NICE!

Research In Motion is being honored in August with a BlackBerry postage stamp in the Canadian Innovations series. They're being honored in a series that includes the pacemaker, the electric oven & the electric wheelchair.

It's great to see that they're being honored as innovators in a time where their future is unknown to many.

While smart phones and other communications devices, as well as technologies such as push email and mobile apps, are commonplace now, they were nearly the stuff of science fiction in 1999, when Research in Motion (RIM) founders Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie introduced the now iconic BlackBerry�. Their invention freed information workers from their desks and changed the way the world communicates. Subsequent versions and continuous innovation have kept RIM and its BlackBerry device a front runner in the massive smart phone market.

Canada Post - Collecting

RIM being honored with Canadian Innovations Postage Stamp
    Michelle Haag and andyahs like this.
    08-14-11 12:17 PM
    So which one of my Canadian friends is gonna send me one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 12:28 PM
    I think the stamps will be available August 17th and yes I agree that what Mike and Jim have accomplished should not be forgotten.
    I'm pretty happy I have a Blackberry!
    PadreTremtU likes this.
    08-14-11 12:33 PM
    You know whats funny? e-mail is supposed to be the killer of traditional mail, and BlackBerry's are famous for their e-mail capabilities. And they put a Berry on a stamp for a traditional letter lol

Its like putting a picture of an iPod on a Cassette player haha
    Last edited by FMB8900; 08-14-11 at 09:01 PM.
    08-14-11 12:36 PM
    Quite glad to own a blackberry.

08-15-11 07:36 AM
    As noted by several, including myself, in the blog post, the BB picture is out of place. All the other innovations have pics of old/original devices and yet with RIM, they used a modern Berry (Gretzky?).

To be on par, they should have used something like this:

08-15-11 07:43 AM
    Gotta love how it's next to an oven, wheelchair and pacemaker. I guess all four have changed humanity forever. Now, which is the best innovation? lol.
    08-15-11 08:08 AM
    Hey all,
    Here is the Canada Postage stamp the real ones , actually they are real on my desk.
    But hey they are so small i was so hopping they are a bit bigger so i can put the rim one on the frame
    08-17-11 04:08 PM
    Blackberry is something amazing to be a part of

08-17-11 08:20 PM
    i ordered mine yesterday... with the first day cover
    08-17-11 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD