I was so excited to be called by my Verizon rep to "come and get your new Storm!" I've been a Blackberry early adopter since the beginning of Crackberry time. Once I received the Storm, suffice it to say that it disappointed BY EVERY MEASURE! I would strongly encourage other BBerry customers to RESIST ALL TEMPTATION to buy the Storm (at least for now). Let them work all the (MANY) bugs out. It simply sucks. I returned mine and reactivated my 8703b. My wife laughed at me as I carressed my tried and true model, apologizing to it, pleading for its' forgiveness of my impulsive desire to play "out with the old, in with the new" ball. Shame on me. "Oooohh, Precioussssss, I'm sooooo sorrrrry, Preciousssss, I'll never forsake you again, good and faithfull servant!" As for the Storm, NYET!
    11-30-08 01:01 PM

My wife laughed at me as I carressed my tried and true model, apologizing to it, pleading for its' forgiveness of my impulsive desire to play "out with the old, in with the new" ball. Shame on me. "Oooohh, Precioussssss, I'm sooooo sorrrrry, Preciousssss, I'll never forsake you again, good and faithfull servant!" As for the Storm, NYET!
    LMAOOOO

welcome to CB
    11-30-08 01:11 PM
    Sorry, but I feel the urge to be brutally honest: I think you're dumb.

First of all, the Storm isn't for everyone. Some people just need a physical keyboard. Other people don't want to click a touchscreen, they just want to touch it. But I'm going to have to assume that you've had a chance to play with the Storm by now... so how did you not know what you were getting into? Being an early adopter, you must have read something about it, right?

Second, there has been thread after thread after thread on here stating that the Storm takes some time to adjust to, and it really takes *AT LEAST* 24 hours before it even starts working properly!

Third, a new update was just leaked that fixes many bugs and makes it faster/more responsive. There are supposed to be several updates coming in December as well...

To add to that, you didn't mention anything specifically that you didn't like, so you just sound like a troll.

You say you're an early adopter, yet you're *STILL* using an 8703b?!?! How old is that!

I'd suggest that nobody listen to this post. Impulsive people (the type who would be an 'early adopter' but return within 24 hrs) don't make good reviewers... thoughtful, intelligent people do.
    11-30-08 05:27 PM
    Sorry, but I feel the urge to be brutally honest: I think you're dumb.

First of all, the Storm isn't for everyone. Some people just need a physical keyboard. Other people don't want to click a touchscreen, they just want to touch it. But I'm going to have to assume that you've had a chance to play with the Storm by now... so how did you not know what you were getting into? Being an early adopter, you must have read something about it, right?

Second, there has been thread after thread after thread on here stating that the Storm takes some time to adjust to, and it really takes *AT LEAST* 24 hours before it even starts working properly!

Third, a new update was just leaked that fixes many bugs and makes it faster/more responsive. There are supposed to be several updates coming in December as well...

To add to that, you didn't mention anything specifically that you didn't like, so you just sound like a troll.

You say you're an early adopter, yet you're *STILL* using an 8703b?!?! How old is that!

I'd suggest that nobody listen to this post. Impulsive people (the type who would be an 'early adopter' but return within 24 hrs) don't make good reviewers... thoughtful, intelligent people do.
    I would have to agree! I cannot wait until my Storm comes in the mail!!
    11-30-08 10:49 PM
    Never make a decision off of what random people say. Always try the phone out and make your own judgement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 11:56 PM
    Wow...a self proclaimed "Blackberry early adopter since the beginning of Crackberry time", yet only 2 posts one the largest Blackberry forum. Doesnt quite add up for me. Sounds more like an AT&T employee who's commission check wasn't quite what it should have been trying to persuade people away from the only company offering the Storm lol
    12-01-08 12:33 AM
    Some people just bought the Storm because it was the latest and greatest for BB. This was a big step for Rim and for the rest of us.

Love it or hate it.

The Storm is going to be a great phone eventually if you can live with the little problems for now. If you can't pick another great Rim product. They have lots.

Oh and welcome to CrackBerry.
    12-01-08 12:54 AM
    Yikes NOT good!
    12-01-08 12:55 AM
    I personally wouldn't buy a Storm, but thats because I've already used a touch screen and am just over that phase now.

But with the majority of carriers, you USUALLY get 30 days to try it out. I would just try it out and see for yourself.

Although touch screen...not convenient if you are trying to use it in the car. Yes, we should not use our BB's while we drive....but lets face it...we do.
    12-01-08 12:58 AM
    I personally wouldn't buy a Storm, but thats because I've already used a touch screen and am just over that phase now.

But with the majority of carriers, you USUALLY get 30 days to try it out. I would just try it out and see for yourself.

Although touch screen...not convenient if you are trying to use it in the car. Yes, we should not use our BB's while we drive....but lets face it...we do.

its not convenient if you aren't used to it.. I remember the iPhone the first month... I thought how the **** am I going to answer this thing while I drive.. a year and a half later it felt just like anything else ever did...

yes touch screens aren't for everyone but when you get used to them its the same as anything else..
    12-01-08 01:49 AM
    Yes, we should not use our BB's while we drive....but lets face it...we do.
    No, let's face it some of us are smarter than that. And those of us who are don't.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-01-08 at 02:00 AM.
    12-01-08 01:55 AM
    No, let's face it some of us are smarter than that. And those of us who are don't.
    Well I can sleep easy knowing you are much smarter than I and a very safe driver.
    12-01-08 02:14 AM
    Well I can sleep easy knowing you are much smarter than I and a very safe driver.
    Smartest (sarcasm aside) thing you have said in any post.
    12-01-08 02:45 AM

Statistics show that dialing numbers, or texting/MMS while driving is proving to be more dangerous than drunk driving. I hope I don't see you doing that, you're gonna get pulled over, and get a hefty fine. When I see someone doing it I think how can a person be so irresponsible.
    12-01-08 05:07 AM
    Ok my first post here. As a die hard Windows Mobile user this is my first BB. I got mine on the Saturday after launch. I am an enterprise user that hits it hard all day for email/text and GPS. My Storm has performed OUTSTANDING! I will say now I know why there are so many BB addicts. The email/messaging is the very best I have ever used. I did not get it thinking it was an iphone. And I agree with the post above that it seems to run 'smoother' after a few break in days. I put the credit card under the back cover like a suggestion in the forums and my goodness, I cannot see how but it made a major difference in the responsiveness on the left (horizontal) side of the keyboard.

So my advice from a BB newbie is give it time. Sure I'm anxious for the updates that hopefully will make it quicker etc, but people... RIM has gambled BIG on this device. I expect updates to be coming fast and furious as they get feedback.

Thanks for an excellent forum to express opinions...
    12-01-08 08:02 AM
    Oh, **** yeah. God forbid we allow anything but pure idoltry and gushing over your beloved device, the Storm.
    12-01-08 08:10 AM
    Statistics show that dialing numbers, or texting/MMS while driving is proving to be more dangerous than drunk driving. I hope I don't see you doing that, you're gonna get pulled over, and get a hefty fine. When I see someone doing it I think how can a person be so irresponsible.
    Well, "stastics show" your beloved Storm is a piece of ****, but whatever.
    12-01-08 08:12 AM
    I'm no blackberry expert, matter of fact the Storm was my first blackberry. I kept mine for a week to make sure I gave it a chance to grow on me. It took me way to long to compose email and text messages due to the many mistakes and the hard time correcting them.

I also hated having to push and click the "touch screen". It is no longer a touch screen if you have to push it hard enough to move the screen and get it to click. In the browser the bar at the bottom would always disappear which took a minute to get back so I could continue.

I returned mine and replaced it with a Curve which is what I was expecting in my first blackberry.
    12-01-08 09:38 AM
    Gracless....a very fitting screen name, indeed.
    12-01-08 12:31 PM
    I like the people who use the phrase "early adopters" lol

It's just a term to disguise beta testers. How foolish is it to pay $200.00 + to beta test. Usually they pay you or offer the equipment/software free.

suckers : )
    12-01-08 05:35 PM
    I used to hate the iPhone. You want to know what I REALLY used to think of it? Read this:

The iPhone is a piece of ****, and so is your face.

I used to go into apple stores and call that up on all the 24" mac monitors and then go browse for new headphones.

All that changed when 2 things happened. My son got an iPod Touch and I used an iPhone for 2 weeks with a Doc I worked with. If the iPhone wasn't a brick in wolf's clothing, I'd love it so!

ffwd to now: Spent HOURS and HOURS with the Storm (had a lot of free time last week and another doc I work with has one) and rather than go over what's wrong with it, I will just reiterate what I said on another thread. It's not that the Storm is so bad, its just that it hurts that WE have to be the R&D department for RIM. I am a 50+wpm typer in NON PREDICTIVE TEXT mode with my curve. On the storm, ANY typing is just plain frustrating. Maybe you are one who chooses your words from the bland list that predictive text will give you, but I DONT and even typing my last name on the storm takes 6 clicks (usually) and its a 4 letter name! The double click touch screen is ... wasted. Even capitalizing words is cumbersome with the Storm!

I really think it will be a nice machine IN A COUPLE OF REVS... I just don't think I should have to pay a couple hundred bucks to be RIM's R&D field researcher.
    12-01-08 07:44 PM
    I love my storm, but then, I am coming from an original moto Q. Needless to say the storm is a huge improvement. I know plenty of people who absolutely hate the storm, but they don't start threads with the sole intention of griping about it. Can't we all just... Get along?
    12-01-08 08:14 PM
    Yeah you don't return the phone that quick and then think you can do a review or even fairly comment on it. You keep it the 30 days and then return it if you don't like it... And then you can do your personal opinion/review as well. Blabbing like this should be ignored by those interested in getting the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 08:14 PM
    I love my storm, but then, I am coming from an original moto Q. Needless to say the storm is a huge improvement. I know plenty of people who absolutely hate the storm, but they don't start threads with the sole intention of griping about it. Can't we all just... Get along?
    Ive thought about it a bit and I think I know why all the all black/all white opinion. I think what BB users wanted in a Storm was an iPhone killer. That's where the disappointments lie. It's not an iPhone killer and its only a "decent" touch screen phone that is passable at best and torture to use at worst... torture based on high incidence of typos, navigation vagaries and LAG TIME and FREEZES... things that BB users are especially unused to.
    12-01-08 08:31 PM
    Well, "stastics show" your beloved Storm is a piece of ****, but whatever.
    My beloved Storm? You either don't read well, or just don't pay attention. I have a Curve, and it clearly states that right up top there, see?
    12-01-08 09:00 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD