Probably one of more positive reviews of the Z10 on the major tech sites. Only started to go negative in his conclusions He praises the keyboard, physical design, and the Hub, but thinks the app gap is still big for most current users of iOS and Android to switch.

An imperfect ten: the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone review | Ars Technica

The Z10's main crime is that it doesn't really do anything that other phones on the market aren't already doing. It does some of those things exceptionally well—the Hub's general implementation is sound, its multitasking implementation is good, and the keyboard is stellar—but they're not so much better that they're worth giving up the ecosystems you're already embedded in if you've owned a competing smartphone for a year or two. If BlackBerry can take the Z10 (and Q10) and iterate quickly and competently on the software, if they can work with developers to get more big names in the app store, and if they can lower the price (or offer another handset aimed at those $100 and free-with-contract customers)—if they can do all those things, then the game is afoot. Otherwise, I hope that Apple, Google, and Microsoft learn from the Z10 so we can get its best features in a phone people will want to use as a daily driver.
    kbz1960, kevinnugent and austriker like this.
    02-02-13 04:49 PM
    02-02-13 05:06 PM
    Arstechnica opinion carries a lot of weight with me. This makes me feel great about getting a z10.
    02-03-13 03:39 AM
    Otherwise, I hope that Apple, Google, and Microsoft learn from the Z10 so we can get its best features in a phone people will want to use as a daily driver.
    What a ridiculous statement. I hope Apple copies the best features of the Z10 too--so BlackBerry can sue their *** off.
    02-03-13 05:22 AM
    What a ridiculous statement. I hope Apple copies the best features of the Z10 too--so BlackBerry can sue their *** off.

Why is it ridiculous? The consumer is a winner when companies learn from each other - notice he doesn't say "copy", he says "learn".
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-03-13 06:05 AM
    I don't have a link but the review from the New York Times was also very positive!
    02-03-13 06:28 AM
    As we've mentioned, the Z10 features a removable 1800mAh battery—BlackBerry says you should be able to expect about ten hours of 3G talk time, 60 hours of listening to audio, and 11 hours of watching video. In mixed usage—browsing the Web, watching videos, and generally playing with the UI for our review, we ended up getting eight hours and 22 minutes out of the battery with the screen brightness set to 50 percent. This compares pretty favorably to the eight hours and 42 minutes we got out of the iPhone 5 under similar conditions and the seven-and-a-half hours we got out of the Galaxy S III.

They did a test of the battery. At least this seems have some objectivity about it.
    02-03-13 06:34 AM
    Why is it ridiculous? The consumer is a winner when companies learn from each other - notice he doesn't say "copy", he says "learn".
    It's ridiculous because he spends the majority of his review praising the phone. He could just come out and say "you won't go wrong buying the Z10. It's a good phone with some unique features.", and instead his conclusion is basically "yeah, it's good, but don't bother buying one and learning how to use it, because the other OSes will eventually adopt the things that it does well anyway."
    02-03-13 07:54 AM