The so called experts were dead wrong about RIM being in trouble. Sales are surging especially overseas. The stock is way up recently. They're not going out of business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    only the experts never said they were "going out of business"... and btw, they are shrinking in the good ole USA!
    12-19-10 01:27 PM
    Well the sales overseas will more than make up for any sales loss in the USA. Profits are way up, they appear to know what they're doing. Do you write angry letters to Volvo asking why they don't match the latest offering from Maserati?

12-21-10 12:09 AM
    Mike are you RIM's latest poster boy here on CB?
    12-21-10 12:16 AM
    Mike are you RIM's latest poster boy here on CB?
    Don't you like your Blackberry phone? Isn't that why you're on a Blackberry Forum?

12-21-10 12:39 AM
    Mike, some of us have liked our BB phones before. Thing is, some features are getting long in the tooth on a lot of BlackBerry devices.
    12-21-10 12:55 AM
    Mike, some of us have liked our BB phones before. Thing is, some features are getting long in the tooth on a lot of BlackBerry devices.
    Do you write RIM directly about your concerns if it bothers you so much? Do you show up at their annual stockholder's meeting? What does complaining on here do for you? I've had a Blackberry for 6 weeks and I like it very much. I really wanted another Sony Ericsson but they didn't have 1 with a full keyboard, my fingers were getting tired texting with the old keyboard.When my contract expires in 2 years I will buy whatever suits me regardless of manufacturer. I really loved my Sony Ericsson W810i which I used for 5 years and I shared tips with other users on a Sony Ericsson forum board but I never saw Apple or Android users come on the forum slamming Sony Ericssons. I don't comprehend. I also subscribe to a Toyota Forum where we discuss features of different models and repair advice etc and there is zero talk about denigrating other manufacturer's cars that I've seen.

12-21-10 01:31 AM
    Do you honestly think if I, or anyone else, was to write directly to RIM, they'd take me seriously? I'm only one person out of an arse load of BlackBerry users. The only way to send a message is through our purchasing decisions. If RIM works for you, then great. My statement wasn't an indictment against you, or any other RIM supporter. I, or any other former BB owner, am stating why there's a relative disdain for their products these days.
    12-21-10 02:03 AM
    Do you honestly think if I, or anyone else, was to write directly to RIM, they'd take me seriously? I'm only one person out of an arse load of BlackBerry users. The only way to send a message is through our purchasing decisions. If RIM works for you, then great. My statement wasn't an indictment against you, or any other RIM supporter. I, or any other former BB owner, am stating why there's a relative disdain for their products these days.
    I agree with that. If I send them some mail with a list of requests, it isn't as if they're going to have a light bulb go off above their head and say "geez, what's wrong with us, why don't we go ahead and make that?"
    12-21-10 09:42 AM
    If I had the clout of a Martin Luther, maybe a smartphone reformation would be at hand .
    12-21-10 09:44 AM
    Well the sales overseas will more than make up for any sales loss in the USA. Profits are way up, they appear to know what they're doing. Do you write angry letters to Volvo asking why they don't match the latest offering from Maserati?
    If they want to be a second rate phone producer, yes, they know what thier doing. There was a time when a BlackBerry WAS the Maserati of smartphones; now they have relinquished themselves to be a Chevy - and there is nothing wrong with being a Chevy - but for those of us that wanted them to be a leading edge company, we are simply disappointed in RIM. Now those of us that still want a Maserati, will have to shop elsewhere. And, one more thing, RIM is still pricing their phones as if they ARE Maseratis, not a Chevy.
    12-21-10 11:30 AM
    If they want to be a second rate phone producer, yes, they know what thier doing. There was a time when a BlackBerry WAS the Maserati of smartphones; now they have relinquished themselves to be a Chevy - and there is nothing wrong with being a Chevy - but for those of us that wanted them to be a leading edge company, we are simply disappointed in RIM. Now those of us that still want a Maserati, will have to shop elsewhere. And, one more thing, RIM is still pricing their phones as if they ARE Maseratis, not a Chevy.
    Actually to put it better

There once was a Time that Blackberry was the Cadillac of the Phone world, it was a trend setter and the pinnacle of technology, today RIM is Still the Cadillac, BUT people don't measure up against the Cadillac anymore, they are consistent, they just are no longer the flashy and gotta have, will it be reliable? yes, will it provide good value if you researched your needs? Yes, will it win a consumers pick award? probably not.

RIM is not pricing their phones, Carriers are Pricing their phones, as a Manufacturer they can not dictate the price of their phones, there is legislation that prevents that. when looking at out of Contract pricing of Blackberry's they are not that ridiculously priced Difference between a 9780 and an iPhone 4 32GB is a 50% mark up and from the Torch it is a 25% Mark up, give or take a few points here and there.
    12-21-10 11:46 AM
    Actually to put it better

There once was a Time that Blackberry was the Cadillac of the Phone world, it was a trend setter and the pinnacle of technology, today RIM is Still the Cadillac, BUT people don't measure up against the Cadillac anymore, they are consistent, they just are no longer the flashy and gotta have, will it be reliable? yes, will it provide good value if you researched your needs? Yes, will it win a consumers pick award? probably not.

RIM is not pricing their phones, Carriers are Pricing their phones, as a Manufacturer they can not dictate the price of their phones, there is legislation that prevents that. when looking at out of Contract pricing of Blackberry's they are not that ridiculously priced Difference between a 9780 and an iPhone 4 32GB is a 50% mark up and from the Torch it is a 25% Mark up, give or take a few points here and there.
    I generally agree with your assessments; however, I do not agree that RIM is a Cadillac any longer. Even Cadillac has advanced to flashy and desirable; it is no longer "our fathers' car." Any young person would LOVE to have a CTS, something which could not be said of the DeVille. Cadillac saw the furture and changed accordingly, whereas RIM does not seem to feel the need to do this.
    And, while RIM doesn't dictate the selling price, they certainly sell their phones for "X" amount of dollars to the carriers...aren't they still asking for a high dollar amount?
    12-21-10 12:02 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD