes.

"Innovation moves so fast that you cannot get into 'innovator's dilemma' and that is what happened to us a little bit. We had a huge recipe for success in enterprises, and technology moves on, it moves on faster and faster," he said at a CNBC-moderated debate at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

"Never ever cook a dinner with the same recipe again. You always have to add something new and I think that's the key learning that we have from our history," Heins said. He said the group decided to build a new platform that was ready for more mobile computing.

"This industry is not at the end of its growth, it's actually entering a whole new phase. If we move from mobile communication to mobile computing, that will enable so many new businesses, so many new different ways of how to work and interact�That's a whole new industry wave," he said. "At the end we will be a leader in driving this market towards mobile computing."

Apps, he said, were "stuff from yesterday". Apple has dominated the apps market in recent years. "Apps is today, mobile computing and services that really enhance your life�that's the future."
    01-25-13 09:30 AM
    "Apps is today, mobile computing and services that really enhance your life…that's the future." Thorsten Heins

This is what we need from our mobile leader heading into the future, don't try and be like everyone else just do something different and relevant for your everyday life to get things done!
    BB10 on the rise!
    01-25-13 09:36 AM
    "...Apps, he said, were "stuff from yesterday". Apple has dominated the apps market in recent years.
    "Apps is today, mobile computing and services that really enhance your life…that's the future."..."

Oh Snap.
    01-25-13 09:47 AM
    IMPRESSIVE.......I LIKE this guy
    01-25-13 10:14 AM
    The thing i like about what they are doing is instead of going along with the whole "we got an app for that" mentality they are trying to build these services into the phone. So its more "we dont need an app for that we do it out of the box" I think all phones/tablet companies should be aiming for that.
    THBW, EsJayDee, cjcampbell and 4 others like this.
    01-25-13 10:15 AM
    Did you guys see the comments in the article. One guy posted (who was not a fan) said they have 4 being used for training. He comments that Z10 has a "quad core krait". I thought the Z10 has dual core? Error or surprise at Jan 30?
    01-25-13 10:57 AM
    Did you guys see the comments in the article. One guy posted (who was not a fan) said they have 4 being used for training. He comments that Z10 has a "quad core krait". I thought the Z10 has dual core? Error or surprise at Jan 30?
    It's going to be dual core. And that's not a bad thing. That's all it needs.
    19GhostRider71 likes this.
    01-25-13 11:04 AM
    I guess Thor is stepping things up and talking the talk. The tone of confidence is great for us Crackberrians, but that's also a knife sharpening call for the haters.

I do agree with him though, the idea of App for this and App for that can be very exhausting. Integrated Apps. Dare I even say it, synergized apps is the next thing.
    01-25-13 11:04 AM
    Interesting. Looks like that comment has been removed (at least when I look at the article there's only four comments and that's not one). Perhaps there is truth to this and the NDA police had the guy delete the comment.
    01-25-13 11:07 AM
    Hi Jonty,

Sorry it was my mistake..it was a different article I was referring to. I will look for it.
    01-25-13 11:17 AM
    It's going to be dual core. And that's not a bad thing. That's all it needs.
    It maybe all it needs but sadly normal consumers dont understand this. Im just happy they arent putting in unnecessary hardware and pushing the price up. Give the phone the hardware it needs and keep the price reasonable. I think the world has gotten a bit carried away with specs and not actual performance.
    01-25-13 11:56 AM
    ali bomaye! heins bomaye!
    01-25-13 12:44 PM
    YEAH T!!! BRING THE NOISE! LOUD & PROUD! @ Houshinto, I agree that this BOLD statement may provoke some others to hone their OS's somewhat, I firmly believe that "The 10" will stand up to the challenge. This is a 1st gen. OS and will be remarkably spectacular come 3rd or 4th gen. Although the game will have evolved by then and the other players will have caught on. IMO this is the best thing for the "mobile computing" industry, in its infancy. It forces change. Yes, RIM faces some steep competition, if they want to compete with the Note 3,( just a guess that this is the big dog) I'm hoping RIM is "in it to win it!" and won't settle for 3rd or even 2nd. If they can keep the "innovation kettle" on boil for a little while here, they might just pull it off! GO RIM!
    Last edited by rigwrecker; 01-25-13 at 01:39 PM.
    01-25-13 01:26 PM
    Classic Line from the Movie!

That being said, this is the type of swagger that I like to See!!!
    416to604 and BB_Bmore like this.
    01-25-13 01:34 PM
    "Down goes Frazier"!!! "Down goes Frazier"!!!!! "Down goes Frazier"!!!!! "Down goes Frazier"!!!!!
    01-25-13 01:54 PM
    I love this guy. He's either tech's best trash-talker or the biggest stealth killer of giants since Jack Tramiel. Either way, you've gotta love him.
    Jack Fate likes this.
    01-25-13 01:57 PM
    Heins has a point. There's only so much that apps can do to make your life easier. You gotta innovate the platform as a whole and that's what RIM is doing. Its amazing how Android and Apple continue to make so much money with hardly any innovation, its like a cash cow. One of the analysts said theres nothing Apple or Google can do in the short term about what BB10 is bringing. True and unless Apple and Google get there act together and stop being complacent they'll be going down like RIM was.
    rigwrecker and THBW like this.
    01-25-13 02:08 PM
    IMPRESSIVE.......I LIKE this guy
    no kidding, hes a top notch CEO, take his example Tim Cook, you're no Steve Jobs and could use a hand
    01-25-13 02:40 PM
    Winner!
    01-25-13 03:09 PM
    Aight.....I'm just gonna say it. I hear a lot of talking from this man and I sincerely hope he's gonna walk the walk when it comes time cause we've heard a lot of this from the co-CEO's as well. I'm gonna go out on a limb one last time and say that I really believe RIM has some great stuff up their sleeves for the 30th announcement. My hopes are very high and hope RIM doesn't let people down.
    thekidshop and EsJayDee like this.
    01-25-13 03:12 PM
    I am REALLY curious to see what Thor's vision feels like, in hand, live. I will be putting my Z10 through its paces the instant I get it home.
    I'm looking to the BB that can make me put my SGIII in my bag.
    01-25-13 03:18 PM
37 12