As long as Thorsten Heins and the rest of BlackBerry People believe in the company, that's all that matters. People can say what they want, but there is something BIGGER AND BETTER coming! There are many trends, and once BB10 arrives, many people will follow that trend.

-Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9650
    06-06-12 03:51 PM
    Will RIM keep selling OS 7.0 devices as well as BB10 when it's released?
    Yes, though on the consumer side in the US market it's days will be numbered once there is a Bold form factor BB10 phone, in my opinion. But Curve (low cost) models might persist a while as well.
    06-06-12 04:21 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if prepaid MNVO's like Boost and Virgin continue selling the OS7 devices.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    06-06-12 04:30 PM
    My understanding is that they will continue to sell BB7 phones to fill out the product line while they gradually roll out BB10 models. BB10 will initially be the top-of-the-line offerings, with BB7 models covering the mid- to low-end market. If I had to guess, I'd say it will be about a two-year transition period before they have a complete product line on BB10. Not sure how long after that they'll continue selling the BB7's. I'm pretty sure the end-game is to get everything on BB10 at some point, but BB7's will be around for the foreseeable future.
    06-06-12 04:34 PM
    I'm pretty sure the end-game is to get everything on BB10 at some point, but BB7's will be around for the foreseeable future.
    I agree. I hope that RIM will be honest with developers about exactly how many sales each quarter are BB10 versus BB7.
    06-06-12 06:25 PM

This is where I stopped taking this writer for a serious analyst. Whenever a writer uses over the top
    rhetoric such as this you know their agenda.
    Yeah, I knew GOD would somehow be connected to the downfall or RIM.
    Here we go again.....with the Media.
    Yeah, it was always easier to "pile on" as a kid when the runner was already down. LOL. As far as the media's over-the-top stories, a half-truth is still a full lie. Hang in there, RIM. You make it; I'll buy it.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-06-12 at 06:53 PM.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-06-12 06:51 PM
    BB10 is RIM's last hope. They're betting everything on it. If it flops, then it's worst-case scenario, and it will be a matter of what pieces somebody else wants to salvage and what ends up in the scrap bin. But I think it's a foregone conclusion that as BB10 goes, so goes RIM as we know it. What matters most in the short term is how good a sales job Mr. Heins does with the board and major shareholders. For the long term, it's simply how well BB10 lives up to its promise AND how well it is received by consumers.
    Yeah. I agree.
    Looking back throughout the history of RIM(Research In Motion), I truly believe that the BB10 devices will be totally awesome- especially as we look in our drawer at the various BlackBerries we've purchased thru the years. There is a sense of pride in being a part of the progressive BlackBerry movement. Unfortunately, the consumer's loss-of-confidence didn't start and won't end with us. It's convincing the public that they (RIM) will be around, and are worth taking a chance on buying a touch-screen BlackBerry as opposed to getting an iPhone or an Android.
    06-06-12 07:13 PM
    Yeah, I knew GOD would somehow be connected to the downfall or RIM.
    Here we go again.....with the Media.
    Yeah, it was always easier to "pile on" as a kid when the runner was already down. LOL. As far as the media's over-the-top stories, a half-truth is still a full lie. Hang in there, RIM. You make it; I'll buy it.
    I'm with you with one caveat: Make it with a physical keyboard and I'll buy it
    Blacklatino and jafobabe like this.
    06-06-12 07:29 PM
    I think BB10 is coming in Oct/2012
    06-06-12 08:50 PM
    Thorsten is doing the right thing. Idiots just don't understand what a company is and how many jobs would be put at risk.

Let RIM be as it is, they won't be anybody else. They are unique.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    06-07-12 05:56 AM
    I love the great journalism. In the past 5-6 months, I have read nothing but top notch pieces on RIM & the Blackberry brand. OK... I just threw up in my mouth a little as I typed that out. How do these people get away with printing such trash? Broad sweeping generalizations, half truths, rumours, with nothing on "the backside" as to how they came about these conclusions. Congratulations! you can read! good job! Now, do more than just trash talk, do your job. Fact find, go a little further than the average nine year old. Maybe find out some "stuff" for yourself. I dunno, it's a thought??? ANYONE can regurgitate what someone else has already said, but if it was sh!te to begin with, guess what is going to come around the second, third, fourth times? I'll give you three guesses, and the first two don't count!
    I have seen so few well written articles on the BB brand in the recent past, that it makes me sick. Not that I am some literature genius, or even have a university degree for that matter, but I know what sh!t smells like. For "ALL THE MARBLES"... EVERYONE knew that it was going to get worse before it gets better. I can't say that's a direct quote from Thorston, because I'M LAZY.
    As far as "biblical adversity" wow! Is the sky falling? Have the seas parted? Don't get me wrong, when Thorsten & RIM pull this thing off, it will be one of the great comeback stories, as the like of apple and others.
    I HATE that anyone can follow RIM on the stock market and at the end of day, post rhetorical pieces on how much the stock fell. IMO, a buy back, to private, with a loan from one of the banks hired to consult for RIM, or an ought right loan (from one or both of the same banks), to see the launch of the (going to be kick a$$) BB10.
    I could sit back and sensationalize crap about the OS's that I don't use, but that would be a waste of my time and others. Also, it would just be opinion, as once again... I'M LAZY
    Maybe I am delusional, Am I a cheerleader? Probably, well yeah ok I am. Is my grammar, punctuation and spelling correct? No. Although, I do try. This is just my opinion, and that is why I stick to posting on forums and should not be publicised, like so many hacks are today. Have a great day all! GO BB!
    06-07-12 09:20 AM
    When RIMM replaced their co-CEOs 5 months ago, I must admit I was a bit worried. But Mr. Heins has performed extremely well. He has a few simple themes and he keeps banging away at them. No more mixed messages, no more rushed products to market. Absolutely correct and a refreshing change from the last CEOs.

He has got the company focused on BBX10 and its enterprise services. Use third party vendors to build apps and don't waste RIMM talent building a navigation thingy. Absolutely correct again.

I also appreciate Mr. Hein's methodical thinking and his big picture view. It is clear that he has been cleaning out RIMMs closest (for good reason). Sure, it is easy to be negative but the restructuring will help. It is also wise policy to deal with the negative news now before the BB10 launch. You want the press focused on the product and it's potential.

If I were a betting man, I suspect that June 28 will be used as a focal point by RIMM. All the bad financial news will be dealt with and then 1-2 weeks later, a hard date for the BB10 launch will happen. My bet is that BB10 will be launched in mid-late August. This sort of fits with Mr. Heins view of "underpromise and overdeliver".

Anyways, I'm looking forward to BB10. Something interesting is cooking at RIMM and I think everyone knows it. Sort of interesting to read the negative comments on this forum. Oddly they already assume BB10 is a better product than what is currently available; its just that RIMM has run out of time. Sort of a lame if not lazy argument if you ask me. Full steam ahead RIM; don't waste your time with the nervous nellies.
    rigwrecker likes this.
    06-07-12 11:07 AM
    I agree . Thorsten has done a great job so far. There was a lot of "dead weight" in the beginning of his new position. There was a lot to clean up at RIM when he came in. I have to say, I'm liking the predicted launch dates and also makes sense to me ("under promise and over deliver"). Although I think some BB10 advertising soon would be advantageous, more importantly, they need to hit a home run on the over all experience with BB10.
    06-07-12 12:38 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD