Hi,

My 9780 is unbranded so I decided to upgrade the OS and I am not liking the performance and would rather go back to the original OS that came with it.

When I plug my BB into DM it doesn't promote me to downgrade (like it used to on a branded phone).

Any suggestions? I know I can download and install the previous version manually but I don't know where it was from.

Thanks
    01-22-11 07:43 PM
    Uninstall the current OS from the computer, download the OS that you want, and then install it, and proceed from there. It may not prompt you, but if it is the only one installed, it is then the only one that can be installed.
    01-22-11 07:51 PM
    The problem is I don't know what os came with the phone initially.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 07:58 PM
    Go here

Unsupported Browser

Choose the 9780, follow the prompts, and download their latest official version.
    01-22-11 08:04 PM
    Be sure to delete the vendor .xml file if you are installing from a provider other than what you are using, i.e. T-Mobile OS on Rogers.
    01-22-11 08:38 PM
    Go here

Unsupported Browser

Choose the 9780, follow the prompts, and download their latest official version.
    It requires a T-mobile number and I am not with t-mobile.

I am with Rogers, do I do the same for Rogers?
    01-22-11 09:57 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Use this link to access Rogers OS software.

Download and install the v5xx software, it should be available to Applications Loader without having to delete the security file Vendor.xml.
    01-23-11 09:32 AM
    Also when you go into DM does it prompt you to upgrade?

If it does start the process and when you get to where it asks you if you want that OS it will have ALL the others before it that you can select any of them to downgrade. At least this is what mine did yesterday when I finally upgraded to 5.0.0.975 on my Tour.
    01-23-11 10:53 AM
    thanks. i'll bookmark this link
    01-23-11 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD