It's amazing you keep coming up with these zingers. Over and over. Month after month. Amazing.
    OUCH!!!!!
    01-10-11 09:28 PM
    OUCH!!!!!
    Yeah. Do you see how worthless input can work both ways?
    01-10-11 10:31 PM
    Yeah and I think everyone will agree that RIM needs to push the bar lol. Or even catch up. All in all, I'm glad they are completely revamping their OS. I just hope they don't rush it, get everything down, and have an uncomprimised set of handsets.
    QNX looks very promising. If they can get it out onto a nice size capacitive touchscreen comparable to the competition (that means not the same one they have been using since the 9530), and realize that many people are willing to sacrifice a little bit of battery life for some robust features and high end components, they would make a huge surge in the high end market.

The fact is, there is no high end BlackBerry. Does that mean RIM is not profitable and successful? Absolutely not, RIM is EXTREMELY successful and they are still breaking their records every quarter which is an awesome achievement. But, can RIM be making even more now, and then using that money towards R&D to get that great battery tech, and super efficient dual core processor to really innovate again (since QNX is a multicore platform)? There is no doubt in my mind.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-10-11 at 10:48 PM.
    01-10-11 10:40 PM
    QNX looks very promising. If they can get it out onto a nice size capacitive touchscreen comparable to the competition (that means not the same one they have been using since the 9530), and realize that many people are willing to sacrifice a little bit of battery life for some robust features and high end components, they would make a huge surge in the high end market.

The fact is, there is no high end BlackBerry. Does that mean RIM is not profitable and successful? Absolutely not, RIM is EXTREMELY successful and they are still breaking their records every quarter which is an awesome achievement. But, can RIM be making even more now, and then using that more towards R&D to get that great battery tech, and super efficient dual core processor to really innovate again (since QNX is a multicore platform)? There is no doubt in my mind.
    This is very well said. I couldn't agree more.
    01-10-11 10:44 PM
    Excuse me for not reading all of these comments so I don't know if this has already been said.

Due to school, work, interning I haven't been keeping up on tech blogs or phone news for some time, but this article caught my attention, especially the people in the comment thread below the article. I understand that RIM is a profitable company, don't get me wrong, but all of these people thinking RIM has a surprise for us (other then a well designed playbook) I think are mistaken. These head honchos do not answer to the consumer as we have seen, they answer to investors, and RIM is continually making money spewing out underwhelming phones... So why change now??

Having left the iphone months back and enjoyed my 9700 for some time, I have finally come to the point where I'm sick of seeing all of these capable phone around me and I can't even play a youtube video. If it weren't for BBM (which many of my friends on verizon network left for android anyway) and ATTs lack of worthwhile android phones I may have left months ago.

This article just reaffirms to me that I'm going to be waiting for quite some time for a phone that realistically competes with the iphone or top notch android phones. I'm not saying it has to be a "superphone" but I would like to browse the internet occasionally.

I'm hoping that verizon will take some of the stress of off ATTs network so I can possibly jump back on the iphone4 bandwagon. I love BlackBerrys, and don't know how long I will be able to stay away but for the time being and until RIM gets its *** in gear, I'm gonna start shopping, and this article helped me make that decision. Sorry for the rant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 01:30 AM
    Push the bar? At this point, I'm not even sure if they can reach the bar!
    LOL exactly.
    01-12-11 02:51 AM
106 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD