Well I called that Best Buy again that Red Stripe claims to have called. The new person I spoke to this time said:

Me: Hi, do you guys have the new Blackberry?
    Guy: Let me check, one sec. *few seconds* We do not have any in stock.
    Me: Oh okay, do you know when it went out of stock?
    Guy: I think a couple days ago.
    Me: Hmm alright. Are you guys getting a lot of them? Like did you get a lot your first batch....just in case I need to rush on the second batch or not.
    Guy: We did not get that many in our first batch.

So this guy says they didn't get many but that they are sold out while the first dude I spoke to said 30 and are were sold out.

I'll probably assume this place didn't get too many though because I think every rep would be well aware of 30 units of 1 phone selling out in 1 day if you worked in that store.
    From 30 sold out in a day to "not that many" (blackberry would approve of the phraseology) sold out "I think a couple days ago". "A couple days ago" would be perhaps Sunday which would be "not that many" sold over approximately 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun). It is anyone's guess what "not that many is. Toss in "we only got a few" and I would WAG 5.

Certainly quite a change in your story and, I think it is fair to say, much more in line with the vast majority of US release reports of tepid sales. My phone call said "they only got a few" and "they are still here" as of yesterday evening, but they sold "some".

Pick your poison. Neither is good news for BBRY. And no, I won't call again. One call to satisfy my curiosity and call BS on a comically inflated sales claim (30 in a day at one BB) is more than enough.
    03-26-13 07:35 PM
    Tt

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:39 PM
    From 30 sold out in a day to "not that many" (blackberry would approve of the phraseology) sold out "I think a couple days ago". "A couple days ago" would be perhaps Sunday which would be "not that many" sold over approximately 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun). It is anyone's guess what "not that many is. Toss in "we only got a few" and I would WAG 5.

Certainly quite a change in your story and, I think it is fair to say, much more in line with the vast majority of US release reports of tepid sales. My phone call said "they only got a few" and "they are still here" as of yesterday evening, but they sold "some".

Pick your poison. Neither is good news for BBRY. And no, I won't call again. One call to satisfy my curiosity and call BS on a comically inflated sales claim (30 in a day at one BB) is more than enough.
    Yeah I don't really expect you to call them back. We now have 3 calls from that place with 3 different stories. Clearly the people there are oblivious.
    03-26-13 07:43 PM
    i shopped at a mall in Milwaukee today. I had a couple hours before my flight

Best Buy Mobile kiosk had the phone well displayed and salesman knew a lot about it. He said he just started messing with it yesterday and is very impressed. I asked how many they have sold and he said a couple, but he did mention the store manager had decided to buy one for himself when Verizon has it .

AT and T had it out, no signage but the rep said he'd like what he saw, but he hasnt spent much time with it. He said he sold one earlier today, and had another customer that really liked it but went Android due to the lack of apps.

This was the first time I had touched the phone, and wow was I impressed. I carry and IP4s for personal and a 9930 for work. I am strongly tempted to go to 2 BBs as my company is hesitant to upgrade our BES servers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Go for it! You will not regret it.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:59 PM
    Hi. Question. So the $120 a month is for both lines or $120 a month for each line?
    Both lines
    03-26-13 09:18 PM
    Both lines
    WOW! And unlimited everything? Data, Talk, Text?

I stop at the TMo by Wall Street tomorrow?
    03-26-13 09:33 PM
    my att store I went to, the usual guy who's there was extremely excited for the z10 (mind you this store pushed android devices HARD) and even referenced using the z10 as to how iron man moves things around on his computer. He also mentioned he had been doing blackberry transfers of data all day

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    03-26-13 10:03 PM
    WOW! And unlimited everything? Data, Talk, Text?

I stop at the TMo by Wall Street tomorrow?
    yep everything is unlimited with no caps, and that includes tethering up to 500mb, it's also no contract.
    03-26-13 10:17 PM
    We have similar plans like that here in Australia and now they are pointing out what they say are "fair use" conditions in the small print. Sneaky little carriers are cutting people off if they use too much data on an "unlimited" data plan. Bit of a sh*tfight going on here about it presently.

Great deal there, though, katiepea.
    03-26-13 10:42 PM
    It had more to do with being able to buy 4 year old phones at close to 10 cents on the dollar that helped those developing countries help keep them afloat.

If you only knew.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it funny how clueless you are?

Even Blackberry has expressed their pleasant surprise how a large chunk of the BB populace in Nigeria, for instance, are using 'high-end' OS7 & OS6 devices like the 9900 and Torch series.
    Not to mention you have a passionate fanbase that maintain active subscriptions religiously, funneling more money into BB's coffers.
    03-27-13 01:07 AM
    yep everything is unlimited with no caps, and that includes tethering up to 500mb, it's also no contract.
    Saturday I went to Darrington (about 20 miles off Interstate 5) & had Verizon good signal even at the hiking trail.

AT&T had some EDGE signal some of the time TMO was nothing.

if I had TMO & had car trouble or got hurt, I would be stuck.

Yes, I had 3 BlackBerry phones with me. T-Mobile has the worst coverage by far, about as bad as Sprint. Hence the low price plans.
    03-27-13 02:06 AM
    I would go back and buy from that man .
    Take that story and reverse it, the person comes in looking for a BB but the salesperson keeps pushing the iPhone. Would you still buy from him?

I would agree with that if it were 5 years ago. Even my 70 year old Dad knows how to search Amazon to look up product info, and reviews nowadays. I'd agree there are people who get swayed, but I think at this point the majority of people go to the store pretty much knowing what they want.

If you are buying a phone based solely on what a salesperson tells you, it's not an Apple problem. It's a problem with not being an educated consumer. It would be no different than buying a Blackberry because some people on Crackberry like to call Apple product users silly names to feel better about themselves.
    Good salespeople actually help uneducated consumers get the right thing for their needs. Problem is people looking at the bad ones as examples and thinging all of us are crap. If someone walsk off the street with no clue what they want, a good salesperson will send them out the door happy, without the need for hours of searching reviews, or trying to dig through forums.
    03-27-13 11:35 AM
    There is a theoretical cap. From the Engadget coverage of the unveiling event:

"Throttling will occur when you hit your ceiling. On the unlimited it's "absolutely unlimited -- except in edge cases where somebody might be using the product for outside of normal wireless usage. It's what you might call fair usage."
    "We have no arbitrary limit on that. We have people who do use 50 gigs and don't get throttled by us. Our fair usage is about whether someone's usage is inhibiting fair access to other users."
    Both quotes were by John Legere (TMO President/CEO.) In response to the second statement, Tim Stevens (Engadget EIC) wondered,

So, it sounds like so long a the network can handle it, it's unlimited. What about when the network is reaching capacity?
    03-27-13 12:04 PM
    T-Mobile has the worst coverage by far, about as bad as Sprint.
    This is relative. I'm with Sprint and never have coverage issues. But I'm in a large city and hang out in other large cities.

Have you been out hiking with a Sprint phone and had been unable to pick up a roaming signal?

Get in where you fit in I guess.
    03-27-13 12:13 PM
    This is relative. I'm with Sprint and never have coverage issues. But I'm in a large city and hang out in other large cities.

Have you been out hiking with a Sprint phone and had been unable to pick up a roaming signal?

Get in where you fit in I guess.
    I have clients that use AT&T that constantly have dropped calls. I'll have a dropped call on Verizon once in a while, but pretty rare. Perhaps it is our more rural area that is the difference.

I have clients that use Sprint and it's pretty crappy coverage for the most part. I lost a client business that was using BlackBerry phones to Android/Verizon. He was so unhappy with missing calls on Sprint that he jumped to Verizon and Samsung S3, even though I had been trying to get them to switch to Verizon for years. I still don't understand why they didn't stay with BlackBerry, they were using Bold 9650's and Playbooks. New 9930's would have been great. (this was months ago).
    03-28-13 04:13 AM
540 ... 202122