Any chance RIM found some malware/spyware in the app and killed it? Although, if true, i'd think they'd give a better explanation unless they didn't want to have it exposed for some reason.
    02-22-12 09:51 AM
    I would be a little disappointed if this I true but let's analyze it a bit.

My suspicion is the kill switch is built into the app not the OS, otherwise why would RIM "request" the removal?

Either way, this question should be put to RIM, is there a back door built in BBOS?
    RIM didnt request removal, they DID remove it and sent an email to him explaining why they removed it. The user didnt have a choice.
    02-22-12 09:58 AM
    Haha! What if it turned out that app was the cause for the bricking issue! Not for me though, on my 3rd. Hey Vz, just keep em comin till BB10 arrives!
    02-22-12 09:59 AM
    RIM didnt request removal, they DID remove it and sent an email to him explaining why they removed it. The user didnt have a choice.
    Look at the email he posted, it says "request from: research in motion"

I wonder what was the email address the email was sent from?
    02-22-12 10:05 AM
    The "Request From:" is obviously just one element of a form letter.

If it were a kill switch from the app itself, the developer of the app would have no problem issuing an email identifying themselves rather than "From: Blackberry on behalf of..."

In this case, it seems that the BlackBerry server removed the app, with the request having come from RIM itself (at least, whoever entered the data thought so).
    Last edited by rmjones101; 02-22-12 at 10:24 AM.
    02-22-12 10:20 AM
    I'm surprised yall didn't install it to see what was happening.
    None the less Turner worked on it thru the morning and has it resolved. Stephen Turner is a great guy. He jumped the hoops to get this resolved for us. No body had contacted him over I so my email was a shock.in the end we have the app back.
    The message is from blackberry on behalf of Research IN Motion. In was in the messages folder not email folder. I've been looking all night how to look at the header. I don't think there is one. Wierd as it is. Its as if Rim just put the message on the device not sent it. There's no way to reply or forward the message. Only option you have is to delete.
    Rim showed me an ugle side of itself. To further disapoint me Rim sent me a customer service survey request. They had the nature of the support that paypal failure. Are you serious? Expect me to be happy with the experance? I have to say Turner Tecnologies and Att went beyond to get this worked out while Rim sat on its hands.
    So yall doubt Rim can remove an app from your device at will and leave you messages? I think I just proved that theroy wrong. Rim has lost a lot of my respect.
    02-22-12 11:27 AM
    Well I can attest to this as well. The Amazon Music store is not available in India. However I install leaked OS's on my 9900 and the Music Store is installed on my phone. The second is switch on the network, the App is removed. And I don't get an email either.
    03-05-12 02:49 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD