As a long time Blackberry user I wonder how much longer Blackberry can survive in the US. I love my BBRY and want to keep it, unlike my Palm Treo which I couldn't wait to get rid of. Many features that Berry's have are just not offered in other OS's. However, how can people on this forum be discussing OS 10.3 when most of us in the US are still on 10.1? I got my update through Sachesi weeks ago because I didn't want to be held hostage by At&t but how many users are comfortable doing that, and how many users even know that their phone can do so much more with just a software/firmware update? DOES ANYONE IN UPPER MANAGEMENT AT BLACKBERRY READ THIS FORUM?
    03-27-14 12:11 PM
    Yes they read the forum and it's carriers that release the os updates, BlackBerry gives it to them months in advance.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    03-27-14 12:16 PM
    You said it. Everyone has 10.2.1 except some US carriers. They need to step up their game, not BlackBerry. But anyone can update their phone with Sachesi, which I agree most BlackBerry users don't know.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    03-27-14 12:16 PM
    That is why I prefer to buy my phones neverlocked, the day I both my Q5 was the day I made the update to the 10.2

Is this ridiculous or am I missing something?-update-de-soft-blackberry-de-la-os-10.1-la-os10.2.jpg

The only Blackberry I got from a carrier whas my Curve 9320 from Vodafone about 2 years ago
    03-27-14 12:22 PM
    It's the US carrier's fault, 10.2 has been available for months now, never mind 10.2, we are at 10.2.1 all over the world except in the US.
    03-27-14 12:23 PM
    As a long time Blackberry user I wonder how much longer Blackberry can survive in the US. I love my BBRY and want to keep it, unlike my Palm Treo which I couldn't wait to get rid of. Many features that Berry's have are just not offered in other OS's. However, how can people on this forum be discussing OS 10.3 when most of us in the US are still on 10.1? I got my update through Sachesi weeks ago because I didn't want to be held hostage by At&t but how many users are comfortable doing that, and how many users even know that their phone can do so much more with just a software/firmware update? DOES ANYONE IN UPPER MANAGEMENT AT BLACKBERRY READ THIS FORUM?

I would imagine that they have staff that reads these tabloids. Seriously, would you spend your time reading these forums or pay someone else to read the whining and complaining. Personally, I'd spend my time doing other important things like plugging leaks, making deals, over looking security of my company.
    03-27-14 12:27 PM
    True but we gotta figure out something for us users in the US.

I honestly can't believe this shyt. It was BlackBerry that brought us the smartphone and this is how the US repays them? Lol. Seriously though...something has to give!

Posted via CB10
    K Reana likes this.
    03-27-14 12:49 PM
    it is time for blackberry to become a World Wide Carrier.....
    03-27-14 01:54 PM
    The big US carrier released the 10.2.1 update. Verizon, T mobile and some Atnt users are getting them too. Either the US carriers are slacking or don't care about their BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 01:59 PM
    It's not BlackBerry's fault the US has fallen behind because it has been overly complacent for years. The carriers want Apple and Google. 2 US companies. Not much else to say!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 02:02 PM
    It's not BlackBerry's fault the US has fallen behind because it has been overly complacent for years. The carriers want Apple and Google. 2 US companies. Not much else to say!

Posted via CB10
    Excuse me!! I am an American and we are far from being complacent, I think it's the other way around when it comes to Blackberry and the market share doesn't lie. I bought Blackberry devices going back to 2005 and I waited and waited for them to come up with something that was really going to be cutting edge, guess what? They never did. When they finally came out with the z10 and 10.0, two years late, it was a disaster here and most of the world for that matter, the device returns outweighed the ones that where bing sold.

I went through 4 devices in one month because of the restart issues, If the z10 would have been released with 10.2.1.2 instead of 10.0, I honestly think it would have been a different story and I wouldn't be writing this. I have a z10 and z30 and I am one of the few who still believe in Blackberry here in the USA and I proudly show off my z30 whenever and to whomever is open for something new thats going to improve their workflow and smartphone experience.

Don't throw stones in glass houses and because of a lack of vision and complacency on Blackberry's end is exactly why they are in their current position.
    GingerSnapsBack and JeepBB like this.
    03-27-14 02:23 PM
    The big US carrier released the 10.2.1 update. Verizon, T mobile and some Atnt users are getting them too. Either the US carriers are slacking or don't care about their BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    What is the big US carrier that you are referring to? Verizon was the first to release 10.2.1, 2 months ago. As for AT&T, everyone I've ever known who used them always complained about the crappy service. Now, no update. Don't know why so many people stay with them.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    03-27-14 03:25 PM
    If anyone in the US is still selling BlackBerrys when 10.3 comes out in a new phone that's when they will update ,and just skip older ones.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 03:56 PM
    What is the big US carrier that you are referring to? Verizon was the first to release 10.2.1, 2 months ago. As for AT&T, everyone I've ever known who used them always complained about the crappy service. Now, no update. Don't know why so many people stay with them.

Verizon And T-MOBILE. Some Atnt users are reporting they're getting the update too. And the verizon update 2 months ago was released by accident. It was reported so and blogged on cb man page. Obviously you didn't read it

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:29 PM
    Verizon And T-MOBILE. Some Atnt users are reporting they're getting the update too. And the verizon update 2 months ago was released by accident. It was reported so and blogged on cb man page. Obviously you didn't read it

Posted via CB10
    Well obviously the accident worked just fine on my Z10.

03-27-14 06:24 PM
    Giving the carriers control over update release us something I never understood. BB10 updates should be pushed directly by BlackBerry, just as Apple does with iOS.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 06:47 AM
    Giving the carriers control over update release us something I never understood. BB10 updates should be pushed directly by BlackBerry, just as Apple does with iOS.
    Apple negotiated the update release rights when they had the bargaining power to do so. They're unique in having those rights AFAIK, and every other manufacturer has to wait for the carriers to test and release updates. Carriers will, I'm sure, prioritise OS updates to the phones that make up the bulk of their networks and bring them the most revenue... and that ain't BB10 phones.
    03-28-14 07:01 AM
    JeepBB, thank you for the explanation, but that sucks, big time.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:08 AM
    As much as I dislike them, its NOT the carriers fault. If BlackBerry 10 were in demand then they would be updating. Why should they test software updates, using their resources when there is virtually no demand for BlackBerry 10? BlackBerry and Mr. "Record sales" former CEO and his cronies were completely out to lunch and this is the result.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:17 PM