Looks like RIM has given the Indian government the tools for it to spy on people's communications. I thought they said they wouldn't.
    12-30-12 10:21 AM
    Old news isn't it?
    12-30-12 10:22 AM
    Very old. We already knew this months and months ago.
    12-30-12 10:25 AM
    Yes, this is old news but what it was, was the carriers hold the key to the data, not RIM. The Indian government had placed a timeline on them, not RIM, to produce the key. They had tried to delay it but, as is apparent, that attempt was in vein. Also, this only means consumer, not enterprise. You may have seen this as recent news as tomorrow, the 31st, is the deadline set out to the Indian carriers to comply with the governments security order.
    12-30-12 10:45 AM
    No need to worry if you are good citizen, all goverments around the world have acccess to all your information including fb, text messages, bbms, web history, your comments. In the smart phone world your privacy what you sacrifise, if not use feature phone
    stberry likes this.
    12-30-12 07:14 PM
    No need to worry if you are good citizen, all goverments around the world have acccess to all your information including fb, text messages, bbms, web history, your comments. In the smart phone world your privacy what you sacrifise, if not use feature phone
    Just living your life these days gets you recorded in a variety of databases which can be used to track you or build a profile about you. If you want secure communications, use BlackBerry Enterprise Server for you and your friends and family and encrypt every email, BBM, and even SMS. As for voice calls, simply don't talk on your smartphone.
    pcguy514 and David in Durham like this.
    12-30-12 07:20 PM
    I don't think the Indian Government has access to enterprise data - only consumer data. The difference is very important and acceptable (in my view).
    12-30-12 08:16 PM
    no privacy on a feature phone either i'm afraid.
    if you want true privacy, stay away from anything that has no wires
    heck anything with wires too

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 05:50 AM