Hi guys,

I was thinking about how to integrate the Ping! for the iPhone and the BBM into one system.

First of all, I find it very weird that there is not a company out there to make an application that 'combines' the Ping and BBM, allowing iPhone and BB owners to communicate for free.

But I have an idea!

First, what makes Ping and BBM so attractive to use?

First of all, it is free (get an unlimited data plan, and you have unlimited communication). So it is free, unlike sms or calling.
    Second, unlike MSN or other chatapplications, Ping and BBM are very well integrated into the phone and doesn't use third party apps to make the chats happen. Which makes this application very user friendly.
    Third, Ping and BBM doesnt need any login. You login once, and you will be logged forever.

So here is the deal. iPhones and BBs do not only have the Pingapp or BBMapp very well integrated into the OS/phone, the email system is very well integrated aswell. So why dont people use the email system to chat?
    Well, chatting over the inboxes of your gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc, account is very annoying, as you get an email for every single chat you make: getting a new email for every 'hello' and 'goodbye' pollutes the inbox.

So what you have to do is to make an email account, that is specially made to chat between, actually ANY, device that can push emails. So you make an additional email (or new) like [email protected]. And this mail is just for chatting only, you wont ever actually open the inbox or use this email for something else, so there is no such thing as inbox pollution.

Emails are free just like Ping and BBM. You dont need a third party application, like MSN, and phones that push emails have that system very well integrated into the phone which makes this 'emailchatting' very user friendly, just like Ping and BBM!

If we all start doing this, communicating between phones will no longer have boundaries. No more dictating companies that impose the obligation of only free chatting between their own devices. We can start the revolution today!

What do you think?
    01-04-10 09:41 AM
    Or you could simply use a chat medium that's available on both platforms... Yahoo, AIM, Google, etc.

Converting chats into emails isn't something the user wants to deal with, otherwise they'd already be using email instead of chat programs to begin with. I think this is what most people don't understand. BBM is just another chat medium, unfortunately it's one that a lot of people are used to using and only available to BB users.

Keep in mind that the original idea behind BBM or rather PIN Messaging (which is really what it was to begin with) was to get around the expensive txt messaging the carriers offered and allow for quick communications. As time progresses, some of the reasons behind PIN messaging coming to fruition have died down (ex. unlimited txt messaging plans, etc.) but RIM is continuing to push that BBM is a revolutionary capability that's much more important then it really is.

Something to think about...
    01-04-10 09:51 AM
    Or you could simply use a chat medium that's available on both platforms... Yahoo, AIM, Google, etc.
    Thats pretty much the way to go.
    01-04-10 10:33 AM
    first BBM is NOT free, u pay for it with you data service...thats like saying if u pay for an unlimited txting package that you can text for free, lol..... however, this sounds like a horrible idea...to again quote JRSCCivic98--> "you could simply use a chat medium that's available on both platforms... Yahoo, AIM, Google, etc."

not trying to bash you im just saying
    01-04-10 10:55 AM
    Not only can you use those IM clients mentioned above but BeeJive even has a
    group chat option I believe. Sometimes I think BBM has too much exclusitivity. It's
    basically an IM client with file sharing. Most of the other ones do it now and aren't
    only limited to people with BB's.
    01-04-10 12:12 PM
    There is an app in development that does this. It only works for the iphone right now, but they claim to be coming to blackberry. Check it out WhatsApp - Smartphone-2-Smartphone Messenger
    01-04-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD