I think it has more to do with the network...

the deuce is on verzion
    the apple is on att...

just saying....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have an 8900, an 8310, and an 8300 before that. I've never dropped a call either. There may be some relation to the network, but it's mostly the phone. That became clear as mud with the iPhone 4 and it's problems.
    11-02-10 02:42 AM
    I personally agree with those that said the expanding market allows for multiple OSs to thrive. Look at the auto market. While there were primarily only three auto companies in America, they all did amazing. Once you throw too many fish into the bowl, though, that's when some people win and some people lose. Right now there aren't enough "big players" for the top three not to make plenty of money even when not on top.
    11-02-10 02:49 AM
    and I am sorry. apple is on top right now but att and verizon will screw up somehow. and the iphone will suffer with it.
    11-02-10 03:07 AM
    That might be the dumbest post I have ever seen. So you are saying an expanding market cannot sustain large profits for multiple companies?
    After you unbunch your panties go back and read it again. IN CONTEXT

If you still don't grasp the point there is a medal waiting for you at the podium.

Posted from my phone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 04:13 AM
    Rim is a win, a win is a rim, the rim on your blackberry or any smart/phone should be kept clean. get it? lol

11-02-10 04:57 AM
    I have an 8900, an 8310, and an 8300 before that. I've never dropped a call either. There may be some relation to the network, but it's mostly the phone. That became clear as mud with the iPhone 4 and it's problems.
    I can't speak for the iP4, but at least on the old 3G I can confirm that the problem is at least partially the device. It has been noted in plenty of reviews too, including the iP4. They are fine in areas with strong signal, but they have trouble with fringe areas where other phones will have reduced reception, but still be able to make calls. It is a well known shortcoming of the iPhone, just like our well known browser deficiency...lol!

11-02-10 05:03 AM
    nonsense. other phones don't drop calls like the iCan't. I used to have two phones that dropped (or more often, didn't RECEIVE) calls on Verizon--a Star Tac, and a Kyocera. Once i switched to an LG8300, my problems disappeared. Some phones just SUCK at maintaining, or receiving calls
    Okay. like everything else only the bad ones ruin the name for everything else. I know 4 people personally who have iP4, and one person who has a iP3GS and none of them drop calls, lose data or cause nuclear wars to start when they are in the "city limits", but as soon as the get on the skirts of the city limits everything gets fuzzy.......kinda odd in my book...

I promise to stop Cell Phone Racism.. .. ..

I'm MjNeid and i approve this message.

Last edited by mjneid; 11-02-10 at 08:12 AM.
    11-02-10 08:10 AM
    If this is indeed the path RIM chooses, far be it for me to tell them how to run their business. Personally, I am not into the glitz and glamor offered by other platforms available; I prefer the stability provided by RIM. My adult sons, on the other hand, are more interested in media capabilities found on other platforms; had RIM provided an offering more suited towards their tastes they would have remained with BlackBerry. Hence the statement "too little, too late".

Everyone will have their opinion as to how RIM should be conducting their business practices, I for one, do not agree with the carriers having the final say on when operating system updates are released. I think these updates and new releases should come from RIM as the individual
    carriers have no vested interest in maintaining RIM's customer satisfaction base. However, in the long run this is how they have chosen to operate.

At the end of the day, whether RIM decides to focus on business solutions or continue to reach out to the individual consumer will be determined by market forces which are controlled by previous decisions. Whichever route they focus on, they will continue to provide one of the most stable platforms available.

Just my humble opinion, this and $1.73 will get you a large coffee here in Texas.

I have to agree 110% with the stability of Blackberry. Its one of the major reasons they are so popular. Just like Mac is so popular with the aging population. They want something that just works and is simple to use. Apple to me is an Hippest Icon. [i'm sure i'll get my hand slapped but i'm going to say it anyway]. I see Apple as the phone of choice for Tree Huggers and StarBucks Loungers. Its the "cool phone to have". While it provides endless hours of entertaining bliss, and it to can blend. It offers very little more than skin deep. Android, IMHO, is a "nerd phone" and is not for everyone. While at first sight it's a cool platform and easy to use. IF you want to do anything with modifying the OS, and or adding/deleting non-factory Applications you need to know something about computers. For example some ROMs come with a 3D image gallery, much like CoolIris of the PC/Macs, which doesn't work to well on the older platforms. So you need to remove it and add the 2D gallery back.. .. .. which takes some serious know how.

But Blackberry is open the box, charge the phone, put your SIM card in, put your SD card in and it works. Plain and Simple. It just does, and it does well. Sure the applications are there, sure the media is sub-par. Trust me i know. I spent two weeks in a Jury Duty Waiting Room watching movies on my 9700. And that has drawing. There are a group of people that don't have an hour or two getting their phone to connect to the SDK of android then spending the time learning the jargin that goes along with it.... nor do they want to worry about being tied to ATT for the apple phone.... Blackberry has a good base, they just need to make up their mind want they want to do.

11-02-10 08:28 AM
    I read this post and almost died laughing...but I guess everyone has their opinions. LOL
    11-02-10 09:30 AM
    After you unbunch your panties go back and read it again. IN CONTEXT

If you still don't grasp the point there is a medal waiting for you at the podium.

Posted from my phone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I recognized the context from the start and I don't wear panties.
    11-02-10 09:35 PM
    I just came back to the berry again, and my wife told me I needed to stay and I said that to. BB's are just stable. They WORK. I have a lowly 8330m on sprint, but damn it works and does what I need to. I getting rid of my android phone and will see if I can get me tour or something for more horsepower and better screen and then wait till a torch or hybrid comes to sprint. Android is nice, but fragmented. iOS is nice, but Jobs has to much control. RIM keeps making stable devices and will be fine.
    11-03-10 03:14 PM
    Their market share may have dropped, but the market itself has grown. They've sold more phones for the last 5 quarters in a row and their stock is up considerably from a year ago. There's a ton of companies out there that WISH they were "failing" as bad as RIM...
    11-03-10 03:36 PM
    I have to agree 110% with the stability of Blackberry. Its one of the major reasons they are so popular. Just like Mac is so popular with the aging population. They want something that just works and is simple to use. Apple to me is an Hippest Icon. [i'm sure i'll get my hand slapped but i'm going to say it anyway]. I see Apple as the phone of choice for Tree Huggers and StarBucks Loungers. Its the "cool phone to have". While it provides endless hours of entertaining bliss, and it to can blend. It offers very little more than skin deep. Android, IMHO, is a "nerd phone" and is not for everyone. While at first sight it's a cool platform and easy to use. IF you want to do anything with modifying the OS, and or adding/deleting non-factory Applications you need to know something about computers. For example some ROMs come with a 3D image gallery, much like CoolIris of the PC/Macs, which doesn't work to well on the older platforms. So you need to remove it and add the 2D gallery back.. .. .. which takes some serious know how.

But Blackberry is open the box, charge the phone, put your SIM card in, put your SD card in and it works. Plain and Simple. It just does, and it does well. Sure the applications are there, sure the media is sub-par. Trust me i know. I spent two weeks in a Jury Duty Waiting Room watching movies on my 9700. And that has drawing. There are a group of people that don't have an hour or two getting their phone to connect to the SDK of android then spending the time learning the jargin that goes along with it.... nor do they want to worry about being tied to ATT for the apple phone.... Blackberry has a good base, they just need to make up their mind want they want to do.

I think there is an element of truth in your opinion.
    11-03-10 08:50 PM
    #1 in my books...
    11-03-10 09:58 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD