OK, the fist list needs some revising (see link further below). The announcement about the Vienna has made me rethink things. Also, the short interval that smartphone makers are releasing products is breathtaking.

1. Vienna
    2. Priv (non-keyboard, large and small size slabs)
    3. Passport II (with Android, similar to Vienna, but wider with higher end specs )
    4. Priv II (force touch and stylus option)

Let me know if you think these are valid guesses.

Original Thread:
    "Definitive" list of future devices - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    12-06-15 03:38 PM
    Lol. All we know is that the Vienna is the next smartphone
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-06-15 04:12 PM
    I don't see the need of a Priv-full touch. The priv is not that thick and can be used without the physical keyboard; as well as I don't think there's the need to implement the 'force-touch' over a Priv.
    An Android-Passport has been tested by BlackBerry,but I still don't see how it can work on Android. Almost all the apps are intended to be displayed on a 16:9 or 4:3 screen..
    The Priv will do for the next year,year and a half. The Vienna is an interesting project and I'm looking forward to get more news about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 06:54 AM
    BlackBerry is committed to physical keyboard phones 😊
    12-07-15 07:56 AM
    No idea where you invented all of these devices from none of them are confirmed and only the Vienna is rumored.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    12-07-15 08:01 AM
    OK, the fist list needs some revising (see link further below). The announcement about the Vienna has made me rethink things. Also, the short interval that smartphone makers are releasing products is breathtaking.

1. Vienna
    2. Priv (non-keyboard, large and small size slabs)
    3. Passport II (with Android, similar to Vienna, but wider with higher end specs )
    4. Priv II (force touch and stylus option)

Let me know if you think these are valid guesses.

Original Thread:
    "Definitive" list of future devices - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    BlackBerry will not be releasing any phone that doesn't have a physical keyboard.
    12-07-15 08:10 AM
    BlackBerry will not be releasing any phone that doesn't have a physical keyboard.
    Agreed.

All I can imagine is:

Upgraded Privs
    A Classic (if even possible on android to integrate a trackpad)

12-07-15 08:14 AM
    Agreed.

All I can imagine is:

Upgraded Privs
    A Classic (if even possible on android to integrate a trackpad)

I don't think that BlackBerry could do a trackpad on Android without getting into the OS level which they won't do.
    12-07-15 08:16 AM
    I don't think that BlackBerry could do a trackpad on Android without getting into the OS level which they won't do.
    I don't think that's the issue: if you think about it, a trackpad looks a lot like the Priv's keyboard + mouse function while browsing And given you can connect a mouse on Android I believe it's something BlackBerry can do.
    The point is that all this transition to Android has been made to assure BlackBerry's customers the access and the full-support to all of the GPlay store apps. Android apps are,for the full majority, not intended for square screens..
    Let's see what happens with the Priv and (maybe) the Vienna in terms of sales numbers

Posted via CB10
    jameshaven likes this.
    12-07-15 08:40 AM
    I don't think that's the issue: if you think about it, a trackpad looks a lot like the Priv's keyboard + mouse function while browsing And given you can connect a mouse on Android I believe it's something BlackBerry can do.
    The point is that all this transition to Android has been made to assure BlackBerry's customers the access and the full-support to all of the GPlay store apps. Android apps are,for the full majority, not intended for square screens..
    Let's see what happens with the Priv and (maybe) the Vienna in terms of sales numbers

Posted via CB10
    As a mouse it works, but the trackpad is meant for field to field, button to button and element to element access and then selecting that field. I am not sure that it could be supported in that way unless at an OS level.
    12-07-15 08:48 AM
    The main reason I do not see a classic or Passport running Android is because android is not mention for 1:1 screens.

And sure BlackBerry can do it if they want to but if the reason they went android was for app support (which is what they claim) and apps would still not function as well as every other android I don't see the advantage of running Android on a 1:1 screen over BB10.

12-07-15 10:56 AM
    Stylus?? S Pen? Pencil?

Get outta here!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 11:37 AM
    The "breathtakingly" short interval that new devices are being released is no excuse to launch multiple devices at once. Those other developers are collectively having difficulties distinguishing themselves, pretty much only relying on being the latest and greatest. While Blackberry is on the verge of joining that rat race, they are better suited to keeping a smaller portfolio of well-built devices and committing to keeping them updated. Would you rather have a one month old phone that's major selling points are obsolete next month and won't ever get an OS that comes out in four months, or a one year old phone that continues to be kept up to date for at least a couple years?
    12-09-15 09:45 PM
    We need a full touch high end Z30 replacement powered by BB10. Putting the Android OS on the Passport for example is a waist of hardware and time.
    12-10-15 07:23 AM
    The main reason I do not see a classic or Passport running Android is because android is not mention for 1:1 screens.

And sure BlackBerry can do it if they want to but if the reason they went android was for app support (which is what they claim) and apps would still not function as well as every other android I don't see the advantage of running Android on a 1:1 screen over BB10.

What Consumers are in MAD NEED for is a Full Touch BB10 device to replace once and for all replace the Z10 and Z30. There's so many people that are on the side lines just waiting. I know a few that went to the Leap out of desperation. JC needs to take his head out of his aris and release what we've been asking for for in all of 2014 & now 2015.

Doing so will increase BB10's market share and sales. The majority that went with BB10 don't want Android. If JC wants to release another Android device to attract new customers to BBRY, no problem, but release 2 devices at once. BB10 & Android.
    Droidophobe and ronfc like this.
    12-10-15 07:26 AM
    What Consumers are in MAD NEED for is a Full Touch BB10 device to replace once and for all replace the Z10 and Z30. There's so many people that are on the side lines just waiting. I know a few that went to the Leap out of desperation. JC needs to take his head out of his aris and release what we've been asking for for in all of 2014 & now 2015.

Doing so will increase BB10's market share and sales. The majority that went with BB10 don't want Android. If JC wants to release another Android device to attract new customers to BBRY, no problem, but release 2 devices at once. BB10 & Android.
    You don't understand.

It doesn't matter if the majority of BB10 users wanted to switch to Android.

It's about getting more people to buy BlackBerry devices.

Also there will not be any more BB10 devices.
    BB10 is dead.

Because of Google's ToS you cannot make android devices and have an android runtime. It is either one or the other.

Now that the Priv is out BlackBerry cannot update the Android runtime.

BlackBerry has also announced that they are only releasing devices with keyboards.
    If it isn't for the keyboard what really distinguishes a BlackBerry device from another one?

12-10-15 06:46 PM
    BlackBerry has also announced that they are only releasing devices with keyboards.
    If it isn't for the keyboard what really distinguishes a BlackBerry device from another one?

When did BlackBerry announce that? I must have missed that!

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    12-12-15 04:16 AM
    "Definitive" list of the future released devices:
    1. None

Bitter joking aside, the sad situation is that Priv at launch is selling worse that Passport at launch. The three reasons: Buggy, high price and no traction in channels.
    BlackBerry doesn't have money for channels, so they couldn't change this. But two first wounds are purely of their own doing.

End results will be that in May, after Android 6 update will not change situation, there will be panic mode in Handset division. People will be fired, projects will be cancelled. Chinese suitor will now be allowed because BB10 will not be portion of sale. I predict a Phillips TV -like sale of the division and licence to HW production under BlackBerry name in Dec16/Jan 17 timeframe.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 05:47 AM

Bitter joking aside, the sad situation is that Priv at launch is selling worse that Passport at launch. The three reasons: Buggy, high price and no traction in channels.

Posted via CB10
    Who says the Priv is selling worse than the Passport?

I think the Priv is selling better than the Passport, but up to now we only have speculation.

(Or Tweets)

What makes you think the Priv failing to outsell the Passport.?

12-12-15 08:53 PM
    Magic 8 Ball >> Outlook no so good.
    12-13-15 01:28 AM
    You don't understand.

It doesn't matter if the majority of BB10 users wanted to switch to Android.

It's about getting more people to buy BlackBerry devices.

Also there will not be any more BB10 devices.
    BB10 is dead.
    So are more Android users going to leave Samsung, HTC, etc for the Priv? Or are more BB users going to leave BB for Apple and non-Priv Androids when BB10 finally draws its last breath?

BB was stupid to give up its own island to jump into the water with a bunch of long-established sharks.
    12-14-15 10:02 AM
    Blackberry's best bet is to keep the persona of a "Premium" Android manufacturer. Trying to complete in the race to the bottom and releasing devices too fast will not help.
    12-14-15 05:30 PM

Anyone who thinks that clearly does NOT understand BB10.

Sadly, Chen is at the top of that list.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 05:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's not just about BB10 either..It's about being a BlackBerry. The 9000 was a BlackBerry, as well as the Curve series, as well as the Classic AND the Priv. It has never been about JUST the Software or JUST the hardware. It's their mix what we, BlackBerry fans, like

Posted via CB10
    jameshaven likes this.
    12-15-15 01:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Making only PKB devices is ludicrous. It's what got BlackBerry into trouble in the first place.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    12-15-15 04:10 AM
62 123