Looks like we're at it again. RIM's stock looks like it is ready to get bought out. Big post-market drop yesterday and look out for institutional buying at these cheap prices.... I just thought I'd call it before it happens.

RIM will get bought out by Microsoft
    and/or
    YHOO will get bought out by Microsoft

within next three to four quarters...

Platform compatibility and Patents to add to their portfolio seems ripe for the picking.
    Question:
    Why would msft want yahoo? Not the whole company, only the worthwhile part, the search. They have tried unsuccessfully in the past, yhoo does not want to sell, and they trashed their shareholders in the past with their refusal to sell. Do a search, i remember yhoo execs even signing deals that would have hurt msft financially from a possible buyout.
    Last edited by mustangv8; 09-16-11 at 12:24 AM.
    09-16-11 12:19 AM
    Some companies let stock fall while they get their ducks in a row, then they buy back more shares prior to dropping a new set of products and ride the market back up.

I read somewhere that it's called business....dunno where, though. Something about buy low, sell high....could be a Brainfart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wait... Could this mean... all this poor performance and reception theoretically could be a complex chess game that the Co-CEOs are playing to boost their finances (and the financial repository of the company)?

(head asplodes)
    09-16-11 12:27 AM
    They have already stated that they are buying back stock this year. No secret.
    09-16-11 12:39 AM
    There's already a buyout happening. By me.

But I'm doing it quietly, 10 shares at a time. Don't tell any news agencies ok guys?
    09-16-11 02:10 AM
    biggest troll on this forum. i dont even think he currently owns a blackberry.
    Why would that enter into the equation? I don't own one, and...???
    09-16-11 05:51 AM
    you know, these arent the only **** comments you made, why dont you just go over to androidcentral.com or tipb.com and stay there?
    ur getting annoying
    why don't you defend against his statements, instead of telling him simply to go away?
    09-16-11 05:55 AM
    Don't see anyone buying out RIM, at least not now. With a market cap of 15 billion, no one is going to drop that kind of money plus a premium so let's say 20 billion. HP is not going to do it after their failed attempt with Palm. Microsoft has a joint venture with Nokia so I don't see them affecting their sales there.
    09-16-11 06:26 AM
    It would take a LOT of power to buy out RIM, Mike and Jim have a large portion of controlling shares, you'd have to very aggressively buy out the major share holders to take over RIM
    Don't they both own around 5 percent each or so? I know between the two they do not own more then 15 percent.

I agree it would take some major courting to get all the other stockholders to sell their stock to one single entity.
    But with the stock responding as it did it would seem that more stockholders might be of the mind to sell.

I am sure many are trying to digest all that was released yesterday and next week will be the time to watch for any major stockholder rebellions.

Another concern is the possible launch of legal actions from stockholders against RIM for misleading them or rather providing overly optimistic forecasts. Forecasts they have consistently missed as of late. Such legal actions could be costly to defend against at a time when RIMs bottom line is suffering and on hand cash is being utilized.

Tim
    09-16-11 10:47 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD